God bless :)

binbag runzz and hides :yh_glasse

[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
littleCJelkton

Just couple of thoughts.

Post by littleCJelkton »

Being that you posted it in the Christianty portion of FG I believe that many who will view it will be in that sub-section of FG most of whom probably will agree with it. I do commend you unlike other Crusaders here for doing so and stating it is something you believ in. Not something all should believe in. To note your last bit about running and hiding since it is a christian themed belief if you were to run and hide on here it would be to the christianity part of FG but since you posted here already you can't really run and hide.
binbag

Just couple of thoughts.

Post by binbag »

littleCJelkton;1350709 wrote: Being that you posted it in the Christianty portion of FG I believe that many who will view it will be in that sub-section of FG most of whom probably will agree with it. I do commend you unlike other Crusaders here for doing so and stating it is something you believ in. Not something all should believe in. To note your last bit about running and hiding since it is a christian themed belief if you were to run and hide on here it would be to the christianity part of FG but since you posted here already you can't really run and hide.Thank you littleCJelkton. I feel I have no right to tell someone who does not believe, or dislikes Christianity, what they should believe in. It's a completely different matter if someone approached a Christian with sincere questioning though. That's another one I believe in, but again, some would agree and some would disagree.

The "run and hide" bit was said with toungue in cheek. I'm well aware of the Christian Nutter Knockers.

bb :)

[/FONT]
xyz

Just couple of thoughts.

Post by xyz »

binbag;1350723 wrote: I feel I have no right to tell someone who does not believe, or dislikes Christianity, what they should believe in.
That's precisely what is being attempted here. The sole motive for belief in Christianity is belief in Jesus Christ, either through the personal witness of his followers, or through conviction of his salvation and lordship by verbal means. Attempts to gain followers by any other means are those of false teachers who want their own disciples who will parade as true disciples, but will actually possess only appearance of devotion, while denying the Christian's power, his dynamo, which is the self-sacrifice of Jesus in the place of the sinner.
koan

Just couple of thoughts.

Post by koan »

Thanks, binbag, for making a nice, gentle statement of faith that doesn't sound copy/pasted from a sales brochure.

Sometimes the language of faith can get in it's own way. "I believe there is a purpose" brings positive feelings. Getting all technical about what, precisely, someone must believe, why and in what manner just sounds like a bunch of words with 24 volume companion library of legaleze definitions to be sure of what emotional contract was just entered.

Using fewer words increases the chance that people will read each one. :)
binbag

Just couple of thoughts.

Post by binbag »

Thanks koan, you've some very good points there.

Aaaand, I still like the way you express yourself. :)

bb

[/FONT]

Return to “Christianity”