Woman President dangerous?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Post by cars »

I'm afraid this may sound sexist, but should it be of any real concern? I just heard a conversation where someone mentioned that what if elected, the worst happened after McCain took office? And then Palin took over. She already has been "nicknamed" the "Barricuda" for her brand of politics! Now finding herself in charge of a "World-Power", would Palin once a month be more likely a threat to be in a "push-the-button" mode, during that PMS time of the month? (Judging from our oldest Daughter during PMS time, most likely our Daughter would. Thank Goodness she's not running for office:)) It's true, there are checks and balances in place, to keep things in perspective. However, ultimately the Comander & Chief has the extremely overbearing hand in it all!

(Margaret Thatcher comes to mind as PM in 79, seemed level headed, but she may have been past the PMS age)

Thoughts/ comments?!
Cars :)
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I dunno:thinking:i have often thought my husband has monthlies:-3:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

kazalala;982797 wrote: I dunno:thinking:i have often thought my husband has monthlies:-3:wah:

I agree. Men have a monthly cycle too. It may not be as obvious as ours but it still affects them mentally. :sneaky:

Also, I don't think you can take problems like that to work with you. Women in pain will take paracetamol where men will probably try to bear the pain and be grouchy, imo anyway. For worse problems we see the doctor where men will probably try to avoid the doctor, also imo. In a professional environment you have to act like a professional, regardless of how you feel. You wouldn't be promoted to senior rank if you couldn't deal with stuff like that.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Rapunzel;982812 wrote: I agree. Men have a monthly cycle too. It may not be as obvious as ours but it still affects them mentally. :sneaky:

Also, I don't think you can take problems like that to work with you. Women in pain will take paracetamol where men will probably try to bear the pain and be grouchy, imo anyway. For worse problems we see the doctor where men will probably try to avoid the doctor, also imo. In a professional environment you have to act like a professional, regardless of how you feel. You wouldn't be promoted to senior rank if you couldn't deal with stuff like that.

Yep,, i think it has a lot more to do with the character of a person than the gender:)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I'm sure any pms issue would have been exposed by now if it existed. If not, you can be sure the anti-Palin blogs will ferret it out.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

Whether you like her or not, I somehow think she could handle any related criticism (which I think is a non issue).

During last nights TV interview she was asked if she could handled the job and take care of seven people in her family (a dumb and jaded question given two of them are adult or near adult children and two are her and her husband), she replied she did it as governor and many others have already done it in any case...and then added, but of course, they were men. :D
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

When Lady Margaret Thatcher first came to power in England, my father said this "Anything that bleeds for a week & still lives must be viewed with suspicion".:p:p:p
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
cars

Post by cars »

QUINNSCOMMENTARY;982938 wrote: Whether you like her or not, I somehow think she could handle any related criticism (which I think is a non issue).

During last nights TV interview she was asked if she could handled the job and take care of seven people in her family (a dumb and jaded question given two of them are adult or near adult children and two are her and her husband), she replied she did it as governor and many others have already done it in any case...and then added, but of course, they were men. :D
Actually, for the short time she has been in the "spotlight" and the way she handled herself, I'm favoriably inclined to like her!!! There's still time before that big Tuesday, for her to "shine" more, or if it turns out less. I suspect it will be more! :)
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

oscar;983121 wrote: When Lady Margaret Thatcher first came to power in England, my father said this "Anything that bleeds for a week & still lives must be viewed with suspicion".:p:p:p

I find that really tasteless and an insult to women. It's really not funny.

No I'm sure, once a month as Palin lies naked in her Moon Hut, bleeding onto a mat of reeds, while her menstruating sister women recline bleeding onto their mats of reeds, the village men who don't comprehend simple bodily functions, and fear all-powerful women during their moon time, will go off to war.

Of course the women who perpetuate this myth aren't helping the situation much. Educate your men! What does it say when a man thinks a woman president would be an irrational button pusher once a month? Stop talking about chocolate and butcher knives and giving bad impressions, Women!

I mean that's as bad as saying if McCain doesn't get any from his wife, is he going to start WW3?

A woman president will do fine. She's not to be feared once a month.

She 's to be feared all the time!! :wah:
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

RedGlitter;983238 wrote: Of course the women who perpetuate this myth aren't helping the situation much. Educate your men!
That's okay. I'm good. :-3
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I'd rather have Hillary than Palin as prez. Smarter. Just MO.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

qsducks;983253 wrote: I'd rather have Hillary than Palin as prez. Smarter. Just MO.I'd rather have Ron Paul. Come on, I'll buy the first round.
cars

Post by cars »

It has been said, some women don't suffer much from PMS at all! Hope Palin is one of them! And I also realize that "men" can act hormonal as well, and can be SOB's for days on end! This whole PMS discusion could turn out be a mute point, if Barack gets in! Then it would be, the "testirone mode"! :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

and you don't think men have their moods?

yes they do!

also with women, ever heard of menopause?

:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

jimbo;983262 wrote: i think a woman prezzie could work wonder for the US

And what is that dude in the background smoking and drinking?:):-3
Okie

Post by Okie »

cars;982794 wrote: I'm afraid this may sound sexist, but should it be of any real concern? I just heard a conversation where someone mentioned that what if elected, the worst happened after McCain took office? And then Palin took over. She already has been "nicknamed" the "Barricuda" for her brand of politics! Now finding herself in charge of a "World-Power", would Palin once a month be more likely a threat to be in a "push-the-button" mode, during that PMS time of the month? (Judging from our oldest Daughter during PMS time, most likely our Daughter would. Thank Goodness she's not running for office:)) It's true, there are checks and balances in place, to keep things in perspective. However, ultimately the Comander & Chief has the extremely overbearing hand in it all!

(Margaret Thatcher comes to mind as PM in 79, seemed level headed, but she may have been past the PMS age)

Thoughts/ comments?!

My biggest problem with Sarah is she would appoint many federal judges and with her radical right wing views the court would be stacked with hardnosed Republicans. She has tried to get books banned that did not fit with her religion.lShe wants Creationism taught in school and she wants Roe Wade overturned and I dont think she is entirely honest in that she keeps saying how she stopped the bridge to nowhere. But she helped to get the money for it first. And then did not return the money. She also wants to stop loobyinst but she hired a lobbyist to get money for Alaska.
Odie

Post by Odie »

I would have rather had Hiliary but we also knew that would have never been acceptable........because she is a woman.
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Okie;983442 wrote: My biggest problem with Sarah is she would appoint many federal judges and with her radical right wing views the court would be stacked with hardnosed Republicans. She has tried to get books banned that did not fit with her religion.lShe wants Creationism taught in school and she wants Roe Wade overturned and I dont think she is entirely honest in that she keeps saying how she stopped the bridge to nowhere. But she helped to get the money for it first. And then did not return the money. She also wants to stop loobyinst but she hired a lobbyist to get money for Alaska.

She is part of the Federalist Society and look what they've done to this country and courts.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Okie;983442 wrote: My biggest problem with Sarah is she would appoint many federal judges and with her radical right wing views the court would be stacked with hardnosed Republicans. She has tried to get books banned that did not fit with her religion.lShe wants Creationism taught in school and she wants Roe Wade overturned and I dont think she is entirely honest in that she keeps saying how she stopped the bridge to nowhere. But she helped to get the money for it first. And then did not return the money. She also wants to stop loobyinst but she hired a lobbyist to get money for Alaska.The bolded sentence is not true. She explained in an interview that she asked the librarian about the legalities of banning books because a resident asked the question of her.

The rest is true, though, except the lobbyist was for her city, not the state.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Yes Cars you were right...this does sound sexist. :thinking:
cars

Post by cars »

Just for the record, I wasn't even "considering McCain", until he picked "Palin"! Now, I'm leaning towards his camp! McCain said he favors change on the hill. And if he's elected, and he doesn't show enough change, or any change at all for that matter, I suspect Palin will have a heavy infulence on forcing him to abide by his promises!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

cars;983704 wrote: Just for the record, I wasn't even "considering McCain", until he picked "Palin"! Now, I'm leaning towards his camp! McCain said he favors change on the hill. And if he's elected, and he doesn't show enough change, or any change at all for that matter, I suspect Palin will have a heavy infulence on forcing him to abide by his promises!
You don't mean ..................... the MAMA STARE?!? :eek:

cars

Post by cars »

Accountable;983720 wrote: You don't mean ..................... the MAMA STARE?!? :eek:

That, and the twista-the-arm manuver! :D And it would be hands down, if he went away for one reason or another! :lips:

(Then we'd see Sarah in all her glory!)
librtyhead

Post by librtyhead »

Hoss;983595 wrote: Of a BBgun? :-3
That's a good photoshop job.
cars

Post by cars »

librtyhead;983738 wrote: That's a good photoshop job.
BB gun, there was a BB gun! :D :p :wah:
Oscar Namechange

RedGlitter;983238 wrote: I find that really tasteless and an insult to women. It's really not funny.

No I'm sure, once a month as Palin lies naked in her Moon Hut, bleeding onto a mat of reeds, while her menstruating sister women recline bleeding onto their mats of reeds, the village men who don't comprehend simple bodily functions, and fear all-powerful women during their moon time, will go off to war.

Of course the women who perpetuate this myth aren't helping the situation much. Educate your men! What does it say when a man thinks a woman president would be an irrational button pusher once a month? Stop talking about chocolate and butcher knives and giving bad impressions, Women!

I mean that's as bad as saying if McCain doesn't get any from his wife, is he going to start WW3?

A woman president will do fine. She's not to be feared once a month.

She 's to be feared all the time!! :wah:didn't mean to offend you Red Glitter:lips:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Okie;983442 wrote: My biggest problem with Sarah is she would appoint many federal judges and with her radical right wing views the court would be stacked with hardnosed Republicans. She has tried to get books banned that did not fit with her religion.lShe wants Creationism taught in school and she wants Roe Wade overturned and I dont think she is entirely honest in that she keeps saying how she stopped the bridge to nowhere. But she helped to get the money for it first. And then did not return the money. She also wants to stop loobyinst but she hired a lobbyist to get money for Alaska.

Ever hear of the Federalist Society? Scary.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

qsducks;984123 wrote: Ever hear of the Federalist Society? Scary.
Scary?

http://www.fed-soc.org/aboutus/

Our Purpose

Law schools and the legal profession are currently strongly dominated by a form of orthodox liberal ideology which advocates a centralized and uniform society. While some members of the academic community have dissented from these views, by and large they are taught simultaneously with (and indeed as if they were) the law.

The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies is a group of conservatives and libertarians interested in the current state of the legal order. It is founded on the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be. The Society seeks both to promote an awareness of these principles and to further their application through its activities.

This entails reordering priorities within the legal system to place a premium on individual liberty, traditional values, and the rule of law. It also requires restoring the recognition of the importance of these norms among lawyers, judges, law students and professors. In working to achieve these goals, the Society has created a conservative and libertarian intellectual network that extends to all levels of the legal community.

Seems to be a good thing at first glance. What am I missing?
cars

Post by cars »

First glance looks good here as well!
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

oscar;984122 wrote: didn't mean to offend you Red Glitter:lips:

You didn't Oscar. Just that bleeding thing. I've heard it before and never liked it. But you didn't offend me. :)
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

pfft! throughout history it's been mostly men who have chosen to go to war with each other.

Women would just insult each other's choices in shoes or whatever. :p :D :wah:
gmc

Post by gmc »

sunny104;984370 wrote: pfft! throughout history it's been mostly men who have chosen to go to war with each other.

Women would just insult each other's choices in shoes or whatever. :p :D :wah:

Are you kidding? history's full of stories of warrior queens and warrior women, even the bible has them. What do you think sheba was for example, odds are she was black as well. Mongol women fought alongside their men and they did so in many other cultures as well.

http://www.lothene.demon.co.uk/others/womenprehist.html
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Did anyone see Tina Fey on SNL the other night acting as Sarah Palin?:wah:
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

gmc;984430 wrote: Are you kidding? history's full of stories of warrior queens and warrior women, even the bible has them. What do you think sheba was for example, odds are she was black as well. Mongol women fought alongside their men and they did so in many other cultures as well.

http://www.lothene.demon.co.uk/others/womenprehist.html

I was kidding.

are you cranky from being a bit too cold from walking the highlands in your kilt this morning? :p
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

No good.

That will just get us into a world of ****.

We gotta find a way to pacify them.......

Im willing to ease up on remote control rules.

Guys ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Accountable;984134 wrote: Scary?

http://www.fed-soc.org/aboutus/

Our Purpose

Law schools and the legal profession are currently strongly dominated by a form of orthodox liberal ideology which advocates a centralized and uniform society. While some members of the academic community have dissented from these views, by and large they are taught simultaneously with (and indeed as if they were) the law.

The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies is a group of conservatives and libertarians interested in the current state of the legal order. It is founded on the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be. The Society seeks both to promote an awareness of these principles and to further their application through its activities.

This entails reordering priorities within the legal system to place a premium on individual liberty, traditional values, and the rule of law. It also requires restoring the recognition of the importance of these norms among lawyers, judges, law students and professors. In working to achieve these goals, the Society has created a conservative and libertarian intellectual network that extends to all levels of the legal community.

Seems to be a good thing at first glance. What am I missing?

On it's head maybe. The two latest justices are from this band of "let's turn America backwards regarding civil and women's rights".
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

qsducks;984439 wrote: Did anyone see Tina Fey on SNL the other night acting as Sarah Palin?:wah:

I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;984482 wrote:

Perfect.:wah:
gmc

Post by gmc »

sunny104;984445 wrote: I was kidding.

are you cranky from being a bit too cold from walking the highlands in your kilt this morning? :p

:yh_rotfl So was I, kidding I mean. No I wasn't cold being soaked to the skin takes your mind off the cold, though the rain does discourage the midges somewhat. Scotland used to be covered in temperate rain forest, now all we have is the rain and no forests. Actually I'm not a teuchter anyway.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

qsducks;984451 wrote: On it's head maybe. The two latest justices are from this band of "let's turn America backwards regarding civil and women's rights".
I don't understand.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

i have a hard time thinking that people are actually worried that a woman president could be in danger of starting WW3 because of pms! :confused:

i guess it's because i don't have that much problem with pms, i don't have mood swings or anything, so i don't know anything about that!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Hope6;986015 wrote: i have a hard time thinking that people are actually worried that a woman president could be in danger of starting WW3 because of pms! :confused:

i guess it's because i don't have that much problem with pms, i don't have mood swings or anything, so i don't know anything about that!

I cant even let myself think about it.

We wouldnt last a day.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

gmc;984549 wrote: :yh_rotfl So was I, kidding I mean. No I wasn't cold being soaked to the skin takes your mind off the cold, though the rain does discourage the midges somewhat. Scotland used to be covered in temperate rain forest, now all we have is the rain and no forests. Actually I'm not a teuchter anyway. They also found Polar bear bones in Scotland as well. Proof there is no global warming, it's a natural event every few thousand years. It won't change because man is on the earth.
Oscar Namechange

Hope6;986015 wrote: i have a hard time thinking that people are actually worried that a woman president could be in danger of starting WW3 because of pms! :confused:

i guess it's because i don't have that much problem with pms, i don't have mood swings or anything, so i don't know anything about that! They said the same about Thatcher but there again she did get us into a pointless Falklands war.
Oscar Namechange

I'm not worried about a woman president pushing the button. First, she'd have to find it. Then, she's have to change the colour. Then, she'd want shoes to match, then the decor of the Oval office etc etc then finally, she'd change her mind.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;986481 wrote: I'm not worried about a woman president pushing the button. First, she'd have to find it. Then, she's have to change the colour. Then, she'd want shoes to match, then the decor of the Oval office etc etc then finally, she'd change her mind.

:yh_rotfl good job she's not a northern (english northern that is ) lass she would just lash out and feel sorry afterwards and god help anyone that didn't do as they were told.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

gmc;986547 wrote: :yh_rotfl good job she's not a northern (english northern that is ) lass she would just lash out and feel sorry afterwards and god help anyone that didn't do as they were told.

im a northern lass:sneaky:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “General Chit Chat”