Cell Phones.........Take it outside!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Odie

Post by Odie »

I think some of us need to vent on this!

What is it with rude people and cell phones?

In the supermarket............I had to wait for some rude idiot to talk to someone on his cell phone before I could reach the part of the meat section I needed!:-5

In the doctor's office...........shooting the breeze on her cell, while her kid was screaming!:-5

take it outside .....no one wants to listen to you!
Life is just to short for drama.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;985748 wrote: I think some of us need to vent on this!

In the supermarket............I had to wait for some rude idiot to talk to someone on his cell phone before I could reach the part of the meat section I needed!:-5

In the doctor's office...........shooting the breeze on her cell, while her kid was screaming!:-5

And they talk so LOUD!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree RUDE and inconsiderate of anyone around them. Frankly I don't want to hear your conversation with anyone ever non of my business. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Post by Odie »

I think the loud ones are done on purpose, 'look at me type'!:-5
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;985846 wrote: I think the loud ones are done on purpose, 'look at me type'!:-5

Some people just don't realize that practically everyone has a cell phone...it's no longer "cool".
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;985849 wrote: Some people just don't realize that practically everyone has a cell phone...it's no longer "cool".

to me, they were never cool..................ever tried driving with people using them?:-5
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Odie;985748 wrote: I think some of us need to vent on this!

I find it rude also, but on the other hand I say in a very loud voice, Excuse Me and they don't here it, I say it again louder. Gets the point across.
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;985866 wrote: I find it rude also, but on the other hand I say in a very loud voice, Excuse Me and they don't here it, I say it again louder. Gets the point across.

I have often wanted to do this, but here, some people think its funny to blow your head off!:-5
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;985857 wrote: to me, they were never cool..................ever tried driving with people using them?:-5

Well, my 8yr old knows that when she's driving she doesn't touch her phone. ;)Hubby tries it and I take the phone away from him. If I'm driving and someone is on their phone and being loud, I just tell them to shut up. :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

shelbell;985883 wrote: Well, my 8yr old knows that when she's driving she doesn't touch her phone. ;)Hubby tries it and I take the phone away from him. If I'm driving and someone is on their phone and being loud, I just tell them to shut up. :wah:

You need to go grocery shopping with me Shel.
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;985883 wrote: Well, my 8yr old knows that when she's driving she doesn't touch her phone. ;)Hubby tries it and I take the phone away from him. If I'm driving and someone is on their phone and being loud, I just tell them to shut up. :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:-5
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

qsducks;985887 wrote: You need to go grocery shopping with me Shel.

You probably wouldn't like it. I HATE to grocery shop, my hubby won't even go with me anymore. I shove carts out of the way, say "EXCUSE ME" rather loud when people are just standing around blocking the isles or are standing next to each other yapping. I almost got into a fight once at Walmart...this lady really pissed me off. Ever since then my middle daughter won't go to the store with me either...she was freaked out!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Way to go, Shel! It is rude when they are loud, and if someone is yakking and blocking my way, I would go in front of them..........
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

shelbell;985936 wrote: You probably wouldn't like it. I HATE to grocery shop, my hubby won't even go with me anymore. I shove carts out of the way, say "EXCUSE ME" rather loud when people are just standing around blocking the isles or are standing next to each other yapping. I almost got into a fight once at Walmart...this lady really pissed me off. Ever since then my middle daughter won't go to the store with me either...she was freaked out!

Just imagine us two moody bitches in the store:wah: Do you drive your car like this?
Odie

Post by Odie »

JAB;985943 wrote: Two weeks ago, I had a guy sitting behind me in church answer his cell phone and proceeded to carry on a conversation at the most solemn time of the Catholic Mass! The lady next to him chastised him rather firmly and I thought she was going to deck him one!

I really would have figured that in church, no cell phones would be allowed.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

JAB;985943 wrote: Two weeks ago, I had a guy sitting behind me in church answer his cell phone and proceeded to carry on a conversation at the most solemn time of the Catholic Mass! The lady next to him chastised him rather firmly and I thought she was going to deck him one!

I would have loved to have seen that:wah: And Father didn't say a thing? Whew.
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;985956 wrote: I would have loved to have seen that:wah: And Father didn't say a thing? Whew.

I wish he had of!:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

someone should suggest Father say something next mass!

that is disgusting and in very poor taste!
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

qsducks;985954 wrote: Just imagine us two moody bitches in the store:wah: Do you drive your car like this?

Not generally, I'm a really good driver...plus I don't want anything to happen to my truck, it's too pretty! :wah::wah:

I've been known to give the finger a few times in my life, and maybe scream at one or two people, but I generally behave myself. :wah:
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I used to work in a supermarket and I was on the till one afternoon when this guy turns up on a mobile phone talking as if he's in a meeting I scaned his stuff and tried to ask if he had a discount card or airmiles and the SOB shushed me ! As if I were dirt. So I rang up his goods and asked loudly for the payment at which point he finished talking and calmly fished out his discount and airmiles cards.

I smiled and politely said 'sorry sir I tried asking you for those before but you were too busy and I cant scan them now'

He was so angry but there was nothing he could do and had to pay the full amount!

:wah:
SlipStream

Post by SlipStream »

yeah, some people so selfish:(
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Victoria;986095 wrote: I used to work in a supermarket and I was on the till one afternoon when this guy turns up on a mobile phone talking as if he's in a meeting I scaned his stuff and tried to ask if he had a discount card or airmiles and the SOB shushed me ! As if I were dirt. So I rang up his goods and asked loudly for the payment at which point he finished talking and calmly fished out his discount and airmiles cards.

I smiled and politely said 'sorry sir I tried asking you for those before but you were too busy and I cant scan them now'

He was so angry but there was nothing he could do and had to pay the full amount!

As they say, paybacks are a b*tch. Bet you had a good laugh.:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Victoria;986095 wrote: I used to work in a supermarket and I was on the till one afternoon when this guy turns up on a mobile phone talking as if he's in a meeting I scaned his stuff and tried to ask if he had a discount card or airmiles and the SOB shushed me ! As if I were dirt. So I rang up his goods and asked loudly for the payment at which point he finished talking and calmly fished out his discount and airmiles cards.

good for you, ignornant SOB he was!
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

this thing can work both ways, i was Christmas shopping last year, so i was in the toy aisle, my phone rang so i found an aisle off to the side that no one was on and went to the other end away from everybody to answer my phone, there wasn't a soul around. so this woman shows up, comes down the aisle right beside me and turns on one of those loud toys that they have now ,right where i was standing! :(
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Hope6;986182 wrote: this thing can work both ways, i was Christmas shopping last year, so i was in the toy aisle, my phone rang so i found an aisle off to the side that no one was on and went to the other end away from everybody to answer my phone, there wasn't a soul around. so this woman shows up, comes down the aisle right beside me and turns on one of those loud toys that they have now ,right where i was standing! :(

I loath those loud toys and don't buy them. They drive everyone in the house nuts. But how rude of that woman. You didn't give her the evil eye?
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

qsducks;986192 wrote: I loath those loud toys and don't buy them. They drive everyone in the house nuts. But how rude of that woman. You didn't give her the evil eye?

i just moved to another aisle so i could hear who i was talking to, i'm not an evil eye type person! :-6
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Hope6;986206 wrote: i just moved to another aisle so i could hear who i was talking to, i'm not an evil eye type person! :-6

I'm sure she wasn't even paying attention to you when she turned on the loud, obnoxious toy.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

qsducks;986210 wrote: I'm sure she wasn't even paying attention to you when she turned on the loud, obnoxious toy.

i would like to think that but she was so close to me she almost touched me, i would think she could see i was on the phone, but her mind could have been elsewhere. i guess she was really involved in Christmas shopping! :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Hope6;986182 wrote: this thing can work both ways, i was Christmas shopping last year, so i was in the toy aisle, my phone rang so i found an aisle off to the side that no one was on and went to the other end away from everybody to answer my phone, there wasn't a soul around. so this woman shows up, comes down the aisle right beside me and turns on one of those loud toys that they have now ,right where i was standing! :(

thats just nasty, sometimes you do have to take calls...........I don't have anything against cell phones...........its the users who don't respect your privacy!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Hope6;986217 wrote: i would like to think that but she was so close to me she almost touched me, i would think she could see i was on the phone, but her mind could have been elsewhere. i guess she was really involved in Christmas shopping! :wah:

So, she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings? What a maroon.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

a little courtesy would be nice. If you absolutely *must* answer your phone in public then can't you step to the side out of our way and speak quietly or even go outside.
Cow Patty

Post by Cow Patty »

The Subway Restaurants here have a sign posted right on the glass before you start to order....It says something along these lines:

We will not take your order if you are talking on your cell phone. Please be curteous to the sandwich maker and refrain from using your cell phone while in line.

What even bothers me more than that are those stupid blue-tooth ear pieces. Would someone please tell those people they are NOT cool looking. What is the purpose of it??? They look at their phone anyway to see who it is before answering. In my opinion you just look like a crazy person talking to yourself with something sticking out of your ear.
watcher

Post by watcher »

Hang on, doesn't this compromise your signature, a little?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss
I'm too compassionate to be an utter bastard.

Too self respecting to be a caring idiot.

Too much pride to give up the self respect.

And not willing to take the rap for a lack of compassion.

Where does this leave me? Nowhere. What does this leave me? Nothing. Who does this leave me? Noone.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Cow Patty;986401 wrote: The Subway Restaurants here have a sign posted right on the glass before you start to order....It says something along these lines:

We will not take your order if you are talking on your cell phone. Please be curteous to the sandwich maker and refrain from using your cell phone while in line.

What even bothers me more than that are those stupid blue-tooth ear pieces. Would someone please tell those people they are NOT cool looking. What is the purpose of it??? They look at their phone anyway to see who it is before answering. In my opinion you just look like a crazy person talking to yourself with something sticking out of your ear.

doctors offices need those signs also!
Cow Patty

Post by Cow Patty »

watcher;986446 wrote: Hang on, doesn't this compromise your signature, a little?

Come on, church is church. Shouldn't a grown adult know right from wrong. Talking on your cell phone during church is just plain WRONG!!
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

What annoys me is that some people seem to have no concept of appropriate time and place. I've known staff to walk out of meetings because their phone is ringing, to me, that just takes the cake. The phone should be off anyway!

It's almost like they're going to keel over and die if they have to wait ten mins to call someone back!:-5
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Anyone can talk on their phones whenever they want to, I didn't want to talk them anyways.:D
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I hate when people talk on their cell phones and I have to hear their entire conversation bacause they're talking sooooo loud...yuk:(
Odie

Post by Odie »

I hate talking to people on the phone and they say hang on while I answer my cell phone!

worse than call waiting!.......as if that's not bad enough!
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Odie;986218 wrote: thats just nasty, sometimes you do have to take calls...........I don't have anything against cell phones...........its the users who don't respect your privacy!

yeah i always try to get to an out of the way place or go outside to answer mine, and thats what i was doing! and then she comes right down there next to me!

Return to “General Chit Chat”