Need WINDOWS 7 advice

cars

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by cars »

Ok, when I first bought my new PC last July, it only came with Windows VISTA! I was told I was entitled to get Windows 7 free when it came out in October. It did, I did.

In the beginning, I had lots of VISTA compatibility problems with all of my programs, & external hardware.

Since just returning back here a couple weeks ago, I have not yet tried to install Windows 7, replacing the notoriously troubsome VISTA.

Now the question, now since my PC is currently working OK using VISTA, should I risk messing up things & try to install Windows 7? Is 7 that great? :-2
Cars :)
CARLA

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by CARLA »

Hold off till Vista craps out on you. Yes 7 is light years better than Vista, but if it ain't broke don't fix it yet. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lon

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by Lon »

I replaced my Windows Vista with 7 without any problems. Go with 7----you will love it.
Odie

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by Odie »

cars;1312538 wrote: Ok, when I first bought my new PC last July, it only came with Windows VISTA! I was told I was entitled to get Windows 7 free when it came out in October. It did, I did.

In the beginning, I had lots of VISTA compatibility problems with all of my programs, & external hardware.

Since just returning back here a couple weeks ago, I have not yet tried to install Windows 7, replacing the notoriously troubsome VISTA.

Now the question, now since my PC is currently working OK using VISTA, should I risk messing up things & try to install Windows 7? Is 7 that great? :-2

I've had no problems with Vista, stick with it and save the hassles.
Life is just to short for drama.
cars

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by cars »

Thanks for your replies.

CARLA's motto is the same as mine. If it ain't broke don't fix it! :wah: Although, CARLA & lon said "7" is in fact great!

So. . . . . . . .
Cars :)
spot

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by spot »

They both make sense and their opinions both command respect.

I'll give you another tagline to stick on your desk: Life's too short to keep swapping operating systems.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Lon

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by Lon »

The Model T Ford still runs well, why replace it?
CARLA

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by CARLA »

Good one Spot and very true. When Vista starts giving you trouble again then switch. In the meantime enjoy the day, the Memorial Day Weekend, smell the roses and forget about the Laptop it will be just fine. You have an ace in your hand now "Windows 7" to upgrade to when you want, or when Vista get glitchy again. :-6:-6

[QUOTE]I'll give you another tagline to stick on your desk: Life's too short to keep swapping operating systems.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

spot

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by spot »

CARLA;1312637 wrote: Good one Spot and very true.
Don't look at me - I spent two weeks last month exploring the delights of BSD...
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by CARLA »

;)It never ends does it??

BSD vs Linux vs Solaris?? I'm going to the beach all weekend after installing a virtual 3CX VOIP Phone system today, in 2 days. Our current vendor got ugly wanted $2,300.00 just to talk about an issue we were having, bye, bye TRIXBOX.. Boy I know how to have fun.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Need WINDOWS 7 advice

Post by Bryn Mawr »

CARLA;1312644 wrote: ;)It never ends does it??

BSD vs Linux vs Solaris?? I'm going to the beach all weekend after installing a virtual 3CX VOIP Phone system today, in 2 days. Our current vendor got ugly wanted $2,300.00 just to talk about an issue we were having, bye, bye TRIXBOX.. Boy I know how to have fun.

That *is* the way to have fun - hit them where it hurts and then tell everyone who'll listen why you did it.

Return to “Computers Internet”