Carnival Splendor. . .

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Carnival Splendor. . .

Post by cars »

doesn't seem to be so splenderous after all! After a fire in the engine room 4 days ago, the ship was without "toilets" & running water for a while, no A/C still, no elevators, (wonder how many were stuck in them) no hot meals, passengers told to remain in their cabins, what a disastrous nighhtmare that cruise turned out to be. The ship has to be towed by tug boats to port.

We are supposed to take a cruise early Feb next year! Now??????

Wonder how many passengers (4,500) of this ill fated cruise will ever cruise again!
Cars :)
YZGI

Carnival Splendor. . .

Post by YZGI »

At least they are giving out free booze.:wah: Eh don't worry about your cruise they will have safeguards by then. Think of the free cruises the people on this ship will get. If I were on that ship I would ask for 1 free cruise per year for life.
kazalala

Carnival Splendor. . .

Post by kazalala »

oh i heard a lot of horror stories too before i went on a cruise,,, as long as you are going with someone reputable you have a good chance of having a great time! Any holiday can go wrong even if you are in a hotel:driving:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
cars

Carnival Splendor. . .

Post by cars »

kazalala;1343323 wrote: oh i heard a lot of horror stories too before i went on a cruise,,, as long as you are going with someone reputable you have a good chance of having a great time! Any holiday can go wrong even if you are in a hotel:driving:

Yes you're right, any holiday can go wrong, even in a hotel. But in a hotel, you can choose to leave and go somewhere else, on the ship, you're at the mercy of the cruise line, & have to put up with whatever the line deems fit. These poor souls have been stuck in this nightmare for "4" LONG days! A free cruise & refund is just not enough retribution.
CARLA

Carnival Splendor. . .

Post by CARLA »

They get to stay in San Diego instead of Ensaneda Mexico they can kiss the ground for that change in plans. My home town is beautiful and their stay here will be top notch as the Cruise Line is picking up the tab for every guests stay, travel, food you name it. They also get 100% reimbursment for their trip, and 2 free cruises from what I understand.

It may have been inconvient but not life threatening no one what flown off the ship at any point. You could call this the diet cruise instead of gaining 10 pounds they will shed weight. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

kazalala

Carnival Splendor. . .

Post by kazalala »

cars;1343329 wrote: Yes you're right, any holiday can go wrong, even in a hotel. But in a hotel, you can choose to leave and go somewhere else, on the ship, you're at the mercy of the cruise line, & have to put up with whatever the line deems fit. These poor souls have been stuck in this nightmare for "4" LONG days! A free cruise & refund is just not enough retribution.

well it would be a nightmare if you were one of those stuck on there i agree,,, but what more would you suggest in the way of compensating for it:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
cars

Carnival Splendor. . .

Post by cars »

kazalala;1343340 wrote: well it would be a nightmare if you were one of those stuck on there i agree,,, but what more would you suggest in the way of compensating for it:thinking:

Well after reading CARLA's post, if all that stuff is true, then Carnival made a valiant retribution gesture.
kazalala

Carnival Splendor. . .

Post by kazalala »

cars;1343367 wrote: Well after reading CARLA's post, if all that stuff is true, then Carnival made a valiant retribution gesture.
I agree:-6:) nothing worse than your holiday going horribly wrong,, some people have to save a long time for it. I remember when we booked our cruise i worried as it was quite a bit of money as we were staying a week in Tenerife first then a week on the cruise, i kept thinking,,, oh i hope its ok after all this money spent,,, it was and still is the best holiday i have been on,, the stay and the cruise both:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “General Chit Chat”