America's Got Talent

Mustang

America's Got Talent

Post by Mustang »

Jackie Evancho, a 10 year old girl from Pittsburgh PA, performed on America's got talent the other night, singing opera. She received a standing ovation for her fantastic performance. What a voice this little girl has!

CARLA

America's Got Talent

Post by CARLA »

Incredible voice..!! Hope she wins.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

America's Got Talent

Post by Odie »

She's so adorable and such a great voice!

C'mon Jackie, were rooting for you!:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

America's Got Talent

Post by Peg »

I saw her on the show and just sat there with total amazement that that voice came from that body. A lot of people don't believe it's her. I hope she can handle the attention she is about to get.
Mustang

America's Got Talent

Post by Mustang »

I'm sure she'll receive lots of attention. I hope her parents keep her childhood as normal as possible.
littleCJelkton

America's Got Talent

Post by littleCJelkton »

This is very nice but am I the only one to notice a Lack of talent in the pool of these shows such as Americas got Talent, American Idol, and all the others. I am old enough to be around then but I know shows like American Band stand, and the Ed Sullivan show were cranking out way more up and coming stars that actually had talent and became big and changed entertainment/music industry with there work. The stuff out there now seems to fail in comparison talent wise to those of the past
Mustang

America's Got Talent

Post by Mustang »

littleCJelkton;1327303 wrote: This is very nice but am I the only one to notice a Lack of talent in the pool of these shows such as Americas got Talent, American Idol, and all the others. I am old enough to be around then but I know shows like American Band stand, and the Ed Sullivan show were cranking out way more up and coming stars that actually had talent and became big and changed entertainment/music industry with there work. The stuff out there now seems to fail in comparison talent wise to those of the past

No, I haven't noticed. Some of these shows are turning out some very talented people which go on to further their careers.

The talent from the Sullivan and American Band Stand shows had a different music genre. Sullivan's show was more directed to our parent's generation, while ABS was directed at ours. With times, things change and so does the music and talent, don't you think?
littleCJelkton

America's Got Talent

Post by littleCJelkton »

No not really I would believe u if I was in my parents generation. My generations inovators in entertainment didn't need these shows to get big I.E Nirvana, RATM, Pear Jam. My generations Jim Henson(who's early work was on Ed Sullivan) would be Stan Winston who also didn't need a show to promote hime to get big. Now as to the point of the talent of performers coming out of the variety shows lik American Bandstand and Ed Sullivan too that of Americas got talent we will need a seperate thread discussing who was a better performer Kelly Clarkson or Diana Ross and the Supremes, or anyone else you care to compare. I just believe those shows from before alowed for more variety, and more artistic expresion pluss there wasn't as much choreography and pre-script in the shows of the past so for me it gave more of a sense the performer could do what he or she wanted rather than what the show wanted you too. With that said those shows at least in my opinion spat out performers that were more free to express themselves through their art rather than what this cookie cutting machine wanted you too.
Mustang

America's Got Talent

Post by Mustang »

No, a separate thread isn't required to discuss ABS and The Ed Sullivan Show, CJ. Since I'm the thread starter here, I have no problem with it drifting off course for discussion on these two. :)

American Bandstand was produced in '52 as a local Philadelphia dance show for teens with live artists performing the top 40 songs of the decade. It wasn't a talent show, therefore choreography wasn't a requirement to perform.

The Ed Sullivan Show was broadcasted starting in '48 as a variety show for entertainment, consisting of acts, such as songs, dances, and comedy skits.

Those two shows didn't spit out performers at all. They booked those performers to their shows to perform and entertain the studio/broadcast audience.

Who was a better performer, Kelly Clarkson or Diana Ross and the Supremes? That's like comparing apples to oranges. My generation would choose Diana Ross and the Supremes. Rock 'n roll and motown music will live on forever. :guitarist
littleCJelkton

America's Got Talent

Post by littleCJelkton »

How is comparing Diana Ross to Kelly Clarkson like apples and oranges I say its more like comparing a Granny Smith or Red Delicious to a Crab Apple. I just haven't noticed the talent coming from these hyped up reality shows of today producing any talent that is that better then the rest of the pot already in the entertainment business, and definitely not even close to comparison with any of the greats or even the really good performers of the past. I guess what I am saying is these shows are hyping up what they think would sell instead of actually pulling in and promoting the really talented.
Richard Bell

America's Got Talent

Post by Richard Bell »

I'm not a fan of these "talent" shows, although my elderly mom likes them.

I do, however, find it slightly amusing and a bit ironic that none of the judges on America's Got Talent are American.
cars

America's Got Talent

Post by cars »

The beautiful little girl looks like an angel & sounds like one too! :yh_clap
Cars :)
Peg

America's Got Talent

Post by Peg »

My guess is that we have not heard the last of her.
YZGI

America's Got Talent

Post by YZGI »

Or talented for that matter.:wah:
ZAP

America's Got Talent

Post by ZAP »

Mustang;1327142 wrote: Jackie Evancho, a 10 year old girl from Pittsburgh PA, performed on America's got talent the other night, singing opera. She received a standing ovation for her fantastic performance. What a voice this little girl has!

I was in Pittsburgh in August and I saw this little girl sing on some local show, maybe a news broadcast. She was/is fantastic! It's amazing that that voice, with the quality and volume can come out of that tiny person! Good, I'm glad she's on America's Got Talent.
Peg

America's Got Talent

Post by Peg »

Pittsburgh is almost an hour's drive away from us. I look for her to get many opportunities to sing at sport functions, etc. around Pittsburgh and the local area.
Mustang

America's Got Talent

Post by Mustang »

Jackie has a CD out since 11/09, Prelude to a Dream. It's sold out at Amazon right now.

Amazon.com: Prelude to a Dream: Jackie Evancho: Music
Cody Wellard

America's Got Talent

Post by Cody Wellard »

So sweet! What an awesome voice, to be so lucky to be born with such a talent!

Cheers!

Cody Wellard

Return to “General Music”