Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
RedGlitter

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by RedGlitter »

I am swiping this from my home forum.

It is a video of a group of little kids singing about how Obama's going to change the world. I'm interested in hearing your comments on this one. I'll keep mine for a bit later.

I'm not posting this as a slam or a praise on Obama. I'm neutral. But I think it says a lot.

valerie

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by valerie »

Hmmm... well, to me... I guess I'd like to hear them talk about it and

try and understand how they form their thoughts... because they are

only getting really what's been taught to them by their elders, in most

of the cases.

It's a nice clip, though. I like it.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Accountable

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by Accountable »

Public school?

That was definitely during the day, but I spose it could have been Sunday at a church. Somehow I doubt it.

I joined the union here as legal insurance because I'm told special ed teachers are especially vulnerable to lawsuits, and the union has lawyers for members. It was a bitter pill to swallow. Anyway, I got an email from them saying I HAD TO vote for Obama. It linked a video but I didn't access it. Lemme see if I still have the email.
RedGlitter

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by RedGlitter »

Anyway, I got an email from them saying I HAD TO vote for Obama. It linked a video but I didn't access it. Lemme see if I still have the email.

:eek: Oh yeah?! You mean seriously "have to" as in you're obligated to or they'll drop you? I'd love to see this video and email if you do find it. That is just not good.
Sheryl

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by Sheryl »

Ok I would be a bit disturbed if my kid was made to sing a song praising Obama or McCain. It's little to much like the whole "Jesus Camp" crap. Let the kids be kids, not political figures :rolleyes:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Accountable

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by Accountable »

RedGlitter;1004712 wrote: :eek: Oh yeah?! You mean seriously "have to" as in you're obligated to or they'll drop you? I'd love to see this video and email if you do find it. That is just not good.
I don't think the body said that, but any email like that is carefully worded, so they meant for people to infer it.
sunny104

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by sunny104 »

Sheryl;1004777 wrote: Ok I would be a bit disturbed if my kid was made to sing a song praising Obama or McCain. It's little to much like the whole "Jesus Camp" crap. Let the kids be kids, not political figures :rolleyes:

that's pretty much what I was thinking. :-3

my kids can make up their own minds when they're old enough to do so.
G#Gill

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by G#Gill »

You know, I must have a built in 'anti'. When adverts come on the TV that say things like 'buy now !!!! ' or 'This offer closes Monday, you have only 3 days left to buy at our special price !!' etc. etc. So I think that if I had a song thrust at me like that one, trying to get the 'Ahhhh' feeling to try to persuade me, I immediately put up my 'anti' wall. As far as I am concerned, this sort of thing just makes me dig my heels in, and regardless of whether the subject had my initial vote, or sympathy, it would turn me against it ! I just do not appreciate being told I must do this, or I must do that - with regard to voting or buying etc. If a thing is worthwhile, then it should not need the bullying factor, or the sugary smarm. It should stand on it's own merits, so that people can make their own minds up without harassment of any sort.

Gill steps down from her soap box, dusts herself down, and stomps out of the meeting !!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gone :rolleyes:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
danimal9751

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by danimal9751 »

Im a registered Democrat. And still I find this revolting. Since when do teachers have any right to have school kids sing that kind of thing. The teacher needs to be fired.
G#Gill

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by G#Gill »

Yes it does smack at brainwashing ! I doubt very much that those children understand much about the issues involved in this election. Children should not be used as political pawns - I wonder if Obama is aware of this. If he is then shame on him, if he is not, then he should do something about it, because it is doing him no good whatsoever.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Arookie

Kids Sing Obama's Praise

Post by Arookie »

I think it is sick but advertising has found using children affective in many areas. Personally, I think children should be left out of nearly all advertising.

Return to “People”