Is this nasty?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Snooz

Is this nasty?

Post by Snooz »

So I was at a game site reading about a newish casual game and I noticed the hero's name was Detective Cunning. And since I apparently have poor impulse control, I wrote "I wonder if Detective Cunning is a linguist."

Several people thought it was pretty funny but I've got one highly irate woman sending me PMs telling me that I'm disgusting and that I should think twice before posting "nasty" remarks like that. I'm sure she's reported me to a mod as well.

So, what do you think?
chonsigirl

Is this nasty?

Post by chonsigirl »

She should have used a dictionary....................
CARLA

Is this nasty?

Post by CARLA »

She needs to get over herself. !!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Snooz

Is this nasty?

Post by Snooz »

I wish I hadn't added pizza on the poll, now I'm hungry.
chonsigirl

Is this nasty?

Post by chonsigirl »

:) Pepperoni and mushrooms.......................
Snowfire

Is this nasty?

Post by Snowfire »

Thats the most vile thing I ever read. Its offended my sensibilities and got me all in a fluster. I asked my friends what they thought. Master Bates had a stroke and my Navy friends Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin boy couldn't contain themselves
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Snooz

Is this nasty?

Post by Snooz »

Snowfire;1355709 wrote: Thats the most vile thing I ever read. Its offended my sensibilities and got me all in a fluster. I asked my friends what they thought. Master Bates had a stroke and my Navy friends Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin boy couldn't contain themselves

You should've worked "General Paresis" in there somewhere.
Nomad

Is this nasty?

Post by Nomad »

Mike Hunt....paging Mike Hunt.
I AM AWESOME MAN
LarsMac

Is this nasty?

Post by LarsMac »

There is no "All of the Above" button.

What's up with that?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
littleCJelkton

Is this nasty?

Post by littleCJelkton »

I vote it vile just because I didn't want her to be feel lonely
Tightwad

Is this nasty?

Post by Tightwad »

SnoozeAgain;1355703 wrote: So I was at a game site reading about a newish casual game and I noticed the hero's name was Detective Cunning. And since I apparently have poor impulse control, I wrote "I wonder if Detective Cunning is a linguist."

Several people thought it was pretty funny but I've got one highly irate woman sending me PMs telling me that I'm disgusting and that I should think twice before posting "nasty" remarks like that. I'm sure she's reported me to a mod as well.

So, what do you think?

I think it's an asinine play on words to satisfy a juvinile impulse to be a smart azz. This thread is so offensive that it should be taken down.

That is what I think...........
Accountable

Is this nasty?

Post by Accountable »

And what would you do to it after the .... takedown?
Snooz

Is this nasty?

Post by Snooz »

Tightwad;1356427 wrote: I think it's an asinine play on words to satisfy a juvinile impulse to be a smart azz. This thread is so offensive that it should be taken down.

Thank you for your valuable input. My life is now richer for the wisdom you so generously shared.
Odie

Is this nasty?

Post by Odie »

SnoozeAgain;1355703 wrote: So I was at a game site reading about a newish casual game and I noticed the hero's name was Detective Cunning. And since I apparently have poor impulse control, I wrote "I wonder if Detective Cunning is a linguist."

So, what do you think?

she needs a life.

the pizza sounds good!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Snooz

Is this nasty?

Post by Snooz »

Tightwad;1356427 wrote: I think it's an asinine play on words to satisfy a juvinile impulse to be a smart azz. This thread is so offensive that it should be taken down.

You know, I thought this post might be a wind up because it's just so over the top. "This thread is so offensive that it should be taken down." Seriously? You must go through life terribly offended over a multitude of things if you think admin should interfere and censor me for "I wonder if Detective Cunning is a linguist." Your attitude would actually amuse me if I didn't see it becoming so prevalent in the US every day... the idea that your opinion is somehow more important and everyone should follow your edicts. Yeah, I'm occasionally a smart ass but last I heard, we're allowed a certain amount of free speech both here and in the US.
Accountable

Is this nasty?

Post by Accountable »

I always thought it was one of your more endearing qualities. Seriously.
farmer giles

Is this nasty?

Post by farmer giles »

i'm not sure what to think maybe we should have a mass debate :sneaky:

Return to “General Chit Chat”