Name Choice

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
SOJOURNER

Name Choice

Post by SOJOURNER »

On Tuesday I became a grandmother for the second time. We have another grandson and his name is Brody, short for Brodan.

He was named almost as soon as our daughter and son-in-law discovered they were expecting. It was really neat to be able to talk about "Brody" by name throughout the pregnancy instead of just referring to 'the baby' or "Him".

Imagine my surprise when our daughter said to me yesterday -- "When I look at him, I keep thinking he looks like a Christopher...........

I just responded "Oh" and looked at him.

How would you have reacted?

At what time during the pregnancy or after the birth were your children named?
chonsigirl

Name Choice

Post by chonsigirl »

I always picked out a boy and girl name, never asked the gender of my baby and told the doctor I didn't want to know. We always had a generic name to refer to baby while pregnant.

I still find it very strange that so many want to know what the sex is of the baby prior to birth. It kind of takes out alot of the fun, and the surprise at the end. I think when I am finally a granny, they better not tell me ahead of time what it is, I think I would be disappointed from the fun of waiting to find out.
chonsigirl

Name Choice

Post by chonsigirl »

And congrats on being a granny again, how wonderful! :-4
southern yankee

Name Choice

Post by southern yankee »

i had decided on a compleatly different name then i named my daughter. but when i signed the birth certificate. i said her name. it sounded right. she is glad i choose it. she HATED my first choice::o
Cow Patty

Name Choice

Post by Cow Patty »

I had a list of about 6 names that I liked for my daughter. After she was born I immediately knew then what name I was going with.

Return to “General Chit Chat”