Australian floods

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
fuzzywuzzy

Australian floods

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Okay we've had fires, locusts now floods . But these floods are just getting a bit silly now. The amount of area from Queensland down through NSW and Victoria (and even Tasmania has had some) is incredible. The area in Queensland actually flooded is equivalent in size to germany and france. On top of that you have areas that aren't flooded but are isolated and cut off. So the area affected is even larger than that .

The poor folk of Grantham will never be the same again after, what authorities are likening to an inland tsunami. The death count is now 17 with 15 missing . The state coroner is likely to announce today that some bodies may never be recovered. Some of which are children. This is because two metres of earth is now covering the areas in which the tsunami occurred. One woman had her child swept from her arms .....mothers can go through some really horrible stuff but having your child snatched from you like that has got to be one of the worst.

The clean up in Brisbane has begun with mountain loads of volunteers turning up to register. Some places in Brisbanes CBD is still flooded and not safe. Some places are just beginning to take in volunteers but it's very dangerous. Other places where the waters have not subsided are still waiting .

Queenslanders and especially in the regional areas are pretty tough .....actually Australians are pretty tough and generous. And it seems that they still have their sense of humour . Someone in one of the flood areas posted a sign . "Lost, two gold fish, last seen thursday" lol lol lol And distance is not measured in Km's anymore, it's Knots now. lol lol

I'm listening to the radio and I'm hearing where abouts in my own state people are being evacuated, sandbagging and flooding. Some have been without power since friday ........Do you reckon god's testing us?

What's next famine?
littleCJelkton

Australian floods

Post by littleCJelkton »

fuzzywuzzy;1350863 wrote: Okay we've had fires, locusts now floods . But these floods are just getting a bit silly now. The amount of area from Queensland down through NSW and Victoria (and even Tasmania has had some) is incredible. The area in Queensland actually flooded is equivalent in size to germany and france. On top of that you have areas that aren't flooded but are isolated and cut off. So the area affected is even larger than that .

The poor folk of Grantham will never be the same again after, what authorities are likening to an inland tsunami. The death count is now 17 with 15 missing . The state coroner is likely to announce today that some bodies may never be recovered. Some of which are children. This is because two metres of earth is now covering the areas in which the tsunami occurred. One woman had her child swept from her arms .....mothers can go through some really horrible stuff but having your child snatched from you like that has got to be one of the worst.

The clean up in Brisbane has begun with mountain loads of volunteers turning up to register. Some places in Brisbanes CBD is still flooded and not safe. Some places are just beginning to take in volunteers but it's very dangerous. Other places where the waters have not subsided are still waiting .

Queenslanders and especially in the regional areas are pretty tough .....actually Australians are pretty tough and generous. And it seems that they still have their sense of humour . Someone in one of the flood areas posted a sign . "Lost, two gold fish, last seen thursday" lol lol lol And distance is not measured in Km's anymore, it's Knots now. lol lol

I'm listening to the radio and I'm hearing where abouts in my own state people are being evacuated, sandbagging and flooding. Some have been without power since friday ........Do you reckon god's testing us?

What's next famine?

There comming out of that right there was a drought down there for the longest time.
koan

Australian floods

Post by koan »

Flaming rocks falling from the sky would be an unpleasant next step.

"Lost, two gold fish, last seen thursday" :yh_rotfl

hehee

ha

Seriously, though, how many birds have fallen from the sky down there? Not counting the ones who were drunk.
fuzzywuzzy

Australian floods

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

YouTube users capture Toowoomba flooding - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

With the amateur footage of the cars the people filming it didn't know whether there were people in them. Anyway this link should give you everything you need to know.
littleCJelkton

Australian floods

Post by littleCJelkton »

I did hear that story about the poor boy who died saving his brother

fuzzywuzzy

Australian floods

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

We're not to worried about the birds I think everyone is worried about the snakes.

The boy who told rescuers to take his little brother first and when the resuers came back he and his mother had been swept away. Heartwrenching.

And yes we've had just on ten years of drought. It got so bad that they began building a desalination plant down the coast from me. Guess what? the work keeps being delayed because of rain .......BWwahahahahhahhaaaaaaaa. nature eh? gotta love 'er!!
littleCJelkton

Australian floods

Post by littleCJelkton »

fuzzywuzzy;1350870 wrote: We're not to worried about the birds I think everyone is worried about the snakes.

The boy who told rescuers to take his little brother first and when the resuers came back he and his mother had been swept away. Heartwrenching.

And yes we've had just on ten years of drought. It got so bad that they began building a desalination plant down the coast from me. Guess what? the work keeps being delayed because of rain .......BWwahahahahhahhaaaaaaaa. nature eh? gotta love 'er!!

the spiders down there are nasty too.
fuzzywuzzy

Australian floods

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Thing is we've been having floods for a couple of years up north in Queensland and down here for the last few months but that's what I mean by it's getting silly.......Maybe we prayed for rain too much during the drought ......bloody churchies, blame them!!!

Record flood peaks hit Victoria - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
tektrek

Australian floods

Post by tektrek »

fuzzywuzzy;1350878 wrote: Thing is we've been having floods for a couple of years up north in Queensland and down here for the last few months but that's what I mean by it's getting silly.......Maybe we prayed for rain too much during the drought ......bloody churchies, blame them!!!

Record flood peaks hit Victoria - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Things ought to be looking up a bit now for the poor farmers in the west and north west regions of Victora. My emergency group started a fodder collection to help the farmers out as they won't have any ground feed (pasture) for at least 10 months. So far we have been donated 7,000 tonnes (metric) of round hay bales and 2,000 tonnes of silage to kick things off. We are going to make a short documentary about this operation which will be aired on TV hopefully in August.
fuzzywuzzy

Australian floods

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Cool for school Tek,

Did a twelve hour stint at the mcloughlins fire (mopping up ) They had a bit of a lamb BBQ down there . Only time you can sleep with two men and no one batters an eyelid lol lol lol lol lol
Nomad

Australian floods

Post by Nomad »

fuzzywuzzy;1350863 wrote: What's next famine?

Possibly. I dont think that anyone can question the undeniable signs that satan has his sites set on destroying Australia. What did you do?
I AM AWESOME MAN
fuzzywuzzy

Australian floods

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

kicked a chinaman?

Return to “General Chit Chat”