Ping Question

flopstock

Ping Question

Post by flopstock »

Trying to set up auto posting for reporters and have no problems from outlook express, however - outlook 2003 and aol are wrapping the urls and breaking the link when it tries to place the posted link to the sites.

What to do....?:confused:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Ping Question

Post by CARLA »

When composing the email place angle brackets around the link This will force the email editor to read everything in between the as one line ....if there are no spaces. It may put it on 2 line but the link won't be broken. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

flopstock

Ping Question

Post by flopstock »

CARLA;1263228 wrote: When composing the email place angle brackets around the link This will force the email editor to read everything in between the as one line ....if there are no spaces. It may put it on 2 line but the link won't be broken. ;)

Okay, where did you come up with that??????? and don't even think of telling me ping has a help section....:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I'll try it in the morning.:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Ping Question

Post by CARLA »

Yep PING has a help section. :yh_rotfl

is used for links all the time check any youtube embedded link.

example:

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

flopstock

Ping Question

Post by flopstock »

okay - it didn't work:-1

CARLA

Ping Question

Post by CARLA »

Bummer no spaces any where in the line inside the brackets? can you give a partial example of what your trying to do?

I see Mr. Spot is about hopefully he can shed some light on the problem. :)

how about a broken link checker there are some free ones out there.

site might help

http://www.dead-links.com/faq.php

http://www.dead-links.com/query-strings.php
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

spot

Ping Question

Post by spot »

How about Outlook 2003 Email Plain Text Line Wrap 72 Characters Problem « Alistair Miles then. Certainly the fix needs to be in Outlook, what's in the message is fine. I agree with the angle brackets bit but Outlook's interfering too much, by the sound of it, for that to have the needed effect.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

Ping Question

Post by flopstock »

spot;1263331 wrote: How about Outlook 2003 Email Plain Text Line Wrap 72 Characters Problem « Alistair Miles then. Certainly the fix needs to be in Outlook, what's in the message is fine. I agree with the angle brackets bit but Outlook's interfering too much, by the sound of it, for that to have the needed effect.

Tried it, but no go. I unchecked the international setting the guy suggested and got the same result.

Isn't ping a microsoft product?:rolleyes:

Return to “Computers Internet”