'Lost Boys' actor Corey Haim dead in Calif. at 38

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

LOS ANGELES – Corey Haim, a 1980s teen heartthrob whose career was blighted by drug abuse, has died. He was 38.

Haim died early Wednesday at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, Los Angeles County coroner's Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said.

"As he got out of bed, he felt a little weak and went down to the floor on his knees," Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said. His mother called paramedics.

An autopsy will determine Haim's cause of death. There was no evidence of foul play, police Sgt. Michael Kammert said.

Haim, who gained attention for his roles in "Lucas" and "The Lost Boys," had flulike symptoms before he died and was getting over-the-counter and prescription medications, police Sgt. William Mann said.

"He could have succumbed to whatever (illness) he had or it could have been drugs," Mann said. "He has had a drug problem in the past."

Story Link: 'Lost Boys' actor Corey Haim dead in Calif. at 38 - Yahoo! News
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Shame... One of favourite films.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

watched it on the news tonight, shame a lot of celebs need drugs.:rolleyes:

such a waste of a life.
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

One more to die of drug abuse, so sad:(
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Are we jumping to conclusions, again?

I know I did, but then I read up on what happened to Ledger.

Could have been something else.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1295930 wrote: watched it on the news tonight, shame a lot of celebs need drugs.:rolleyes:

such a waste of a life.southern yankee;1295931 wrote: One more to die of drug abuse, so sad:(

Who wouldn't agree making illegal drugs cheaper and legal would be the equivalent to "...shame a lot of celebs need drugs.:rolleyes:" and "One more to die of drug abuse, so sad:("?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

"Did Success Spoil Rock Hunter?" Yeah, in this case it did.

According to an article I read he admitted to using up to 85 Valium a day, which I find amazing. I didn't think the human system could take that kind of chemical abuse.

He was supposed to make a comeback later this year, even took out a full page ad in Variety stating, "I'm back!" Well, sorry Corey. Looks like your story is over.:(
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1295968 wrote: Who wouldn't agree making illegal drugs cheaper and legal would be the equivalent to "...shame a lot of celebs need drugs.:rolleyes:" and "One more to die of drug abuse, so sad:("?

I just don't understand why they need them?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1296075 wrote: I just don't understand why they need them?

They need them because they become physically dependent on them. Do you drink coffee Odie? You like coffee? If not, know anyone that drinks coffee all of the time?

People consume a substance regularly because of the short term effects and their bodies develop a tolerance in which they need more of it. This is obvious I know you know, but my point is that someone physically dependent taking "85 Valium a day" is no different than someone taking 4 a day. The only exception is the time period between point A and B.

"Needing" them in reference to drug induced death would only fit if they wished to commit suicide.

Would you suggest no one at all in the world needs Valium?

"Need" in this context simply illustrates the gap between legal and illegal narcotics.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

In today's world, tobacco is probably the best example.

How many smokers feel that they "need" their ciggies?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Odie

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1296123 wrote: They need them because they become physically dependent on them. Do you drink coffee Odie? You like coffee? If not, know anyone that drinks coffee all of the time?

People consume a substance regularly because of the short term effects and their bodies develop a tolerance in which they need more of it. This is obvious I know you know, but my point is that someone physically dependent taking "85 Valium a day" is no different than someone taking 4 a day. The only exception is the time period between point A and B.

"Needing" them in reference to drug induced death would only fit if they wished to commit suicide.

Would you suggest no one at all in the world needs Valium?

"Need" in this context simply illustrates the gap between legal and illegal narcotics.

They only 'need' drugs if they choose to start them.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'm so sad to hear that Cory Haim has passed. May he be at peace now. I really loved to listen to him and Cory Feldham on the "Howard Stern" show many years ago.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

He told a reporter he wanted to have the same effect on people James Dean did. He thought he had that kind of potential and he never achieved anything resembling serious actor notoriety.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”