Snow Down Under

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
AussiePam

Snow Down Under

Post by AussiePam »

Here's a few photos from the Perisher/ Mount Blue Cow area of New South Wales, Australia. Snow gums rock - (and it's best to ski round them!!). Regional critters include many small kinds of marsupials, rabbits, kangaroos, wild horses called brumbies and birds, especially ravens.

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

fuzzywuzzy

Snow Down Under

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ater the storms we've just had it wouldn't surprise me if Baw Baw and Hotham are under a thick blanket of the fine white stuff.
AussiePam

Snow Down Under

Post by AussiePam »

I was in and out of blizzards and whiteouts, Fuzzy. Perisher fortunately has associated ski areas facing lots of different directions, so while one area had nil visibility and high winds, another was in sheltered sunshine. Go figger. You had to know the mountain, or be in the company of people who did. :sneaky:

Odie

Snow Down Under

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1224151 wrote: Here's a few photos from the Perisher/ Mount Blue Cow area of New South Wales, Australia. Snow gums rock - (and it's best to ski round them!!). Regional critters include many small kinds of marsupials, rabbits, kangaroos, wild horses called brumbies and birds, especially ravens.

HI and welcome back!

stunning pics Pam, are you in one of them?
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Snow Down Under

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, such pretty pictures of the snow!
Kathy Ellen

Snow Down Under

Post by Kathy Ellen »

(((((Pam))))):-4

Welcome home.....Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I never saw a gum tree before. Is this where you sit...high up on the top branch tossing gum balls at everyone:wah:

Who are the hotties skiing.....You always manage to find the stud muffins:yh_rotfl

Wow, good on Mic...is he coming home for good or for awhile? How's our little wee man:-4 Any new pics;)
Odie

Snow Down Under

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1224215 wrote: (((((Pam))))):-4

Welcome home.....Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I never saw a gum thee before. Is this where you sit...high up on the top branch tossing gum balls at everyone:wah:

Who are the hotties skiing.....You always manage to find the stud muffins:yh_rotfl

Wow, good on Mic...is he coming home for good or for awhile? How's our little wee man:-4 Any new pics;)

the one on our right is hot!:guitarist:guitarist
along-for-the-ride

Snow Down Under

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Thanks for sharing your photos, Aussie Pam. They are great.

Hard to believe that there is a winter now somewhere. :wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

Snow Down Under

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Lovely pics Pam....... I'm so jealous of your homeland.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

Snow Down Under

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Yep looks like BAW BAw did anyway.

http://ski.com.au/snowcams/australia/vi ... index.html

Sorry pam forgot to mention your pics. Gums are gorgeous in snow aren't they?:-6
AussiePam

Snow Down Under

Post by AussiePam »

Kathy Ellen;1224215 wrote: (((((Pam))))):-4

Welcome home.....Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I never saw a gum tree before. Is this where you sit...high up on the top branch tossing gum balls at everyone:wah:

Hi again Fuzzy, and Kathy, Odie, AFTR, Oscar, Chonsi!!! And thanks for the welcome back. I'm just about to start reorganising this apartment to take one more person. I've sorted out one bit of floor beside the balcony which could take a borrowed mattress, and another bit behind the piano (which belongs to Mik anyway - he's left a string of pianos in many countries!) where he can stash his stuff. I'm so excited!!

These snow gums, Kathy, have long thinner more needle style leaves so the weight of snow doesn't break the branches. They are beautiful. I like skiing among firs, pines, spruce too - it's a different feel. Because of the winds etc up high they tend to be more sprawly than other gums, therefore less satisfying to climb and pelt the world with gum nuts from.. grin...

Because my husband doesn't ski (born in the snow, went to school and work in the snow, doesn't "recreate" in the snow!!) I stay in a place where I know many regular skiers and we formed a ski group. Divided it into three - the caffe lattes, the diet cokes and the red bulls. Depending on how mellow we wanted to be. Do I need to tell anyone which group I was in????

I am red bull - hear me roarrrrrrr.... or moo, maybe. Must say I skied around humming 'Cows with Guns'!!

YouTube - Cows with guns

Um, anyway - we had a group of seven, four hunky blokes - including the chief red bull in red in the pic, and three evil women. :sneaky:

I have no idea whether Mik intends to stay on here permanently - he's still got his film company in London - but I think he does want to regroup a bit, see friends and family....

As for the little one - he's back at school, got to join a bunch of classmates planting trees the other day, and still talks of seeing the new baby elephant in the Sydney zoo.

Odie

Snow Down Under

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1224275 wrote: Hi again Fuzzy, and Kathy, Odie, AFTR, Oscar, Chonsi!!! And thanks for the welcome back. I'm just about to start reorganising this apartment to take one more person. I've sorted out one bit of floor beside the balcony which could take a borrowed mattress, and another bit behind the piano (which belongs to Mik anyway - he's left a string of pianos in many countries!) where he can stash his stuff. I'm so excited!!

These snow gums, Kathy, have long thinner more needle style leaves so the weight of snow doesn't break the branches. They are beautiful. I like skiing among firs, pines, spruce too - it's a different feel. Because of the winds etc up high they tend to be more sprawly than other gums, therefore less satisfying to climb and pelt the world with gum nuts from.. grin...

Because my husband doesn't ski (born in the snow, went to school and work in the snow, doesn't "recreate" in the snow!!) I stay in a place where I know many regular skiers and we formed a ski group. Divided it into three - the caffe lattes, the diet cokes and the red bulls. Depending on how mellow we wanted to be. Do I need to tell anyone which group I was in????

I am red bull - hear me roarrrrrrr.... or moo, maybe. Must say I skied around humming 'Cows with Guns'!!

YouTube - Cows with guns

Um, anyway - we had a group of seven, four hunky blokes - including the chief red bull in red in the pic, and three evil women. :sneaky:

I have no idea whether Mik intends to stay on here permanently - he's still got his film company in London - but I think he does want to regroup a bit, see friends and family....

As for the little one - he's back at school, got to join a bunch of classmates planting trees the other day, and still talks of seeing the new baby elephant in the Sydney zoo.

It must be a stunning feeling gliding down those slopes and forming groups was an awesome idea Redbull!
AussiePam

Snow Down Under

Post by AussiePam »

:sneaky:

Attached files

Nomad

Snow Down Under

Post by Nomad »

chonsigirl;1224214 wrote: Oh, such pretty pictures of the snow!

Easy now. Next month is September. Lets not rush things.
I AM AWESOME MAN
fuzzywuzzy

Snow Down Under

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Keehan is off to Baw Baw in a couple of weeks with school . i showed him your pics and he is now getting very excited.:D
AussiePam

Snow Down Under

Post by AussiePam »

Odie;1224283 wrote: It must be a stunning feeling gliding down those slopes and forming groups was an awesome idea Redbull!

I hope Keehan has a great time, Fuzzy.

Odie - I love snow. The smell of it, the muffled sounds, the crunch underfoot of the fresh flakes in the morning, the tiny footprints, my frozen nose :sneaky:

I'd like to think I glide elegantly like a stylish goddess.. hee hee - but heck, red bull mode is all high energy thrust and moider and mayhem - accompanied by wicked lusty song. :D

Return to “Travel Vacation”