Hey Guys

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
strongirl56

Hey Guys

Post by strongirl56 »

I keep repeating the same mistake over and over again and I am really getting sick and tired of it. I keep wanting something to finally work out the way I want it to and yet nothing ever does. And it is at times like that that I refuse to give up. I know that it won't do me any good to keep holding on to something that might or might not ever work out. Why do I keep trying? Why do I keep trying so hard? Why can't I just give it up? Why I can't just let things be and leave everything up to fate? Why can't I stop trying? Why can't I just let things go? Why am I always stuck in this world of confusion and frustration when it comes to guys? Aside from that I'm really excited cuz I'm about to graduate in about three months and after that I am planning to continue my education, either with the MSW program or pursue another degree. I'm just trying to keep all of my attention on school and keep guys on the back burner. I know that it isn't going to be easy that it's going to be rough going, but I will try my best. I know that I will fall many times during the journey but I will pick myself up and dust myself off and keep going. Wish me luck everyone.
along-for-the-ride

Hey Guys

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I hear ya, strongirl.

Now turn your speakers up, relax for a few minutes, and enjoy this video. This has always been one of my favorites. :)

YouTube - Cast Your Fate to the Wind
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Patsy Warnick

Hey Guys

Post by Patsy Warnick »

confusion - frustration - you bring it on yourself

so, you must thrive on that way / turmoil for now..?

some kind of Rush for you..? it's OK - some get a Rush from shopping - eating - etc..

hopefully later in time things will calm down

Take Care of yourself - Congrats on graduating, you should be very Proud of yourself.

Patsy
Odie

Hey Guys

Post by Odie »

you need to keep your mind busy, study, read......go for walks each day, try an exercise program.

congratulations on your graduation!
Life is just to short for drama.
Rapunzel

Hey Guys

Post by Rapunzel »

strongirl56;1169630 wrote: I keep repeating the same mistake over and over again and I am really getting sick and tired of it.

There is a saying I came across recently that reads: If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got.

So, number 1, you need to learn from your mistakes and

Number 2, you need to be less needy. It sounds to me as if you MUST have a b/f and ANYONE will do. You might be better off putting some effort into your girl friendships and just relax and have some fun doing girl stuff. You don't need a bloke on your arm to validate you. You are a good person in your own right.

Eventually you will meet some nice chaps and find one who is right for you, but you need to choose who you will date, not just accept anyone who asks and then act like a total doormat for them - no wonder they walk all over you. You need to learn some self-respect. I suspect you have father issues in that your father was never 'there' for you and you're trying to find a replacement for him, someone who will care for you and look after you.

It's not gonna happen. It's one of life's blows. We all have to learn to stand up and be strong for ourselves. Take some time out to learn who you are and what you want from life. Put some time into your studies. Think about the qualities you would like in a man. Make friends with other men and girls and stop just looking at all men as potential partners.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but if you don't learn some self-respect you will probably end up with a handful of kids and some loser for a partner, who won't particularly care about you and then you'll be stuck for life, caught in a poverty trap, giving your kids a poor quality upbringing and wishing to God you'd made different choices when you had the chance.
along-for-the-ride

Hey Guys

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Some good advise here, strongirl. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
mikeinie

Hey Guys

Post by mikeinie »

I remember commenting on a post of yours a long time ago in response to a boyfriend issue you were having.

Based on this comment:

'I keep wanting something to finally work out the way I want it to and yet nothing ever does. And it is at times like that that I refuse to give up. I know that it won't do me any good to keep holding on to something that might or might not ever work out.'

I think that your issue is this. You try to force situations and relationships instead of just letting them happen. You cannot calculate these things or try to get them to go in a certain way so that it complies with ‘what you want’. Then the harder you try the worse it gets.

I think that when it comes to relationships you are a bit immature (no insult intended, just an observation and being honest). I agree that you should just focus on you studies, graduate and move on with you studies. Everything else will happen in time and when you relax about guys and relationships it will naturally work out. Take care of yourself first.

As sad as it is, there are guys who can sense desperation is a girl a mile away, and will either run the other direction, or even worse take advantage of it just to get down your pants.

Life is not Cosmopolitan & Vogue and all those magazines that lie to you about relationships.

Be a strong girl strongirl
Oscar Namechange

Hey Guys

Post by Oscar Namechange »

mikeinie;1171142 wrote: I remember commenting on a post of yours a long time ago in response to a boyfriend issue you were having.

Based on this comment:

'I keep wanting something to finally work out the way I want it to and yet nothing ever does. And it is at times like that that I refuse to give up. I know that it won't do me any good to keep holding on to something that might or might not ever work out.'

I think that your issue is this. You try to force situations and relationships instead of just letting them happen. You cannot calculate these things or try to get them to go in a certain way so that it complies with ‘what you want’. Then the harder you try the worse it gets.

I think that when it comes to relationships you are a bit immature (no insult intended, just an observation and being honest). I agree that you should just focus on you studies, graduate and move on with you studies. Everything else will happen in time and when you relax about guys and relationships it will naturally work out. Take care of yourself first.

As sad as it is, there are guys who can sense desperation is a girl a mile away, and will either run the other direction, or even worse take advantage of it just to get down your pants.

Life is not Cosmopolitan & Vogue and all those magazines that lie to you about relationships.

Be a strong girl strongirl Very good advice coming from a guy :wah: I agree with this.

I was married very briefly before i met Mr O. My first husband was actually shot. When i found myself alone, i was very young. I took up the first piece of attention i got and found a year later stuck with some-one i really didn't want to be with. He became very 'needy' and 'clingey'. I hated it and the more he got like it, the more i couldn't wait to get rid of him. I left him in the end because i wasn't going to be some-one's emotional prop for the rest of their life. People have to be free. You can not make some-one love you by smothering them.

When i left him, I threw myself into my work determined i was not going to bother with men for a while. I worked very long hours so i never got to nightclubs or parties etc.

I met Mr O simply because i wasn't looking or trying hard to impress. That's how you find real love..... in the most unlikely places at the time you least expect it.

Our marraige is based on freedom because marraige or a relationship does not make one the possession of another.

Mr O was in a pal's house last week and his pal turned to his wife and said 'Is it ok if i pop down to Pete's to get his drill'?. She replied 'Well don't be long'. We were horrified that one human being had to ask another for permission to leave the house. In my eyes, that's not real love..... that's about control.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
princessladedah

Hey Guys

Post by princessladedah »

Honey, life is a journey, and we are all just passing through, dont focus so much you stress and give something a life of its own.
qsducks

Hey Guys

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1171147 wrote: Very good advice coming from a guy :wah: I agree with this.

I was married very briefly before i met Mr O. My first husband was actually shot. When i found myself alone, i was very young. I took up the first piece of attention i got and found a year later stuck with some-one i really didn't want to be with. He became very 'needy' and 'clingey'. I hated it and the more he got like it, the more i couldn't wait to get rid of him. I left him in the end because i wasn't going to be some-one's emotional prop for the rest of their life. People have to be free. You can not make some-one love you by smothering them.

When i left him, I threw myself into my work determined i was not going to bother with men for a while. I worked very long hours so i never got to nightclubs or parties etc.

I met Mr O simply because i wasn't looking or trying hard to impress. That's how you find real love..... in the most unlikely places at the time you least expect it.

Our marraige is based on freedom because marraige or a relationship does not make one the possession of another.

Mr O was in a pal's house last week and his pal turned to his wife and said 'Is it ok if i pop down to Pete's to get his drill'?. She replied 'Well don't be long'. We were horrified that one human being had to ask another for permission to leave the house. In my eyes, that's not real love..... that's about control.

Ohh I know what you are saying her O...my daughter was in a relationship like the one your describing....well my good little Sagitarius daughter dumped him like yesterdays news. He was still calling her up to about a month ago and she finally after prodding from us & friends and blocked him on her cell:-5. She originally dumped him 2 yrs ago and that was after he gave her a very expensive locket...couldn't stand the constant em's & pm's on her cell! I was very proud of her as we the fam couldn't stand him.:wah: And his parents were even worse...treated my baby like garbage. Very snobby parents they were!:-5 Oh the things I could tell you.:rolleyes:
princessladedah

Hey Guys

Post by princessladedah »

Chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like fun from the inside of my padded cell:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Make sure your expectations are realistic

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”