Amazing

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
buttercup

Amazing

Post by buttercup »

Many, many years ago during some fall out my Granny and Grandad's wedding photo got ripped in half.

I had it re-done.......... Its amazing what can be done now. They have both been dead a long time, pity they never got to see it.

Attached files
spot

Amazing

Post by spot »

It looks like it's hand-coloured rather than faded, buttercup. You have the original, what do you reckon?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
buttercup

Amazing

Post by buttercup »

I got a few versions, here's another(its better i think). Must admit there is something about the original that's just special but its so nice to see what it may have looked like fresh.

My Granny and Grandad raised us, they done a good job, i miss them :-4

Attached files
spot

Amazing

Post by spot »

I think you should give us what you know of the history of Jessie, Alex, Betty and Walter now that we have the photo to start us off. You could take them one at a time.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
buttercup

Amazing

Post by buttercup »

I'd love to one day, maybe after a few glasses of wine one Friday night ;)
dubs

Amazing

Post by dubs »

I like doing stuff like that. Not professionally, purely as a hobby though. I've had some decent results over the years...Nice pic Buttercup.

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Odie

Amazing

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1240103 wrote: Many, many years ago during some fall out my Granny and Grandad's wedding photo got ripped in half.

I had it re-done.......... Its amazing what can be done now. They have both been dead a long time, pity they never got to see it.

they can do anything nowadays with pictures, it turned out spectular!
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

Amazing

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Thank you for sharing with us, Buttercup. :) I enjoy photographs like that.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

Amazing

Post by Oscar Namechange »

buttercup;1240106 wrote: I got a few versions, here's another(its better i think). Must admit there is something about the original that's just special but its so nice to see what it may have looked like fresh.

My Granny and Grandad raised us, they done a good job, i miss them :-4 That's wonderful BC and lovely to see.

I myself have had some lovely pics retouched and enlarged. It's a great thing to do to carry on the family memories. :-6

My favourite is of my father strolling along Brighton Palace Pier in 1936 in his Trilby.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
buttercup

Amazing

Post by buttercup »

oscar;1240402 wrote: That's wonderful BC and lovely to see.

I myself have had some lovely pics retouched and enlarged. It's a great thing to do to carry on the family memories. :-6

My favourite is of my father strolling along Brighton Palace Pier in 1936 in his Trilby.

Would you like to post it? I'd very much like to see it.
Peg

Amazing

Post by Peg »

They did an awesome job.
Oscar Namechange

Amazing

buttercup;1240425 wrote: Would you like to post it? I'd very much like to see it. Thanks... I'll dig it out... we've had everything stored for a couple of years and only just beginning to get things out again now all the work in the house is virtually done. It's very special to me. He was 6ft 4 inches, my father and in the 30's, he was so handsome and it's a lovely pic on a sunny day of him strolling on the pier. Some-where he would take me as a child as well :-6:-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Amazing

buttercup;1240103 wrote: Many, many years ago during some fall out my Granny and Grandad's wedding photo got ripped in half.

Do you know? I look at pics from these times and I yearn to have lived then. Life seemed so much more simpler, less greedy, more caring......... ahhh well. :(

Return to “Photography More”