Two Worlds II

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
TruthBringer

Two Worlds II

Post by TruthBringer »

Normally I wouldn't take the time to write all this about a video game but this is one video game I can't help but write about. I had just gotten done watching my Wife play and beat Oblivion when I first finally got around to trying out Two Worlds 1 for the Xbox 360. After looking at Oblivion for months on end, and then looking at the graphics of Two Worlds 1, I was like, wtf is this? But then...things got interesting as I played it more and more. First I started realizing just how fricken huge the game actually is in terms of the World you can travel around in. I came to realize that it is actually bigger in scope than even Oblivion is. Than...I started to notice the variety of the different creatures you can fight in the game. Instead of having 1 kind of Wolf like Oblivion has, this game has like 5 different kinds. A regular wolf, a silver wolf, a gray wolf, an undead wolf, a ghost wolf, and there may even be more. Now...that's just 1 of the creatures if you can believe that. There are tons and tons and tons of other creatures in this game. Way more different varieties and types than Oblivion, and with a much smarter AI as they get higher in level.

The alchemy system is also WAY better than Oblivion in my opinion. And way easier. In Two Worlds all you have to do is grab plants and **** off the floor, and then you need 5 items total, different plants or different body parts of creatures you have killed, and then you just throw them into a mixer and you will come out with something valuable every time. More realistic in my opinion because in real life every plant has some kind of useful property to it.

Also, not to mention that you can set traps for animals in this game, you can make your own bombs, you can train in two weapon fighting just like in GS4, with smaller weapons only though, like machetes and stuff. Not to mention that the archery is amazing. You have such a variety of weapons to use (it reminds me of Diablo in so many ways as far as the way the weapons are gathered, dropped, etc.). We're talking everything you can think of pretty much that has ever been a weapon is in this game.

Everything about this game impresses me beyond belief. In fact, it is the greatest single player game I have ever played in my life so far (although it is also available in multiplayer). Once I got used to the graphics being below Oblivion's (but they aren't terribly bad in their own right), everything else in my opinion beat Oblivion hands down. Except perhaps for the character creation, I had some problems with the smoothness of that, and the fact that you can't be a girl kind of pissed my Wife off. But once your character is created (there are less options with this whole creation process than Oblivion has), but once your character has been created, you will never look back.

Oh and not to mention the spells. The spells fricken rock. There are so many different kinds, and the process of using them is more complicated and yet completely simple to understand all at the same time. All you have to do is train to a certain level in that particular spell group to use certain spells. Like level 3 in fire magic for a level 3 fire magic spell. There are so many different varieties of spells it's not funny. Way more than in Oblivion as well.

Anyways, enough about my praise for Two Worlds for the Xbox 360. The real purpose of this thread is for the coming release of Two Worlds 2. I have been salivating over the thought of this game coming out for weeks. It appears that they kept many of the things that made Two Worlds so great, and it looks like they have added new things as well, and improved the graphics to the level of Oblivion if not better.

I can NOT WAIT for this game. I have been saving my cigarette money and it has been killing me. lol. Every so often I will sneak a pack though. But anyways, here's the website with the info and the trailers and such. I believe the official release date is on October 5th of this year, according to wikipedia.

Two Worlds II

But I challenge anyone to play Two Worlds 1 for the Xbox 360 for 1 week, and to let it grow on you, and then to tell me that you don't love it. I have been playing for weeks on the hard setting and I am only like level 20 at the moment. The game is extremely challenging on this setting and I love it for that.

For those who want to learn more about Two Worlds 1, you can learn a lot about it here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/815/815215.html

I think you can get Two Worlds 1 for like $10-20 used but trust me it is WELL worth it. I've had to take a few days off of it because I have been playing it so much. And the good news is, just as I am falling in love with part 1, part 2 is coming out in October!!
Link removed by moderator
TruthBringer

Two Worlds II

Post by TruthBringer »

lol. Had to change the girlfriend part to Wife. I find myself making that mistake a lot since we haven't been married for too long but what she doesn't know won't hurt her. lol. And I know I'm not the only one who's done that. =)~
TruthBringer

Two Worlds II

Post by TruthBringer »

Here's the E3 TW2 trailer:

YouTube - Two Worlds 2 E3 2010 Trailer [HD]
TruthBringer

Two Worlds II

Post by TruthBringer »

Also sorry about the repeats in the original post I took them out and fixed it. Don't quite know how that happened but all better now.

Here's another screen shot to make up for it:

Return to “Video Games”