I'm trying out anti-smoking drug

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Chantix: New stop smoking medication to help you quit - MayoClinic.com

Tomorrow, i start using pill form to help stop me smoking. Mr O and I collect our prescriptions from the Doctor tomorrow morning in a bid to quit a 60 a day habit.

I'm told there could be side affects. I'll let you know how i get on as this is some-thing i have tried for years.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1170267 wrote: Chantix: New stop smoking medication to help you quit - MayoClinic.com

Tomorrow, i start using pill form to help stop me smoking. Mr O and I collect our prescriptions from the Doctor tomorrow morning in a bid to quit a 60 a day habit.

I'm told there could be side affects. I'll let you know how i get on as this is some-thing i have tried for years.

With respect O. The side affects wont be as bad as the ones you get from a 60 a day habit.

Its nearly 13 years for me now
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1170269 wrote: With respect O. The side affects wont be as bad as the ones you get from a 60 a day habit.

Its nearly 13 years for me now 13 years....with or without??

I went through 80 two days ago.... it's got silly. Mr O and i spend £150 a week on ciggs, just so silly. I'm the only smoker in my family and when i visit, I get sent down the garden :wah:

Abbey tried hypnotherepy recently and i don't think she got on very well. They don't work straight away, it takes a couple of weeks to get them into your system.

Apparently this drug was used for depression in America and users found they had no craving for a cigg after a while.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

good luck Oscar.....2 friends of mine tried that drug....sorry but I wouldnt even try it but hope it works for you and hubby:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Oscar Namechange

kayleneaussie;1170275 wrote: good luck Oscar.....2 friends of mine tried that drug....sorry but I wouldnt even try it but hope it works for you and hubby:D Thankyou..... We've tried the nicotine patches etc but no joy. The surgery has had very good results with this drug so i'm hoping it does the trick.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

oscar;1170279 wrote: Thankyou..... We've tried the nicotine patches etc but no joy. The surgery has had very good results with this drug so i'm hoping it does the trick.

keep us up to date on your progress:)
FOC THREAD PART 1
abbey

Post by abbey »

I've tried champix (varenicline)and I had to stop as they made me extremely nauseous 24/7.

Good luck, I hope it works for you. :-6
Oscar Namechange

abbey;1170305 wrote: I've tried champix (varenicline)and I had to stop as they made me extremely nauseous 24/7.

Good luck, I hope it works for you. :-6 Thanks. Yes, the nurse did warn of nausea but she said it passes quickly. I'll find out tomorrow :wah:

If i'm not posting, i'll be in the toilet doing a Hughie Green.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

oscar;1170279 wrote: Thankyou..... We've tried the nicotine patches etc but no joy. The surgery has had very good results with this drug so i'm hoping it does the trick.

ya not ment to smoke the patches
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Oscar Namechange

el guapo;1170318 wrote: ya not ment to smoke the patches So that's where i went wrong :wah::wah:
Oscar Namechange

el guapo;1170318 wrote: ya not ment to smoke the patches The only thing that worried me in my trial was going four days for 6 hours a day with no fags. One day, i came over faint and my Lawyer asked if it was because i was worried. I said 'No, I got 8 ciggerette patches on' :yh_rotfl I rolled up my sleeves and showed him. :yh_rotfl
Daniyal

Post by Daniyal »

oscar;1170267 wrote: Chantix: New stop smoking medication to help you quit - MayoClinic.com

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:yh_shame:yh_silent:yh_pray
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Peg

Post by Peg »

I'm anxious to see how they work for you two. One customer of mine couldn't quit throwing up when she took them. The other, he quit taking them after a couple of weeks and hasn't smoked for months now. He had dreams that were so vivid, he couldn't figure out what was a dream and what really happened. He woke one morning with a gun in his hand and had no idea why.
Oscar Namechange

Peg;1170347 wrote: I'm anxious to see how they work for you two. One customer of mine couldn't quit throwing up when she took them. The other, he quit taking them after a couple of weeks and hasn't smoked for months now. He had dreams that were so vivid, he couldn't figure out what was a dream and what really happened. He woke one morning with a gun in his hand and had no idea why. I took my first pill with food about two hours ago........ no sickness yet but i do want to murder my neighbour:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Return to “General Chit Chat”