What if your Handbag was searched by Police?...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

This thought came to me this evening on the way home from work.

I have been out all day and evening and In between I grabbed a pack of Chicken legs at the local Tesco Express for my Foxes and at my friends take-away asked If I could have one of the large pot scourers they use because I have trouble buying them. I had also taken my mail to read at work.

So on leaving work tonight I see the Police exercising their right to stop and search local no goods and the thought went through my mind that If they looked In my handbag, I had a pack of chicken, a Pot scourer and a copy of Nick Griffins court summons from the Equalities Commission.

Try working out that combination officer !!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:) Ah, they wouldn't dare look! When I traveled last week, I packed my flute-always made the people in X-ray stop and look at the metal object in my bag.
Peg

Post by Peg »

If they search my purse, I hope they'll clean it while they're at it. The thought of them seeing chicken in your purse just cracks me up.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Stop and search powers!!!!!????????? Will I be visiting England or Iraq next year?

I take it my 'trusty emergency grenade' isn't gunna go down well then? :wah::wah::wah::wah:
koan

Post by koan »

The last time my purse was searched by cops I had half the contents of a restaurant condom vending machine courtesy of my mother being three sheets to the wind the night before.

They didn't let me cross the border.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

koan;1323742 wrote: The last time my purse was searched by cops I had half the contents of a restaurant condom vending machine courtesy of my mother being three sheets to the wind the night before.

Parents................who would have them ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Then Id be a cross dresser.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

Post by Peg »

koan;1323742 wrote: The last time my purse was searched by cops I had half the contents of a restaurant condom vending machine courtesy of my mother being three sheets to the wind the night before.

:yh_rotfl I do this to one of my older, female customers all the time. I buy condoms from vending machines just for the purpose of sticking them in her purse, dart case, etc. She takes them out and returns them so I don't spend much on them. :yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1323825 wrote: :yh_rotfl I do this to one of my older, female customers all the time. I buy condoms from vending machines just for the purpose of sticking them in her purse, dart case, etc. She takes them out and returns them so I don't spend much on them. :yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl You little bugger you.... Now that's funny.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I thought you all might enjoy this old advertisement I found: :wah:

Makes it easier for those unexpected handbag searches.

(Click on the photo.....it will enlarge so you can read it)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that is funny. Who would want a transparent handbag!:wah:
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

chonsigirl;1324015 wrote: Oh, that is funny. Who would want a transparent handbag!:wah:

Not posh, it is? :wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1324221 wrote: Not posh, it is? :wah:

definitely not posh!:yh_rotfl

there's just a few personal things in there eh?:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

along-for-the-ride;1324001 wrote: I thought you all might enjoy this old advertisement I found: :wah:

Makes it easier for those unexpected handbag searches.

(Click on the photo.....it will enlarge so you can read it)

I'd buy one of those. But it would have to be larger. I'm packing my carryon for the airport and right now it's got about 75 items in it including 2 smaller purses, jewelry case, video camera, still camera, etc. With that see-through I wouldn't have to dump stuff out to find things and make fellow travelers disagreeable. :)
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Not the Police but the UK Immigration bods.

We were coming back into the country after driving around central Turkey and they decided we were bringing too much back into the country.

In an effort to find incriminating receipts for the items they thought we'd bought they searched my wife's handbag - an hour later they gave up and let us go. Before we left they asked my wife, very politely, if she would mind clearing out the rubbish before we travelled abroad again :wah:

Talk about red in the face :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1324283 wrote: Not the Police but the UK Immigration bods.

We were coming back into the country after driving around central Turkey and they decided we were bringing too much back into the country.

In an effort to find incriminating receipts for the items they thought we'd bought they searched my wife's handbag - an hour later they gave up and let us go. Before we left they asked my wife, very politely, if she would mind clearing out the rubbish before we travelled abroad again :wah:

Talk about red in the face :yh_rotfl Here the Police can stop and search under 'The Mis-use of drugs act and The anti-Terrorism act If they want to. The former gets used as a basic excuse where I live.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1324286 wrote: Here the Police can stop and search under 'The Mis-use of drugs act and The anti-Terrorism act If they want to. The former gets used as a basic excuse where I live.

Remember the "Sus" laws - institutional racism presonified and it still goes on :-(
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1324290 wrote: Remember the "Sus" laws - institutional racism presonified and it still goes on :-(
I remember them well and see them still In Operation every weekend Bryn.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1324294 wrote: I remember them well and see them still In Operation every weekend Bryn.

I thought they were repealed in 1980/1?

Regardless of the law as written, the Police have always been a law unto themselves :-(
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1324305 wrote: I thought they were repealed in 1980/1?

Regardless of the law as written, the Police have always been a law unto themselves :-( Repealed or Not... By merely stopping an Individual In the street and telling them 'I have a suspicion you have a grade A or Grade B substance about your person'... That Is the Sus law dressed up under 'The Mis-Use of Drugs Act'.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1324312 wrote: Repealed or Not... By merely stopping an Individual In the street and telling them 'I have a suspicion you have a grade A or Grade B substance about your person'... That Is the Sus law dressed up under 'The Mis-Use of Drugs Act'.

As I say, they're a law unto themselves - whatever the law says they will interpret it to make their lives easier. As the courts deny them one interpretation they'll come up with another and the Law Lords do not act quickly enough to keep control.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1324314 wrote: As I say, they're a law unto themselves - whatever the law says they will interpret it to make their lives easier. As the courts deny them one interpretation they'll come up with another and the Law Lords do not act quickly enough to keep control.
Here Is the Act:

The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971

This act is intended to prevent the non-medical use of certain drugs. For this reason it controls not just medicinal drugs (which will also be in the Medicines Act) but also drugs with no current medical uses. Offences under this Act overwhelmingly involve the general public, and even when the same drug and a similar offence are involved, penalties are far tougher. Drugs subject to this Act are known as 'controlled' drugs. The law defines a series of offences, including unlawful supply, intent to supply, import or export (all these are collectively known as 'trafficking' offences), and unlawful production. The main difference from the Medicines Act is that the Misuse of Drugs Act also prohibits unlawful possession. To enforce this law the police have the special powers to stop, detain and search people on 'reasonable suspicion' that they are in possession of a controlled drug.

Notice the ' reasonable suspicion' :wah:
guppy

Post by guppy »

om my god!! This cracked me up....lol

Return to “General Chit Chat”