need advice

Come here to get informal advice on your pet's health, behavior issues, diet, and more.
nvalleyvee

need advice

Post by nvalleyvee »

My 16.5 year old dog is suffering from arthritis and cataracs and loss of hearing. DUH!!! The vet solution for the arthritis is rymadil at $22.00 every 2 weeks. I asked about low dose aspirin and he said NO. He said the aspirin would hurt her liver. Since Robert and I cannot afford the rymadil, Robert started giving her low dose aspirin. She has become the alpha dog again!!! She is starting to rule the roost and sorry to say the other much younger dogs are having to give respect again. LOL Maybe the aspirin will kill her but at least she'll go out happy.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
CARLA

need advice

Post by CARLA »

Low dose aspirin seems to be just what she need. There are side effects with rymadil probably more harmful then the aspirin would ever be. If its working for her arthritis then good for her. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

need advice

Post by Odie »

nvalleyvee;1240175 wrote: My 16.5 year old dog is suffering from arthritis and cataracs and loss of hearing. DUH!!! The vet solution for the arthritis is rymadil at $22.00 every 2 weeks. I asked about low dose aspirin and he said NO. He said the aspirin would hurt her liver. Since Robert and I cannot afford the rymadil, Robert started giving her low dose aspirin. She has become the alpha dog again!!! She is starting to rule the roost and sorry to say the other much younger dogs are having to give respect again. LOL Maybe the aspirin will kill her but at least she'll go out happy.

Fabulous idea! It may have just been what she needed!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Pet Advice Support”