Transmitting

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
G-man

Transmitting

Post by G-man »

The Carpenters! :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

gmc

Transmitting

Post by gmc »

Only someone that believes in talking snakes getting us chucked out of paradise is going to be daft enough to take this end of days thing seriously. Thing we need to do is not allow them to con us in to fighting holy wars
gmc

Transmitting

Post by gmc »

Ian;1014930 wrote: The point is gmc is that in the consciousness of people around the world are thinking about this stuff.. whether it be religion, politics or the paranormal the terminology is remarkably the same..

Armageddon is now loosely mentioned on wall street, Religious people feel we are in the end times and are awaiting Jesus return, end of the Mayan calender, environmentalists, ufologist believe contact with with ET is imminent....

I just wonder how many people around the world are thinking this?

You can call it: alpha and omega syndrome if you like or the the beginning and the end of something.

A lot less than you think probably. Take chine for example-two thirds of the world's population don't have a judeo christian upbringing-they probably don't care. You have to want the end of the world to believe it is happening. The black death in the middle ages must have felt like the end of the world, One in five died, so must having the romans come at you or the mongols, certainly the world a you knew it changed forever, or being on the front lines in ww1 or hiding in a cellar in ww2. In the 4th and 5th centuries AD the weather changed and crops started failing-that what started the dark ages as tribes started wandering looking for new pastures and lands to conqueor. The pace of change is getting faster and faster, people don't like the old certainties being challenged that's why the religious get upset-they can't cope with people not believing as they do and are insecure enough to retreat in to hoping something bad happens to teach everybody else a lesson.

I vaguely remember the cuban missile crisis as a toddler-must have been the reaction of those around me. seriously at one point I thought nuclear was was inevitable but at least back in the cold war it wasn't a born again Christian with his finger on the button. Looking back at the records you realise Kennedy was having trouble controlling the american military. If Mccain/Palin get in maybe I'll start worrying again.

My only worry is that these nutters get in a position do something to help bring about something they think inevitable.
gmc

Transmitting

Post by gmc »

Ian;1015420 wrote: The "End Timers" are real..

You should be worried because those nutters have great position.

My only worry is that these nutters get in a position do something to help bring about something they think inevitable.

posted by iain

The "End Timers" are real..

You should be worried because those nutters have great position.

I know they are real I also know they have great position-as you put it. People with these kind of religious beliefs have managed to get political power in the past usually with dreadful results for those living anywhere near them. It's no accident you and I live in a country where such fundamentalist lunacy tends to find stony ground-same throughout most of europe. It's also no accident these kind of end of the world ideas stem largely from the middle ages-(see 100 years war and black death black death if you want to see it develop). They've been around for years and wax and waane in popularity. These kind of beliefs get hold in rural isolated areas rather than cities where the population tend to be more sophisticated and too busy and used to rapid change to be worried about imagined threats-have look at where these people have the most influence and you will see what I mean.

Yes there is cause for concern-you could put a good case for there being an unholy alliance in the US between christian fascists and the more corporate kind (which comment will no doubt get me lynched). On the other hand they have just bankrupted their country and pissed off the vast majority of their fellow citizens who will hopefully give them a good kicking at the polls. Hopefully Bush won't be able to do anything stupid before then. If McCain Palin get in I think the rest of the world will turn it's back on America in despair and we will have cause to really worry.

Christian Fundamentalist are every bit as dangerous as islamic fundamentalists, especially when they want to go to war on each other.

Have a look at god tv

http://uk.god.tv/Group/Group.aspx?id=1000010087

The more you send them the safer you are at the end of days.
gmc

Transmitting

Post by gmc »

Ian;1015903 wrote: How can there be any peace in the middle east with end time philosophy?

you know very well how important these issue are..

I really don't feel it matters who wins the election.

I don't think people care about how their religion is being manipulated, If you tell them they feel insulted, they don't understand or want to listen.

The end time philosophy is destroying hope, faith and love in mankind this is the most important issue that we face, the worst terrorist are controlling American policy..

Anybody who hasn't seen the doomsday code should watch it.

I have seen it. The thing is most people in the world do not believe this crap. Admittedly in the past we did not have the mean for mass destruction we do now and what the americans do next is going to be interesting- to put it mildly. This is primarily an american phenomenon but it is a minority of the population. Most of them do realise where all this could lead if they elect them to power. Until proven otherwise I will assume common sense will out.

Return to “People”