Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy

gmc

Post by gmc »

Just seen an advert for a new film version of the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy. Had no idea they were doing a remake, great stuff. Still has rhe best answer for the meaning of life and all that I have come across.
Jives

Post by Jives »

yeah, I thought there'd be a few people here who'd get excited about this. It looks pretty high budget, too! :cool:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

ive never read the books but i know they are meant to brilliant

not sure they are the kind of books i could get into tho...... can someone explain them to me?
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by pink princess

ive never read the books but i know they are meant to brilliant

not sure they are the kind of books i could get into tho...... can someone explain them to me?

It was originally a radio play that became a cult classic, I would recommend you get hold of one of the tapes and listen while driving or something. It's the kind of thing you either like or just can't get in to. Basically it starts off with the earth being demolished to make way for a hyper spaceway. I wouldn't attempt to explain further you have to listen. If you like red dwarf you will like this
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

ok so ive bought the book now

loved the arthur dent and digger bit!!

not got much further than that yet though....

someone just set some kind of bomb off though, a vogon i think (im getting muddled with it already!)
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

pink princess

Post by pink princess »

thought this might of interest to someone out there :-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/FrontPage

havent had a chance to look in much detail myself - sorry
life is what you make it

babygirl

Post by babygirl »

Hey guys i have just watched the film it was cool i enjoyed it everyone should watch it :-6
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

Hawke

Post by Hawke »

The movie was a fair rendition of the book; I'd say that it jived with the book about 80%. The subtractions from and additions to the primary plot were well-chosen and in keeping with the spirit of the story.
spot

Post by spot »

That's encouraging, I've assumed it would be a mess. OK, I'll go and see.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Tan

Post by Tan »

I cant wait to see it!
Tan
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by flouncey

Stephen Fry is in the film isn't he? I like him

Not sure if I will go and see it though as I'm not really into sci-fi.

Not just Sci fi, it's also satire.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”