ant problem

blacksockz

ant problem

Post by blacksockz »

Hi all,

My 3 year old woke me up this morning, rather frantically, and brought me to the laundry room where I discovered hundreds of teeny ants.

I killed whatever was there, but they seem to me ignoring all my efforts and keep coming back. I did some research and found there are a variety of ants, but I can't figure out which one is mine. Has anyone had any experience with in-house ants, are they Pharaoh or Carpenter? I was reading up about ant exterminators and they seem to cost an absolute fortune!!! Has anyone done this themselves??!!

Thanks.
Odie

ant problem

Post by Odie »

blacksockz;1322642 wrote: Hi all,

My 3 year old woke me up this morning, rather frantically, and brought me to the laundry room where I discovered hundreds of teeny ants.

I killed whatever was there, but they seem to me ignoring all my efforts and keep coming back. I did some research and found there are a variety of ants, but I can't figure out which one is mine. Has anyone had any experience with in-house ants, are they Pharaoh or Carpenter? I was reading up about ant exterminators and they seem to cost an absolute fortune!!! Has anyone done this themselves??!!

Thanks.

I get ants every spring, buy ant traps, they last 3 months and work!

I would put at least 3 where you saw them and spread them throughout the house.

Wal-Mart sells them.

keep them out of reach of children and pets.
Life is just to short for drama.
LarsMac

ant problem

Post by LarsMac »

Carpenter are rather large.

What you have are probably the little "sugar" or, "house" ants, looking for (and probably found) some nice sweet food in your house.

How to Get Rid of Ants
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Lon

ant problem

Post by Lon »

Ah yes ants------------we got em--------and they are the very small ones. This time of year as the weather gets so hot these little critters are seeking water. You can take care of it your self with sprays or ant traps that are readily available at your local market or hardware store.

Ants In and Around the Home, HYG-2064-96
Peg

ant problem

Post by Peg »

Buy Terro. It's cheap and sold in hardware stores. Best of all, it works and works well.
Lon

ant problem

Post by Lon »

Not all ants will respond to a particular poison. Very small ones will ignore most of the wedge shaped poison traps.
Nomad

ant problem

Post by Nomad »

Excuuuse me but unless your ants are in your pants this isnt really a health problem.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Health Wellness”