Gastric Bypass

devist8me

Gastric Bypass

Post by devist8me »

Anyone had this or have experience with someone who did?
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
chonsigirl

Gastric Bypass

Post by chonsigirl »

I have a friend who had it-she lost a lot of weight. It was a health issue for her to lose it, and she was successful. Three years later, the weight still remains off, and she looks great.
flopstock

Gastric Bypass

Post by flopstock »

Lady at work had it several years ago and looked great until just in the last year. It's like har legs are swelling and then reducing on a week to week basis almost. And I know she was complaining resently that our insurance wouldn't cover whatever is going on because they consider it a complication of an uncovered procedure.

Truth of it is, when she first did this she was following an 'after' diet religiously, but she's been eating like the rest of us since last fall and I guess that's a real no no.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Gastric Bypass

Post by CARLA »

I have friends who have had great success with this surgery. Most people who have it are faced with life threatening health issues already and by having a bypass their lives improve greatly. Not all of the underlying health issue go away. So you may lose weight but still have to maintain and deal with your other health issue which can be heart disease, congestive heart problems, diabetes, gastric problems all need medical attention no matter how much weight you lose.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

flopstock

Gastric Bypass

Post by flopstock »

That's true Carla. A friend of my sisters had it earlier this year and is now off her diabetes medicine. She still has to monitor herself, but she not only lost weight but got her blood sugar under control.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Peg

Gastric Bypass

Post by Peg »

There is another thread on it HERE.
Patsy Warnick

Gastric Bypass

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I've know several who had this procedure done - several in time regained their weight back plus.

Another had complications and had her stomach removed, now she can never have solid food - she has a permanent feeding tube. She's allowed baby food . Ever had a Pizza from a blender?

Is it worth it?

Patsy
devist8me

Gastric Bypass

Post by devist8me »

Lots of opinions! Thanks for sharing. I know of someone who is getting ready to have it done and I am considering it myself.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy

Return to “Health Wellness”