Why are the homeless still being attacked for being homeless?

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

News

I thought the death of this man was one Isolated incident but my research tells me this is some-thing the homeless face every day and night on the streets. I don't understand why they become victems. Can any-one tell me?

Can the Government do more for them and if so...... WHAT?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Barman

Post by Barman »

Easy targets for cowardly bullies thugs and arseholes is my guess.

I expect they are weak enough living on the streets without proper nourishment for these cowards to take advantage of.:mad:
Oops

Post by Oops »

Easy targets i guess :confused:

This is horrible, how ashamed their parents must be :mad:
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear ~Winnie the Pooh~
Oscar Namechange

Oops;1228254 wrote: Easy targets i guess :confused:

This is horrible, how ashamed their parents must be :mad: Yes, they must be. :-1
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Barman;1228253 wrote: Easy targets for cowardly bullies thugs and arseholes is my guess.

I expect they are weak enough living on the streets without proper nourishment for these cowards to take advantage of.:mad:
The majority of these attacks as in the case I highlighted are carried out by children. That's what I don't get also.
Barman

Post by Barman »

oscar;1228258 wrote: The majority of these attacks as in the case I highlighted are carried out by children. That's what I don't get also.

Thank f*&^%$ i aint getting any younger, sick tossing world seems to get worse by the hour.
Oscar Namechange

Barman;1228261 wrote: Thank f*&^%$ i aint getting any younger, sick tossing world seems to get worse by the hour.
Due to this murder, I have been amking enquireys into a scheme we have in my parts where volunteers cruise the City Centre just checking on the regulars sleeping in door-ways. It's just some-thing we want to do right now although It's too late for that guy. I think It's a great scheme and hope all area's adopt similar.
Oops

Post by Oops »

Barman;1228261 wrote: Thank f*&^%$ i aint getting any younger, sick tossing world seems to get worse by the hour.

That is the main reason i dont want any children. I'd be absolutely petrified that i had a child who turned out to be a complete monster.
If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear ~Winnie the Pooh~
Oops

Post by Oops »

oscar;1228266 wrote: Due to this murder, I have been amking enquireys into a scheme we have in my parts where volunteers cruise the City Centre just checking on the regulars sleeping in door-ways. It's just some-thing we want to do right now although It's too late for that guy. I think It's a great scheme and hope all area's adopt similar.

Thats an excellent idea!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

People have the wrong image of them and why they are homeless.

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

oscar;1228250 wrote: News

I thought the death of this man was one Isolated incident but my research tells me this is some-thing the homeless face every day and night on the streets. I don't understand why they become victems. Can any-one tell me?

Can the Government do more for them and if so...... WHAT?

I hate that Oscy. I believe (and it's only my opinion about my country. ) There was a massive restructure of all the mental health systems infrastructure. (Basically they closed them all down) Now considering most on the streets are "at risk" persons is it no wonder they can't look after themselves adn are more likely to be arrested and shot by police? Sadly this kis the case here. Once a upon a time people who weren't coping were put into asylums, looney bins, institutions, and taken care of. Now they are just outpatients connected to community service centres. And the government can't understand why these people can't keep to appointment times etc. it's pathetic. these people are lost in the system and the government couldn't give two hoots about them. Bring back the large institutions, they are not prisons but homes for these people . We are not like the old days anymore , we have proper caring poeple to look after them . It would also create a mountain of jobs for skilled and unskilled workers.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Working illegal aliens are also targets. They bring home almost their entire paychecks, cash them, don't have a bank accounts and are illegal and scared.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

fuzzywuzzy;1228387 wrote: I hate that Oscy. I believe (and it's only my opinion about my country. ) There was a massive restructure of all the mental health systems infrastructure. (Basically they closed them all down) Now considering most on the streets are "at risk" persons is it no wonder they can't look after themselves adn are more likely to be arrested and shot by police? Sadly this kis the case here. Once a upon a time people who weren't coping were put into asylums, looney bins, institutions, and taken care of. Now they are just outpatients connected to community service centres. And the government can't understand why these people can't keep to appointment times etc. it's pathetic. these people are lost in the system and the government couldn't give two hoots about them. Bring back the large institutions, they are not prisons but homes for these people . We are not like the old days anymore , we have proper caring poeple to look after them . It would also create a mountain of jobs for skilled and unskilled workers. A good point. The government instigated 'release into the community' where vulnerable were left to their own devices to save money on care and re-habilitation. Now, it needs such schemes as the one I spoke of earlier to ensure their saftey by volunteer's. :mad:
Oscar Namechange

along-for-the-ride;1228410 wrote: Working illegal aliens are also targets. They bring home almost their entire paychecks, cash them, don't have a bank accounts and are illegal and scared.
Yes, some of ours are robbed of what very little they have. :mad:

Return to “Current Political Events”