Eating to lose weight.

flopstock

Eating to lose weight.

Post by flopstock »

So, I started Seattle Sutton two weeks ago. It's a local(I think) version of jennycraig/nutrisystems/weightwatchers type of meals. I pick up fresh meals twice a week.The lady accidently ordered me the 1200 rather than the 2000 calorie meals the first week and since I had no trouble with it, I've just stayed at that level.

I really figured it would be a miserable failure. I'd done it before and gave up after a month because I wasn't losing. But I've already dropped 7 lbs. Go figure:thinking:

Anyhoot, they have a six week menu rotation and I figure after a couple of go rounds, I'll need to switch to someone elses menu to keep from losing interest.

Anyone have suggestions? Have you tried any or all of these types of food plans? Which did you like best?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Patsy Warnick

Eating to lose weight.

Post by Patsy Warnick »

This is a version of a Jenny Craig - but not as expensive?

I've tried Jenny as couple of times - which worked as I went into debt...!

Do you actually pick prepared meals? or is it a menu you prepare?

I'd love to use a Jenny or? if I didn't have to cook for my husband.

Well, go luck

Patsy
Odie

Eating to lose weight.

Post by Odie »

flopstock;1359475 wrote: So, I started Seattle Sutton two weeks ago. It's a local(I think) version of jennycraig/nutrisystems/weightwatchers type of meals. I pick up fresh meals twice a week.The lady accidently ordered me the 1200 rather than the 2000 calorie meals the first week and since I had no trouble with it, I've just stayed at that level.

I really figured it would be a miserable failure. I'd done it before and gave up after a month because I wasn't losing. But I've already dropped 7 lbs. Go figure:thinking:

Anyhoot, they have a six week menu rotation and I figure after a couple of go rounds, I'll need to switch to someone elses menu to keep from losing interest.

Anyone have suggestions? Have you tried any or all of these types of food plans? Which did you like best?

I know how expensive Jenny Craig is, it costs 400.00 to join and 200.00 for food per week....I think only someone rich could afford that.

But it did win diet plan of the year.

My friend joined Dr. Bernstein's...needless to say, you literally starve yourself and I'm not fond or their injections....when she went off it, she gained all her weight back....which all diets do once stopped.....to me its making a lifestyle change.

I found Weight Watchers the best as you choose & cook your own food, you can have as many veggies you want, fruits, its basically you can eat anything you want, just cutting down portion sizes & staying away from really fattening or fried foods. Your also aloud 4 snacks per day, be it a yogurt, fruit or a low cal granola bar etc....any meats, chicken, fish etc......3 oz per serving or a size of a deck of cards. All in all its a lifestyle change.

flopstock, do you actually pick out and cook your meals and how much per week does it cost?

and good luck!
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Eating to lose weight.

Post by chonsigirl »

Good luck Floppy! 7 lbs already!
Ahso!

Eating to lose weight.

Post by Ahso! »

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
CARLA

Eating to lose weight.

Post by CARLA »

Way to go Floppy keep it up all diets are a drag after awhile hopefully this one mixes it up enough so you don't feel deprived and can continue on.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

flopstock

Eating to lose weight.

Post by flopstock »

Patsy Warnick;1359487 wrote: This is a version of a Jenny Craig - but not as expensive?

I've tried Jenny as couple of times - which worked as I went into debt...!

Do you actually pick prepared meals? or is it a menu you prepare?

I'd love to use a Jenny or? if I didn't have to cook for my husband.

Well, go luck

Patsy

For all I know It's more expensive. It's 129 a week.

My issue is that I cook for fun, not to eat. So most of my meals during the week have become fast food. So eliminating them I think is my first big step. These meals are all fresh foods, not frozen. And they specifically tell you you should not be taking supplements if you are eating right. So I'm not taking vitimans at the moment. To be honest though I don't know how long I can take drinking two glasses of fat free milk a day. I've always been anti-milk:wah:

I think I need to do this long enough to maintain portion control. Because for sure it is enlightening that I'm eating this and don't feeling I'm starving.

Who knew I could survive without "supersizing it" ?:lips::yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Eating to lose weight.

Post by flopstock »

CARLA;1359532 wrote: Way to go Floppy keep it up all diets are a drag after awhile hopefully this one mixes it up enough so you don't feel deprived and can continue on.

That's why I'm liking it so far but looking down the line... their meats appear to be turkey, chicken and fish. Not sure how long a person can be expected to go without a whopper..:sneaky:

But it's just like fast food without waiting in line. I grab a meal out of the fridge and I'm off to work.:guitarist

flopstock

Eating to lose weight.

Post by flopstock »

chonsigirl;1359493 wrote: Good luck Floppy! 7 lbs already!

The biggest meal appears to be lunch, most days. I actually save the desert for my afternoon carb break I have to have these days. But evenings are lighter and with the dog walking in the evenings, I've been sleeping better I think...

could be all in my head at this point.:thinking:

Scott Hetkowski

Eating to lose weight.

Post by Scott Hetkowski »

Good work, but I can tell you how to lose weight instantly: Fruits, Vegetables, Lean Meats, Exercise. I'm a personal trainer, and I've seen a lot of success stories based on these simple principles. I'd be glad to help as well. :)
[signature removed by moderator]
Matthew

Eating to lose weight.

Post by Matthew »

To lose the weight it is good to avoid the oily and junk food. Except it daily exercise and yoga can help you to reduce the weight.
flopstock

Eating to lose weight.

Post by flopstock »

Yeah, this lasted until I went off for a weeks vacation in the outer banks back in July.

Now that littleone is back in school, I've been making myself eat nofat yogurt in the morning and when I want an evening snack. I doubt I have the fortitude to stick with this more than a week or two..:wah:

We've come up with menus and shopped off of that for the last couple of weeks, so fast food is once again out of my line of sight.:p Salads are back in..:guitarist

Never give up....... that's all I can do.:guitarist

Oscar Namechange

Eating to lose weight.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

flopstock;1369558 wrote:

Never give up....... that's all I can do.:guitarist

I sympathise. I stopped smoking and wow, the weight went on.

I bought a new dinner set with far smaller dinner plates. Phycologicaly this helps. You think you have eaten a plateful of food when In fact you have eaten half.

I started buying smaller quantities of food also. If It's not In your cupboard or fridge, you can't eat It and have to make a meal out of what you have.

Try drinking a pint of water before each meal... This makes you feel fuller quicker and chew your food longer.

Don't eat after 7 pm... you need time to digest food before sleeping.

Only go shopping for groceries on a full stomach... you are less likely to get tempted.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
flopstock

Eating to lose weight.

Post by flopstock »

My biggest problem is shopping for food that is both healthy and that littleone will eat.

I made turkey burgers last night that we ate on these new thin buns that they have out now. They were actually pretty good.

I've told her she has to pick a greeen vegetable every supper - you'd think I was torturing her..:wah:

Oscar Namechange

Eating to lose weight.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

flopstock;1369566 wrote: My biggest problem is shopping for food that is both healthy and that littleone will eat.

I made turkey burgers last night that we ate on these new thin buns that they have out now. They were actually pretty good.

I've told her she has to pick a greeen vegetable every supper - you'd think I was torturing her..:wah:

Have you tried green tea?

I read some nonsense somewhere that It can aid weight loss. I thought I'd give It a try. It said to drink a pint of black tea after each meal as It apparently aids digestion.

I have lost a lot of weight. Can't say for sure If It was the green tea but I still drink It after meals.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
WonderWendy3

Eating to lose weight.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I drink green and white tea and love it!

I haven't ever tried any of the programs like Jenny Craig or Weightwatchers, but I have tried the low-fat, low carb diets in the past. I have fought with weight all my adult life and back in 2008 I weighed my heaviest at 254 and I was in denial that I was that big...but I was. I am now 193 lbs and need another 40 to go....In the past two years I have done a cleansing, gone to a "fat lady doctor", taken diet pills and having sleep apnea the weight was stubborn to come off. Once I got my machine and was breathing during my sleep, my weight loss efforts started showing in the mirror!

I HIGHLY reccomend 2 books if not 3 if you are interested.

The first: "The perfect 10 Diet" by Michael Aziz, M.D. - I found this at my library and then went out and bought a copy.

Second: "A course in Weight loss" by Marianne Williamson

Third: "Sexy Forever" by Suzanne Somers - I'm reading this one now and it is very similar to the first suggestion but still a good read.

I have changed the way I look at food and myself with food since reading these books, everyone is different and I'm glad you've found something that works for you Floppy! :)

Return to “Health Wellness”