Trump golf inquiry in full swing

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
gmc

Post by gmc »

O.K. so what do you think?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/nor ... 444123.stm

Personally I'm agin it. I know several labour supporters who are now considering voting SNP but are waiting to see the outcome of this.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Actually I hope he gets permission for his golf course but not for Trumpton (the hotels, time-shares and houses for the ultra-filthy rich).

The desired result is that he takes himself off in huff refusing to build anything in Scotland ever again.

The proposed "Golf course" is not the reason for this development. It's his loss leader. Trumps' reason for this development is to make money. How? By selling the attached homes, time-shares and hotel rooms at exorbitant prices.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

From last year http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... nald+trump

I miss Randall, hope he's ok :-4
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bastards. I had been toying with the idea of voting SNP but when it comes right down to it they ignore the locals just as much as labour ever did. Wonder how biog a bribe the SNP got

Trump's £1bn golf course in Scotland approved | Metro.co.uk
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Awww c'mon GMC its a golf course, if they have to use the land for something would you not rather see a golf course than hundreds of flats?
gmc

Post by gmc »

buttercup;1058077 wrote: Awww c'mon GMC its a golf course, if they have to use the land for something would you not rather see a golf course than hundreds of flats?

The money is in the housing and the hotels not the golf course. Tell are you prepared to accept gated communities in Scotland? ghettoes for the rich with the riff raff kept out in their own country. Nor are they likely to be spending a lot in the surrounding areas. On a place like Harris it might have been good for the local community but Aberdeen?

It's hardly going to create good quality permanent for the locals in an area where unemployment is amongst the lowest in scotland-under 2%. The last thing they need is jobs as servants in a holiday resort.

All it's done is show that the SNP will roll over at the hint of a bribe just like labour would. The way the farmer who refused to sell his land was bullied and treated by the trump organisation should be enough to get them thrown out of the country. Why do we tolerate such things from people just because they happen to be rich? He's crook and a bully and he's just got away with.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Acht go pour yersel a whisky ya grumpy al bugger :wah:
gmc

Post by gmc »

buttercup;1059136 wrote: Acht go pour yersel a whisky ya grumpy al bugger :wah: Are you buying:D

Trump makes hos money on the houses and the hotel not the golf course. If he could have the golf course and not the hotel and houses think he would be interested? Bout time we confiscated all these big shooting estates anyway.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Yeah i'm buying :wah:

Its not true what they say about the Aberdonians you know :sneaky:
gmc

Post by gmc »

buttercup;1064553 wrote: Yeah i'm buying :wah:

Its not true what they say about the Aberdonians you know :sneaky:

You're one of them? I had you down as a central belter.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Damn, am i that obvious? :wah:

Hands up then pfffttt born in Glasgow, left age 8 so see the North East more as home.
gmc

Post by gmc »

buttercup;1064947 wrote: Damn, am i that obvious? :wah:

Hands up then pfffttt born in Glasgow, left age 8 so see the North East more as home.

Acht go pour yersel a whisky ya grumpy al bugger

You appear not to have the doric.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Seems Donald thinks no one should stand in his way

Another round of trouble as Trump sues for $100m - Americas, World - The Independent

According to local residents and court documents, officials have refused to rename a local highway Trump National Drive, and forced him to cut down a row of 12ft trees he had planted to block views of low-cost housing from the course. Now they are holding up plans for 20 luxury homes in the golf club grounds, demanding tough environmental and safety studies because of landslides in the area.

It would be funny if it didn't seem money talked every time.

Return to “Scotland”