Strewth!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
spot

Strewth!

Post by spot »

Or whatever they say in New Zealand.

I can't really quote a line from this, it's all or nothing. My word. Cripes. Ruddy Nora.

BBC News - New Zealand trucker 'blown up like balloon' by air hose

My congratulations on surviving, Mr McCormack. That must have really put a crimp in your week.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Strewth!

Post by Ahso! »

It'll be fun for the grandkids hearing about the incident.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Strewth!

Post by Accountable »

Augh! That gave me the shivers. So is his skin now going to hang on him like a loose bag?
Odie

Strewth!

Post by Odie »

ugh! that was terrifying.
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Strewth!

Post by Lon »

spot;1360265 wrote: Or whatever they say in New Zealand.

I can't really quote a line from this, it's all or nothing. My word. Cripes. Ruddy Nora.

BBC News - New Zealand trucker 'blown up like balloon' by air hose

My congratulations on surviving, Mr McCormack. That must have really put a crimp in your week.

Typical Kiwi response would be "Bloody Hell"
CARLA

Strewth!

Post by CARLA »

Yikes..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

YZGI

Strewth!

Post by YZGI »

Maybe he should try a hooker next time.
Accountable

Strewth!

Post by Accountable »

YZGI;1360309 wrote: Maybe he should try a hooker next time.

:yh_rotfl
Scrat

Strewth!

Post by Scrat »

I'm calling BS on it. Just what kind of an air fitting was it? Why did he just sit there and let it blow him up like a balloon? Is he stupid or something? Lots of holes in this one.
flopstock

Strewth!

Post by flopstock »

I'm glad to hear he wasn't doing what I thought he might have been doing.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Strewth!

Post by spot »

Scrat, I think he landed heavily on a fixed part of the compressed air system, snapped a tube and had a rigid metal punch through his skin. It's not the end of the hose stuck up his jacksie, the wording is just overly coy.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Scrat

Strewth!

Post by Scrat »

I can see that happening and doctors do use air in some procedures to inflate parts of the thorax/trunk of the body so that they can work. I understand the physics of the incident very well as I work with air systems a lot. I can see it happening but it's an incredible mishap, too incredible I think. We shall see. Snopes has nothing on it as of last night.
farmer giles

Strewth!

Post by farmer giles »

Scrat;1360327 wrote: I'm calling BS on it. Just what kind of an air fitting was it? Why did he just sit there and let it blow him up like a balloon? Is he stupid or something? Lots of holes in this one.:-3:-3:wah::wah:

well there was A Hole or was that ahole :lips:
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Strewth!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

farmer giles;1361475 wrote: :-3:-3:wah::wah:

well there was A Hole or was that ahole :lips:

Well I have a pain in the ahole - would that be my Farmer Giles? Gooday blue, well come and well met :-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”