xbox or ps2 ??

anastrophe

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by anastrophe »

well, i own an xbox, and i'm pretty happy with it. however, xbox has never taken off, i don't know what the sales figures are, but it doesn't hold a candle to ps/2. and all i have to do is look at my weekly bestbuy ad to see that xbox is fading slowly but surely. the game selection is a fraction of what other consoles have.

there's rumors that the next generation xbox may never see the light of day.

as long as halo2 comes out i'll be happy. :D
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by anastrophe »

as a gaming platform - all other things being equal - the Xbox is definitely a very fine console. I play in 'hi-def' on a 73 inch screen, and the frame rates and detail are excellent, considering the relatively low horsepower of the xbox graphics backend. it's quite amazing really.
anastrophe

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by anastrophe »

supposedly there will be an xbox 2, but there are rumors it'll be scratched, due to the poor sales of the xbox. microsoft has lost money on the xbox since day one, and have never turned a profit on it - they lose money on each and every xbox they sell.

it was just announced recently they there won't be any more sports title produced for the xbox.

the gaming console is a great idea, and i've enjoyed the ones i've owned (nintendo 64 years ago and the xbox now), but with the pace of technology, it's kind of a losing proposition anyway. what's really needed is a game console with a modular 'brain' - cpu and gpu in a replaceable module. why replace the cords and cables and power supply and controllers etc when they don't change - just the cpu and gpu change....
mysticlore

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by mysticlore »

I agree with the pro ps2 people for the fact that ps2 have a much wider variety of games than xbox...but you have to realise ps people have been making games for the psone for years so there was already a wide market for when ps2 came out....microsoft had to realy start from scratch with their console games...I LOVE the x-box....that was the first time i went online...you cant beat xbox if you like your FPS's....thats where the 360 will excell...but i agree with the rest of you...will it be enough to stop it sinking?
Alfred

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by Alfred »

Xbox didn't start from scratch, they bought most of the rights to publish games that are found on PS2, Halo was origional and its all i ever hear about.

i swear Xbox is just ment for Halo sometimes.

but i'm a PS2 fan so i might be a tiny bit biased.
mysticlore

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by mysticlore »

lol...i have this same discusion with my mates who are all ps2 fans...i'm the only one out of us who gives the xbox any cred...but yea the lack of titles do suck...thats why i got a pc ..i needed a good online rpg game...but xbox dont really do them.
Alfred

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by Alfred »

i'd say its because RPG's just take too mch effort.

and i guess they couldn't get Final Fantasy on Xbox.
mysticlore

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by mysticlore »

there was rumour that the 360 will include online titles such as Star Wars battle front and such....heard that mid year...not heard nothing since though...might be worth checking the nett out for up coming releases....Or S.W galaxies ...cant remember which it was...gonna be a couple so i heard.
Alfred

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by Alfred »

i got i whole list of games i wanna get and play online...but i got no money just now.
Galbally

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by Galbally »

I bought a PS2 about 4 months ago, one of the new small ones, its great, unfortunatly I had forgotten that I am monumentally bored of video games so if anyone wants to buy it, its all yours. I have Gran Turismo 4, European Assault, and some other games that they gave me with it.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Alfred

xbox or ps2 ??

Post by Alfred »

i was getting bored of it until i started online gaming.

Return to “The Gaming Zone - PC Console”