Dream meanings

Discuss alternative healing (Yoga, Reflexology) and self-help type books for the mind and thoughts for the soul.
anastrophe

Dream meanings

Post by anastrophe »

sorry, this has all the earmarks of being forum spam. 'email your dreams to suchandsuch'? nice way to harvest email addresses.

sorry, not buying it.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
minks

Dream meanings

Post by minks »

anastrophe wrote: sorry, this has all the earmarks of being forum spam. 'email your dreams to suchandsuch'? nice way to harvest email addresses.

sorry, not buying it.

Bravo for watchin out for us A :)
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
rainbowsmiles

Dream meanings

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Aw, and here I thought I was actually coming into a thread about Dream analysis :( If anyone is still interested in talking about dream interpretation I'd love to chat. I'm interested in it. I recently picked up a book on dream interpretation by Tony Crisp - not that I'm buying his view of what my dreams mean but it is fun to pick through his meanings.
curimind

Dream meanings

Post by curimind »

Water has lots of various meanings. it depends on what the water looks like and what it was doing and if you were in the water or not, that can affect the meaning. i have a few books about dreams, I like to look up various meanings. There are some good sites for it on the internet. You can just google some.

Does anyone know how to control their dreams?
cherandbuster

Dream meanings

Post by cherandbuster »

curimind wrote: Does anyone know how to control their dreams?

Curimind

Funny you should ask

We just had another thread on dreaming and a few of us talked about lucid dreaming.

Wish I could find the thread for you . . .
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Uncle Kram

Dream meanings

Post by Uncle Kram »

I'm still having that dream where a rabbit is trying to claim my prize in a raffle :o

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
curimind

Dream meanings

Post by curimind »

I went back and read the thread...thanks:)

UK maybe you are watching to much alice and wonderland
rainbowsmiles

Dream meanings

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Does anyone know how to control their dreams?

Sometimes I can control them. If I can realize I'm dreaming then I have total control (which is so much fun) but otherwise I have no control. I read recently that you have the most control of your dreams or have the ability to realize your dreaming when your coming out REM and are near waking. Not sure if it is true - it was a study done by a dream clinic. When your in a deep sleep is when they claim you cannot take control.

I have found that when my dreams are very vivid, they always come true.
Bronwen

Dream meanings

Post by Bronwen »

curimind wrote: Does anyone know how to control their dreams?Google "lucent dreaming"
rainbowsmiles

Dream meanings

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Here is something I scanned on dreams. Its just for fun for those who are interested:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

annie58

Dream meanings

Post by annie58 »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I used to belong to the Holistic Shop forum and tentatively started doing dream interpretations on there. The forum disbanded but I would like to carry this on if everyone will let me. I still use a book and then give you my interpretation so if anyone is interested in getting one done please don't hesitate to contact me. :)
booradley

Dream meanings

Post by booradley »

I dream repeatedly that I'm swimming underwater...I'm not too cold or too hot and I feel so relaxed looking at the fishes and coral...I don't need to breathe, must have gills or summit, and I just generally feel at peace and happy. Now I looked this up and it is supposed to mean that I am emotionally stable / will be successful in business / will always struggle to make the right choice...according to which site I'm using...

I happen to think dreams are just random firing of the synapses with no great meaning behind them
booradley

Dream meanings

Post by booradley »

but would you have had that dream without Richard Hammond's accident? It's just your brain filtering rubbish..

I don't like the ones where I wake up panicking though. They're usually to do with my kids and I have to go and poke them before I can doze off again:rolleyes:
guppy

Dream meanings

Post by guppy »

i always have goofy dreams. like one night i dreamed i was trying to get the last olive out of a skinny little jar. the fork i had was too short and i could not figure it out. after several minutes of this, somebody walked by and turned the jar over and dumped the olive in my hand. i was like, AHA!!! why didn't i think of that?.................:rolleyes:
guppy

Dream meanings

Post by guppy »

sorry Pinky, i inserted my stuff in the middle of your convo. oops...............:lips:
booradley

Dream meanings

Post by booradley »

guppy wrote: i always have goofy dreams. like one night i dreamed i was trying to get the last olive out of a skinny little jar. the fork i had was too short and i could not figure it out. after several minutes of this, somebody walked by and turned the jar over and dumped the olive in my hand. i was like, AHA!!! why didn't i think of that?.................:rolleyes:
but Guppy..olives?...eewwww!
weber

Dream meanings

Post by weber »

booradley wrote: I dream repeatedly that I'm swimming underwater...I'm not too cold or too hot and I feel so relaxed looking at the fishes and coral...I don't need to breathe, must have gills or summit, and I just generally feel at peace and happy. Now I looked this up and it is supposed to mean that I am emotionally stable / will be successful in business / will always struggle to make the right choice...according to which site I'm using...

I happen to think dreams are just random firing of the synapses with no great meaning behind them

Sometimes they are random firing of snippits from our daily life. Sometimes they have real deep down meaning that when realized for what they are, they can help a person. I used to, no more, have a recurring dream of running through a field of daisies. No end to them....just running, no end. Going into a house going upstairs(separate dream)into a closet and falling down the laundry chute, always in the chute, always falling, never reaching bottom. Can't remember the other one...similar. They were telling me of my lack of control over my life. When I began to control my life, the dreams stopped.
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?

Return to “Body, Mind, Soul”