Nomad Has A Question Please

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Are search engine optimizers a worthwhile expense ?

30 bucks for 2 yrs. They claim they optimize your websites visibility and rankings with search engines.

Thank you,

Nomad
I AM AWESOME MAN
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I'm probrbly not the right person to answer but.....

I do believe they increase your profile. Its not really worth being on page 450,675 but pages 1 - 10 would be pretty good. Page 1 even better. Not sure how thats achieved though. Optimising the keywords for a search.

All right, I'll shut up now
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nomad;1180386 wrote: Are search engine optimizers a worthwhile expense ?

30 bucks for 2 yrs. They claim they optimize your websites visibility and rankings with search engines.

Thank you,

Nomad

Looking at Spot's comments over the years (as he does not appear to be around to comment) it looks to be mostly spammers posting excerpts to be picked up by the optimisers in their scans - either ineffective or objectionable?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Bryn Mawr;1180394 wrote: Looking at Spot's comments over the years (as he does not appear to be around to comment) it looks to be mostly spammers posting excerpts to be picked up by the optimisers in their scans - either ineffective or objectionable?

Ive read about white and black optimizers, black being the spammers.

Thanks guys.
I AM AWESOME MAN
G-man

Post by G-man »

There are plenty of folks out there in cyberland making plenty of money on the internet, unfortunately many of them are taking advantage of less knowledgable folks. The best way to get noticed with search engines is to simply develop a quality website. The SEO rules and algorithms are constantly in flux, but if you develop a quality site chock full of relative information and don't try and cheat to get a high ranking you will rank well eventually.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “Web Design Art Forum”