OM Returns

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

Hi to everyone.

It has been 19 months, since I have had an internet connection. Finally, I'm back online.

I'm looking forward to interacting with you all again after a long time of forced abstinence. I hope to re-establish old aquaintances and make new friends here. And I'm glad to see that most of those that I remember are still posting here plus there are some newer posters.

I actually feel more nervous than when I first joined the forum. So, be easy with me or throw me right in at the deep end.
abbey

OM Returns

Post by abbey »

Hi OM
spot

OM Returns

Post by spot »

Yay! The wanderer returns!! Welcome home sunshine.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

Hi Guys.

How're you doin@?:-6
along-for-the-ride

OM Returns

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Welcome back, OM!:)

You get a welcome mat, too.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
CARLA

OM Returns

Post by CARLA »

Welcome back OM..:yh_peace
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

OM Returns

Post by spot »

No, hang on, there's protocols involved here, you can't use a welcome mat, this isn't an Intro thread!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Trunk Monkey

OM Returns

Post by Trunk Monkey »

I'm new here but would like to say welcome back :-6
Accountable

OM Returns

Post by Accountable »

:yh_party :yh_dance Damn good to see you back! :yh_dance :yh_party
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

Oww, C'mon. Let me have a welcome mat. So long as it's not muddy cos I'm barefooted.:lips:

D'you know, I've forgotten how to navigate my way around here. I keep pressing the wrong buttons!!:thinking:
Patsy Warnick

OM Returns

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Good to see ya

looking forward to chatting

Spot - love your reply PROTOCOL:wah:

made me chuckle

so this is Openmind's sequel, like the Jedi returns....

Patsy
along-for-the-ride

OM Returns

OpenMind;990483 wrote: Oww, C'mon. Let me have a welcome mat. So long as it's not muddy cos I'm barefooted.:lips:

D'you know, I've forgotten how to navigate my way around here. I keep pressing the wrong buttons!!:thinking:

:wah: Tell him, OM. Never use that word "protocal" again, Spot. If you do, smile when you say that. ;)
spot

OM Returns

Post by spot »

I don't know what the world's coming to, I really don't, this is in Members' News for goodness' sake. Let me tell you this, boy, let me tell you this, things were different back in the old days, stone the crows and no mistake. I've not had a good moan in weeks, seriously. Once it starts there's no holding it back.
along-for-the-ride

OM Returns

:wah:

Let us give thanks that OM survived 19 months of pure heck without the interent and is here to tell us about it. Weave your tale of woe, OM and afterwards we shall celebrate you triumphant return to us. :)
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

spot;990491 wrote: I don't know what the world's coming to, I really don't, this is in Members' News for goodness' sake. Let me tell you this, boy, let me tell you this, things were different back in the old days, stone the crows and no mistake. I've not had a good moan in weeks, seriously. Once it starts there's no holding it back.

Good God. I've not heard Stone the Crows for a long time!!!
spot

OM Returns

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;990494 wrote: Let us give thanks that OM survived 19 months of pure heck without the interent and is here to tell us about it. Weave your tale of woe, OM and afterwards we shall celebrate you triumphant return to us. :)

Traditionally an absence of that duration is either on Her Majesty's service or at Her Majesty's pleasure. I reckon he went undercover, spying on the Scots for MI6 and sabotaging their plans for independence, but he's not allowed to talk about it.
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

along-for-the-ride;990494 wrote: :wah:

Let us give thanks that OM survived 19 months of pure heck without the interent and is here to tell us about it. Weave your tale of woe, OM and afterwards we shall celebrate you triumphant return to us. :)

Well, OK then.

I had to starve for a bit. Did some research than got myself a contract. The contract forced me to get over my grieving as it was affecting my work.

Then I took a room in a pub (that was the good bit) but the room was located directly over where the bands played (which was good if the band was good as I could hear them better when attenuated by the division of the floor), but which was definitely bad when they tried doing karaoke (an event I defintely did my utmost to put the mockers on).

Then a flat come up in Leeds for which I didn't require a deposit. Living in a pub made it very hard to raise a deposit.

My car was vandalised within two weeks of moving to Leeds. Found a buyer for it! Got another car but that developed problems and I had to off-road it. it's now back on the road after having had to spend a few hundred on it. Still need to spend money on it but it's going now which is the main thing. I need a car especially between contracts to carry my tools. (On the first contract, it took me three days to get my tools to work then I had to get the toolbox to work which was difficult because it broke apart during my last contract before I moved up this way.)

Other than that, things are heading in the right direction. I'm now trying to stabilise my finances. Getting reconnected to the internet is a part of that. All my banking is online now and using the library is a bit dodgy. I caught one guy watching me once and when he happened to there again when I turned up for my next session I made damn sure he couldn't see my monitor (sucker gave up and left shortly afterwards - he knew he'd been rumbled).

Now it's your turn!!
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

spot;990499 wrote: Traditionally an absence of that duration is either on Her Majesty's service or at Her Majesty's pleasure. I reckon he went undercover, spying on the Scots for MI6 and sabotaging their plans for independence, but he's not allowed to talk about it.

Being half Scottish, I don't need to go undercover. I can use my own tartan (common though it is).
Odie

OM Returns

Post by Odie »

Hi OM, I am also new.............. welcome!

Life is just to short for drama.
spot

OM Returns

Post by spot »

Odie's foreign but she can't help it.
flopstock

OM Returns

Post by flopstock »

Geez louise... look who the cat dragged in!:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;990521 wrote: Hi OM, I am also new.............. welcome!

Hi, Odie.

You're also new! I hope that's no bearing on me. I've been a member here since 2005.

Anyway, you've been here since July so that makes you almost inveterate.:p:-6 I should be welcoming you. Welcome Odie to a fantastic, friendly, fu-packed and occasionally ferocious forum.:yh_hugs:yh_peace
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

flopstock;990536 wrote: Geez louise... look who the cat dragged in!:-6

Hahaha! Hi Floppy. How are ya?
Odie

OM Returns

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;990541 wrote: Hi, Odie.

You're also new! I hope that's no bearing on me. I've been a member here since 2005.

Anyway, you've been here since July so that makes you almost inveterate.:p:-6 I should be welcoming you. Welcome Odie to a fantastic, friendly, fu-packed and occasionally ferocious forum.:yh_hugs:yh_peace

you joined before me, senority ranks..................so I will respect you..........for now!:wah:

just a girl here having some fun, welcome back from wherever the hell you were!:D
Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

OM Returns

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello OM:-6

It's great to see you back in FG. We missed you and hope that all is good with you.

OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;990550 wrote: just a girl here having some fun, welcome back from wherever the hell you were!:D

"Hell.... "

That seems to knock a familiar door. More vague memories. Lying on a couch, white-coated people and bright lights shining in my face. Lots of discussions going on around me. Needles in my arm. Then... waking up in my room.

Oh dear.
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

Kathy Ellen;990552 wrote: Hello OM:-6

It's great to see you back in FG. We missed you and hope that all is good with you.

Thanks Kathy.

FG has never been that far from my thoughts because I've made so many friends here - some who I've come to meet in person which is what makes this place amazing.
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

I haven't replied to everyone yet.

Special thanks to Trunk Monkey, Accountable, and Patsy for your greatly appreciated welcomes.

And specially Carla with whom I've had some great and special conversations in the past. Hope you and your family are well, Carla. I have a bit of a family now. I shall have to share photos with you.
kazalala

OM Returns

Post by kazalala »

HI OM, im not exactly new, but we havent met before so,, nice to meetya!:D:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

kazalala;990569 wrote: HI OM, im not exactly new, but we havent met before so,, nice to meetya!:D:D

Hi, Kazalala.

Lovely to meet you. Hope you like it here.:-6
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

jimbo;990576 wrote: welcome back open mine:):)

KABOOM!!

Sorry. I pressed the "No" button.:rolleyes:
kazalala

OM Returns

Post by kazalala »

OpenMind;990572 wrote: Hi, Kazalala.

Lovely to meet you. Hope you like it here.:-6

well i have been here for around 18 months now so i guess i must:thinking:or it could be just like a routine you get used to like work or summat:D:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

kazalala;990582 wrote: well i have been here for around 18 months now so i guess i must:thinking:or it could be just like a routine you get used to like work or summat:D:wah:

Not so much a routine than a force of addiction.:wah:
Chezzie

OM Returns

Post by Chezzie »

Hi and nice to see you back amongst old and hopefully new friends..:-6

I can tell your well thought of and have a great sense of humour which i'm hoping will rub off on Jimbo:D:D

Look forward to getting to know you better:-4
SuzyB

OM Returns

Post by SuzyB »

Welcome back Mr :):-6:):-6:):-6 Have you heard the news????

We are allowed 6 smilies now!
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

SuzyB;990620 wrote: We are allowed 6 smilies now!

6!!!. Wow. I'll be blinded by the time I go to bed!!!!!:-2:rolleyes::D:guitarist:driving::wah:
Peg

OM Returns

Post by Peg »

Welcome back OM. Good to see you again. :-6
mrsK

OM Returns

Post by mrsK »

OpenMind;990465 wrote: Hi to everyone.

It has been 19 months, since I have had an internet connection. Finally, I'm back online.

I'm looking forward to interacting with you all again after a long time of forced abstinence. I hope to re-establish old aquaintances and make new friends here. And I'm glad to see that most of those that I remember are still posting here plus there are some newer posters.

I actually feel more nervous than when I first joined the forum. So, be easy with me or throw me right in at the deep end.

Hello & welcome back:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
along-for-the-ride

OM Returns

Wow----6 smilies...................I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, Suzy. We will have to come here to OM's Return Thread to find out more about the Garden.

:yh_coffee:yh_idea:yh_sigh

Sounds like you had an interesting life for those 19 months without the internet, OM. :):guitarist;)
chonsigirl

OM Returns

Post by chonsigirl »

It is good to see you. :)
cars

OM Returns

Post by cars »

Hi OM, bout time you got yourself back in here!! Welcome back! :)
Cars :)
CARLA

OM Returns

Post by CARLA »

OM everyone is doing well my daughter got married about a year and a half ago. Nikki is going on 11 I just turned 61 and life is good. I would love to see pictures of your beautiful daughter. ;)

[QUOTE]I haven't replied to everyone yet.

Special thanks to Trunk Monkey, Accountable, and Patsy for your greatly appreciated welcomes.

And specially Carla with whom I've had some great and special conversations in the past. Hope you and your family are well, Carla. I have a bit of a family now. I shall have to share photos with you.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Imladris

OM Returns

Post by Imladris »

Well, isn't that strange, I was only thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are - and now you're back!

Nice to see you back and I would also love to see some snaps of the little one. :-4
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Cow Patty

OM Returns

Post by Cow Patty »

Hello OM :-6 I've only been on here since Feb so we never had the pleasure of meeting before. WELCOME BACK!
Raven

OM Returns

Post by Raven »

OpenMind;990465 wrote: Hi to everyone.

DUDE!!! Nice to see ya! Welcome back!! XXX
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

Hi and thanks everyone.

Just got in from work. I'm overwhelmed by all the welcomes. Thanks.

I'll get a picture up soon of my daughter.:-4

XOX
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

There happened to be one picture on my PC which I have now uploaded into my album.

I shall refer to her as Eagle. Both the names we gave her, which we selected individually chose before consulting each otherhave eagle as part of the meaning of the name.

I love her to bits. I took this after chasing her round the dining room then into the kitchen of her grandparents house (I was on all fours, of course).
qsducks

OM Returns

Post by qsducks »

Hello and your knees must be hurting. Don't ask me to sew the knees on your pants.
OpenMind

OM Returns

Post by OpenMind »

qsducks;991568 wrote: Hello and your knees must be hurting. Don't ask me to sew the knees on your pants.

Hi. Don't worry. I won't ask you to sew my knees on my pants. My knees would look a bit silly then, wouldn't they?:-5:wah:

Return to “Members' News”