Furniture - Leather Sofa Etc

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jahamaa

Post by jahamaa »

Sorry, never heard of them but I'd think a while before going leather. at least for funiture. :D
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
jahamaa

Post by jahamaa »

yeah I was just spoofiing but seriously, had a leather chair and kind of liked it but picture a hot summer day and you've been outside doing yard work walk in and want to watch a little of the game, flop into your chair, get the picture.
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
Lon

Post by Lon »

jahamaa wrote: yeah I was just spoofiing but seriously, had a leather chair and kind of liked it but picture a hot summer day and you've been outside doing yard work walk in and want to watch a little of the game, flop into your chair, get the picture.
Real leather should be no problem on a hot day, unlike plastic, naughahyde or other artificial leathers. Real leather is quite cool in hot weather, unless the chair it's self is in the sun. All my furniture and most of my clothes are leather.

Kidding about the clothes.
jdubya

Post by jdubya »

I just got my 2nd leather sofa to compliment my old one. It was not fun, but it all worked out fine. I shopped all over town for the whole weekend at all the trendy stores like Pottery Barn, then found the same style I wanted at http://www.leathergroups.com for half the price. I'll always have leather furniture, it's the only thing that holds up to my black labrador (95lbs.and thinks she's a lap dog!)

Attached files
jdubya

Post by jdubya »

Oh, and that's our new edition a golden retriever pup....Charlie
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

jdubya wrote: I just got my 2nd leather sofa to compliment my old one. It was not fun, but it all worked out fine. I shopped all over town for the whole weekend at all the trendy stores like Pottery Barn, then found the same style I wanted at http://www.leathergroups.com for half the price. I'll always have leather furniture, it's the only thing that holds up to my black labrador (95lbs.and thinks she's a lap dog!)

They are both darling.

But, don't they scratch the leather? :confused:
jdubya

Post by jdubya »

If you get a protected leather you're better off, but I've found that no leather is impervious to scratching, but if you get a good protected, aniline died leather, the scratches are less noticeable and almost add character.

The picture of the dogs on the sofa is after a 2 years of my lab scratching her way onto it, and sleeping on it every night (and a good part of the day)
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

jdubya wrote: If you get a protected leather you're better off, but I've found that no leather is impervious to scratching, but if you get a good protected, aniline died leather, the scratches are less noticeable and almost add character.

The picture of the dogs on the sofa is after a 2 years of my lab scratching her way onto it, and sleeping on it every night (and a good part of the day)

That's interesting. I've always stayed away from it cause we've had cats and dogs in the house. Now, ummmmmmmm..........:rolleyes:

Return to “General Chit Chat”