Have a really good conditioner?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Please tell me the name... my hair is really hard to comb out and I

need something. Part of the problem is it's color treated, I know,

but there should be something good out there. The little packets

that come in the hair color work pretty good but that's only once

every 6 weeks or so...
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Mystery

Post by Mystery »

Tried VO5?

I actually use only Pantene hair products. The in-shower conditioner works well, but they have a spray on that's good too, with options and I think one is designed for color-treated hair.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I like Fructis Leave In Conditioning Cream.

It comes in the obnoxious bright green bottle. :)
valerie

Post by valerie »

Thanks, Mys!

So, RG, you never rinse it out? Does it leave your hair "flat"?

(Must not if that's what you used right before your avatar photo!!)

;):wah:
Tamsen's Dogster Page

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I just towel dry my hair after washing and put about a half a teaspoon of conditioning cream in my hands and fluff it into my hair. It doesn't leave it flat even though I have very fine hair. It comes in different formulas, one for colored/permed hair, one for straight and shiny and the one I use is called Curl & Shine. Its the only conditioner I use nowadays. I find the rinse out conditioners leave my hair flat and way too soft.
spot

Post by spot »

You want a conditioner primarily so you can easily get a comb or brush through your hair afterwards?

There's degrees of stickiness in what gets left behind from a conditioner. At the stickiest end you get hair gel, then it comes down through gluey packing conditioner to lighter leave-in stuff. It seems to me you're looking more for a light product than one which would hold a beehive style intact for days on end.

The other thing to watch out for is anything to which you react badly. I don't but it happens. I'll vote along with Mystery, I can slap on Pantene Pro-V quite happily and it happens to match what my hair needs but I can't see how that would relate to anyone else's head other than by sheer luck. As a second thought T.Mcadam's "Volume Thickening" leaves enough conditioner behind after rinsing for me to stay in control for a day, I'm more aware that it's there for a lot longer than I am with the Pro-V. I expect it's gluier.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Val

I use hair gel - and it works great to detangle and doesn't leave your hair greasy - can't tell you applied any. very managable

After washing, apply some to your wet hair - I apply mainly to the areas that get the most sun.

Meaning - 100 degrees - my color treated hair is worn up & dries out.

it's the dried out color treated areas that are tangled so that's my wholehead.:w

I still use random conditioners after shampooing & still apply gel.

I have alot of hair - very thick & Long.

Good luck

Patsy
watermark

Post by watermark »

I'd just get a detangler spray if that's all you're concerned about. Doesn't sound like you need much else.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

JAB;874479 wrote: I have color treated hair as well and I use Dove conditioner right after I shampoo it. Rinses out nicely and combs easily for me.

Same here Dove is great:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
spot

Post by spot »

Naming hair products after a Manifestation of the Holy Spirit always seemed so close to blasphemy that I've avoided its use. Does nobody else have that problem? There was an advert on British TV in which a shock-haired woman exclaimed "Oh Lord, my hair's a mess!", picked up a dispenser of Dove looking worried and then the camera cut to her subsequently brushing her perfected coiffure and pulled back to reveal a clerical dog-collar round her neck. Someone, somewhere, in the company which makes Dove, there was an executive who'd authorized the identification of the product with Acts of God.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;874444 wrote: You want a conditioner primarily so you can easily get a comb or brush through your hair afterwards?

There's degrees of stickiness in what gets left behind from a conditioner. At the stickiest end you get hair gel, then it comes down through gluey packing conditioner to lighter leave-in stuff. It seems to me you're looking more for a light product than one which would hold a beehive style intact for days on end.

The other thing to watch out for is anything to which you react badly. I don't but it happens. I'll vote along with Mystery, I can slap on Pantene Pro-V quite happily and it happens to match what my hair needs but I can't see how that would relate to anyone else's head other than by sheer luck. As a second thought T.Mcadam's "Volume Thickening" leaves enough conditioner behind after rinsing for me to stay in control for a day, I'm more aware that it's there for a lot longer than I am with the Pro-V. I expect it's gluier.

:wah::wah::wah:

You are too funny !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Plain and simple Vinager......only fing is you smell like the local fish and chip shop but its true......as a child my mother who owned a hairdressers used to use it on me....other thing she used was a bath cube (dont even know if they still make them lol) mixed with water and poured it over my hair oh and also a bottle of beer sometimes;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;874501 wrote: Naming hair products after a Manifestation of the Holy Spirit always seemed so close to blasphemy that I've avoided its use. Does nobody else have that problem? There was an advert on British TV in which a shock-haired woman exclaimed "Oh Lord, my hair's a mess!", picked up a dispenser of Dove looking worried and then the camera cut to her subsequently brushing her perfected coiffure and pulled back to reveal a clerical dog-collar round her neck. Someone, somewhere, in the company which makes Dove, there was an executive who'd authorized the identification of the product with Acts of God.

I personally have never encountered the dilemma of whether or not I should use hair products named after a manifestation of the Holy Spirit.

Its a problem I hope I never have to confront.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

Post by Peg »

My daughter and I are both hooked on Tresseme. Leave it on for about two minutes. Works great!
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Hi Val :-4

Its not the conditioner that matters its how you use it. Once you have the conditioner on - place a towel into hot water (as hot as you can handle) wring it out & wrap it around your hair/head like a turban & leave on for 15-20 mins then rinse the conditioner out.

What happens in laymans terms is your hair shaft is like the tiles on a roof, the heat will make the tiles lift & allow the conditioner right into the core of the hair = abracadabra fab hair.

Do this at least twice a week, if you dont want to do that buy (Proclere infatreat) which actually does correct, restore & restructure (its a leave in )

P.S I'm a hairdresser ;)
suzy_creamcheese

Post by suzy_creamcheese »

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1030859

this stuff is a miracle worker.

well, its very very good anyway, its what i use if my hair is really out of condition, when all other conditioners fail
Cow Patty

Post by Cow Patty »

Dampen your hair. Apply a thick layer of real mayonnaise to your hair, from roots to ends, then comb the mayonnaise through your hair with a wide-toothed comb. Then place a plastic shower cap on your head. Leave the mixture on your hair for twenty minutes. Shampoo as normal.

Carrolly was right beer works too, After your shampoo, rinse your hair in a bottle of flat, warm beer. Rinse thoroughly, making sure you get rid of all of the beer smell.
Tan

Post by Tan »

The best thing I've learned is to use a good shampoo! It doesnt matter what conditioner you use (and Ive experimented with ALOT!) Wash your hair only when neccessary...like a few times a week. Theres a new product called WEN. Its a hair cleanser. I cant wait to get my hands on it. It doesnt strip the natural oils in your hair while cleansing in.

I guess that doesnt really answer your question about conditioner does it?:o
Tan
valerie

Post by valerie »

That does help, though. I only wash my hair about every third day,

so as to leave some of the natural oils in to help out. I will experiment

with a new shampoo, mine might be just building up on my hair.

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Valerie, I haven't used hair products for nearly two years now. They all make my hair lank and flat. Having a wheat allergy I was horrified to discover how many of these products are full of wheat! So naturally my hair and scalp does much better without any of it.

I give my hair a good brush before rinsing it thoroughly with just water. Then I just treat it gently, no rough towel drying, just pat it dry and gently work a large tooth comb through it. Surprisingly it's not too tangly.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I've used Tresemme and Suave for years, I alternate between the two. I have really thick dry wavy hair and I've tried probably every shampoo/conditioner ever made and those two work best for me. :-6
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Heard on the radio this afternoon :

"The only hair product a man needs is a hat."

:yh_rotfl

Return to “General Chit Chat”