Yeast Infection in men? Whats the Difference?

All items relating to Healthcare: Medical insurance, company policies, insurance coverage, policy costs, and more!
Hoony Ready

Post by Hoony Ready »

Hello all,

My aunt a pathologist, told me that a man can have a Yeast Infection and have no symptoms. I keep getting them my self and we haven't had sex in a long time, still now I still get them over and over. I was told that he could have it and not know it and still give it to me even without sex??? Is that possible? I mean can he have it on another part of his body, I have heard this too.

Again he has no symptoms at all so I don't know???

Any guess or suggestion or idea will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

- Hony Ready.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Hoony Ready;1357508 wrote: Hello all,

My aunt a pathologist, told me that a man can have a Yeast Infection and have no symptoms. I keep getting them my self and we haven't had sex in a long time, still now I still get them over and over. I was told that he could have it and not know it and still give it to me even without sex??? Is that possible? I mean can he have it on another part of his body, I have heard this too.

Again he has no symptoms at all so I don't know???

Any guess or suggestion or idea will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

- Hony Ready.

Have you had swabs taken and you know for sure it is recurrent yeast infections?

Yes, it can occur on any warm, moist part of the body.

Vaginal thrush, or something else?
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Men can carry more than that and not know it.
Odie

Post by Odie »

There are several reasons, I hope this helps you:

Men Yeast Infection Causes

Penile yeast infection is among the worst of afflictions a man can contract due to its embarrassing and painful nature.

As stated in the about section, the biological cause of the yeast infection is an overgrowth of the fungus known as Candida, but there are plenty of external factors which you are in control of that actually cause this overgrowth. This section talks about these causes and it may indicate if you might have a yeast infection.

Here is a list of the causes of penile yeast infection.

If you happen to resonate with any of these, you may want to proceed to the symptoms section to get more insights on whether you might have it.

Blood CellsLow Immunity

Caused by

* Nutrient Deficiency

* Stress

* Low White Blood Cell Count

* Transplant surgery

* Low Stomach Acidity

* HIV/AIDS

* Cancer

This causes your body to be unable to hold back the growth of Candida or fight it at all, thus allowing it to fester.

Bad Diet

The Candida fungus is present in everyone, but usually held down by the other bacteria and less-than-favourable environmental conditions. If you eat wrongly, you could cause a loss in balance of the other bacteria that would otherwise help prevent the Candida from growing out of control or improve the conditions for it to overgrow. This will end up with the resulting Candidiasis, which is exactly what you do not want.

AntibioticsAntibiotics

Remember that an antibiotic kills not just the bad bacteria, but also the good ones. Without these good bacteria that help prevent the Candida fungi from multiplying, you are more likely to contract the yeast infection.

Diabetes

If you have diabetes, the sugar in your urine will be a catalyst for the Candida fungi, which is a great environment for yeast to grow.

Diabetics also have a compromised immune system, which would allow the Candida fungus to flourish with less resistance.

CondomsCondoms with nonoxynol-9

Research has shown that this chemical which kills germs and sperm actually helps Candida grow 1.4 to 4 times better.

Check your condoms to see if this chemical is present.

Sexual Intercourse

One of the most common causes of yeast infection in men, and also the cause of recurring yeast infections is through sexual intercourse. If both parties fail to rid of the yeast infection completely before they engage in sexual activity, it will keep passing back and forth in a vicious cycle.

However, having safe sex practices can prevent the yeast infection from transmitting between both parties.
Life is just to short for drama.
Hoony Ready

Post by Hoony Ready »

Hi,

Thank you so much for your informative suggestions and your link.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Hoony Ready;1357906 wrote: Hi,

Thank you so much for your informative suggestions and your link.

your welcome!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
adam1

Post by adam1 »

Although its less common, men can get yeast infections too. You have be aware that couples who have unprotected sex can pass yeast infections back and forth. So if you have a yeast infection, more likely your partner has it too. You both need to abstain and make sure that its cured. Or else you keep passing it back and forth.
source: yeast infections in men
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

You never hear about yeast infections in men because they will never complain about a rising in their pants. :sneaky:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Accountable;1397896 wrote: You never hear about yeast infections in men because they will never complain about a rising in their pants. :sneaky:

:yh_worshp:yh_worshp
Marcus_padelford

Post by Marcus_padelford »

there is no diffrence , the Yeast infections is same for both men and women !!
halfway

Post by halfway »

Accountable;1397896 wrote: You never hear about yeast infections in men because they will never complain about a rising in their pants. :sneaky:

Ha!!!!!
My Journal of a New Endeavor

Return to “Healthcare”