Missing Georgia Woman

Discuss missing adults, unsolved or suspicious deaths, unidentified persons, and more.
Peg

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by Peg »

BLAIRSVILLE, Ga. — Hundreds of people are searching for a woman missing since Tuesday who authorities say may have been abducted.

Kristi Cornwell was last seen walking along a north Georgia road and talking to her boyfriend. Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead says the boyfriend heard a "struggle" and called 911.

He said "the belief is it was a kidnapping and she is in danger."

Bankhead said investigators have interviewed her friends, scoured bank and phone records and conducted road checks. He said police have also interviewed all registered sex offenders in the area.

Several hundred people, including authorities from nearby police departments, are combing the north Georgia woods for the 38-year-old.

Bankhead said authorities are following a few leads but "we don't know if anything's promising."

Link

Attached files
OpenMind

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by OpenMind »

Is it me? I find the article is rather vague. It makes me feel suspicious of the 'boyfriend'.
Peg

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by Peg »

I thought the same thing. Surely they are checking cellphone records.
OpenMind

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by OpenMind »

Peg;1230543 wrote: I thought the same thing. Surely they are checking cellphone records.

Unless they're holding back information on purpose.
almostfamous

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by almostfamous »

Peg;1230407 wrote: BLAIRSVILLE, Ga. — Hundreds of people are searching for a woman missing since Tuesday who authorities say may have been abducted.

Kristi Cornwell was last seen walking along a north Georgia road and talking to her boyfriend. Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead says the boyfriend heard a "struggle" and called 911.

He said "the belief is it was a kidnapping and she is in danger."

Bankhead said investigators have interviewed her friends, scoured bank and phone records and conducted road checks. He said police have also interviewed all registered sex offenders in the area.

Several hundred people, including authorities from nearby police departments, are combing the north Georgia woods for the 38-year-old.

Bankhead said authorities are following a few leads but "we don't know if anything's promising."

Link

He "heard" a struggle?? what the heck :thinking:
Peg

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by Peg »

She's still missing. :(

As of Tuesday, there were 421 women over the age of 18 missing in Georgia, according to GBI spokesman John Bankhead. The majority of the cases have turned “cold,” leaving investigators and families at a standstill.
Link

I find this shocking.
Nomad

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by Nomad »

I dont have the article but some girl that was kidnapped at age 11 turned up. Shes 29 now. She was held captive and the freak impregnated her twice. The freak had a Mrs and they were both in on it.

Oh, also the freak had previously been in prison for kidnapping and rape. He did 11 years.

I dont know how you hide someone for 18 years but the girls head must have gotten pretty ****ed up by the freak.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by Peg »

Here's a link about that story Nomad.
hoppy

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by hoppy »

It all boils down to one thing. We are responsible for our own protection. I respect the police but they usually always show up after the crime. We are on our own out here. And what pi$$es me off to no end, governments increasingly outlaw any most effective means of defense. They have body guards. We have nothing. Shows what governments think of their citizens.
Peg

Missing Georgia Woman

Post by Peg »

I can't find any updates. People just do not disappear off the face of the earth. :(

Return to “Missing Adults”