Facebook Ramblings

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Betty Boop

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Betty Boop »

Thought it would be good to share interesting Facebook status messages that you come across in your travels on the net.

Many make me laugh, some make me cringe. I'll never cease to be amazed by one friend who constantly chooses to tell the world what she eats for every meal; breakfast, dinner and tea, she's not the slimmest person in the world either :wah:

The ones that are annoying though are the ones that demand friends copy and paste to demonstrate that 'you are a true friend', and the gushy 'I love all my Facebook friends forever and ever...' claptrap.

I came across this one earlier, made me chuckle...

'Daddy, how was I born? 'Well, son, Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo. Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, and googled each other. There your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said: 'You got Male!''
fuzzywuzzy

Facebook Ramblings

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ha ha ha love it lol
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Betty Boop;1365410 wrote: Thought it would be good to share interesting Facebook status messages that you come across in your travels on the net.

Many make me laugh, some make me cringe. I'll never cease to be amazed by one friend who constantly chooses to tell the world what she eats for every meal; breakfast, dinner and tea, she's not the slimmest person in the world either :wah:

The ones that are annoying though are the ones that demand friends copy and paste to demonstrate that 'you are a true friend', and the gushy 'I love all my Facebook friends forever and ever...' claptrap.

'Daddy, how was I born? 'Well, son, Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo. Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, and googled each other. There your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said: 'You got Male!''
Just because someone posts an update on their status to their selected friends, It does not necessarily follow that they may want It cut and pasted onto a public forum. The people they are posting to on Facebook are chosen friends, the people on a forum are not.

Not that I care myself as I rarely find the need to update my status but hey, If some-one finds the review of the committee meeting at The Bristol and Gloucester branches of any Interest, then be my guest.

I myself do not feel Inclined to re-post some of those to which you are referring although I have been known to pilfer Rapunzels jokes for future use.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Betty Boop

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Betty Boop »

haha, no sooner had I put this up and up pops one of my pet hates...

'Needing someone to talk to? How many would actually be there 4u? I guarantee not even 1 of my Facebook friends will copy this status. If you would be there for me set this as your status and see how many of us would be there 4each other. (I just did for 1 of my friends) let's try it out and see. I posted this to show a friend they were wrong. some 1 is always listening'

are these ones meant as some sort of odd popularity contest :thinking:
Betty Boop

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1365414 wrote: Just because someone posts an update on their status to their selected friends, It does not necessarily follow that they may want It cut and pasted onto a public forum. The people they are posting to on Facebook are chosen friends, the people on a forum are not.

Not that I care myself as I rarely find the need to update my status but hey, If some-one finds the review of the committee meeting at The Bristol and Gloucester branches of any Interest, then be my guest.

I myself do not feel Inclined to re-post some of those to which you are referring although I have been known to pilfer Rapunzels jokes for future use.

Evidently I have posted ones that are ten a penny Oscar, they've already been copied and pasted numerous times, just like jokes that other members here have copied and pasted into threads. They're hugely obvious and I would not copy paste peoples' personal information, obviously! :rolleyes:
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

For the sake of being called a hypocrite, I just logged on to FB and this was the first status.

How do you expect kids to listen to their parents .. Tarzan lives half naked, Cinderella comes back home at midnight, Pinocchio lies all the time, Aladdin is the king of thieves, Batman drives at 320KM/h, Sleeping beauty is lazy and Snow white lives with 7 guys. We shouldn’t be surprised if kids misbehave at times! They get this from their own storybooks. Post this if you agree

errrr yeah ok
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

Betty Boop;1365416 wrote: Evidently I have posted ones that are ten a penny Oscar, they've already been copied and pasted numerous times, just like jokes that other members here have copied and pasted into threads here. They're hugely obvious and I would not copy paste peoples personal information, obviously! :rolleyes:
True but mind you, some of Nomad's would be entertaining to say the least.
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

oscar;1365414 wrote: The people they are posting to on Facebook are chosen friends, the people on a forum are not.Speaking of which, have you properly deleted Oscar's House yet?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

spot;1365423 wrote: Speaking of which, have you properly deleted Oscar's House yet? It was deleted over a year ago. I suggest you either learn how to use Facebook, learn how to refresh a page Instead of bringing up a year old page or get a more reliable source.
Betty Boop

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Betty Boop »

'Please copy and paste this as your status if you know someone, or have heard of someone who knows someone. If you don't know anyone, or even if you've heard of anyone who doesn't know anyone, then do still copy this. It's important to spread the message, even if no-one knows anything about anyone. Oh, and the hearts. ♥ ♥ ♥ For ****'s sake, don't forget the hearts. ♥ ♥'

The above is the only one I've ever copied and pasted, great sarcastic response to all the gooey 'prove your my friend' messages that go around :wah::wah:
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

oscar;1365428 wrote: It was deleted over a year ago. I suggest you either learn how to use Facebook, learn how to refresh a page Instead of bringing up a year old page or get a more reliable source.There's none so blind as those who won't even bother to check despite repeated hints. It's like watching some prat walk round with a zip undone, it's not a pretty sight but it has an element of humour.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1365423 wrote: Speaking of which, have you properly deleted Oscar's House yet?

oscar;1365428 wrote: It was deleted over a year ago. I suggest you either learn how to use Facebook, learn how to refresh a page Instead of bringing up a year old page or get a more reliable source.

I hate to say this Oscar but I had to go look to see what he's going on about and I fear I can see the photo.
fuzzywuzzy

Facebook Ramblings

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Betty Boop;1365429 wrote: 'Please copy and paste this as your status if you know someone, or have heard of someone who knows someone. If you don't know anyone, or even if you've heard of anyone who doesn't know anyone, then do still copy this. It's important to spread the message, even if no-one knows anything about anyone. Oh, and the hearts. ♥ ♥ ♥ For ****'s sake, don't forget the hearts. ♥ ♥'

I've always liked that one .
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

spot;1365433 wrote: There's none so blind as those who won't even bother to check despite repeated hints. It's like watching some prat walk round with a zip undone, it's not a pretty sight but it has an element of humour.
Your trolling seems to be borderline harrassment now.

If you are going to make a point, then at least get your facts right. If you refer to your posts on the social networking thread, you will recall, It was 'Julie's house'... There has never been an 'Oscar house'.

If you want to continue to make a complete squit of yourself, then at least check that of which you have written before or It may become apparent to all and sundry the nature of your baiting and trolling. Further more, If you can not recall that of which you have stated before then I suggest you embark on a less frenzied attempt to ruin yet another thread.

I am sure that other members are getting rather fed up with you constant deviation from the topic of threads just to make a tit of yourself.

In respect of BB's thread, I have no desire to engage further but would prefer to keep the subject on topic.
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

oscar;1365428 wrote: It was deleted over a year ago.I can see you believe that to be true. It doesn't say much for you that you simply won't go and check though, does it. Instead of looking at your current photos try checking your albums.

oscar wrote: learn how to refresh a page Instead of bringing up a year old page or get a more reliable source.

This laptop's a fortnight old. Quite how you think the image has been cached in my system for the last year beats me. I suggest you learn how to use Facebook.
fuzzywuzzy

Facebook Ramblings

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I like my 13 year olds statuses......

"why does everyone think only girls can like unicorns? we are talking about a sturdy stallion with a razor sharp magic horn here."

lol

"is examining perturbutive amplitudes in N=4 supersymeteric theories leading to a re-examination of the ultraviolet properties of multiloop N=8 supergravity using modern twistor theory."

"Do not worry about people talking "behind your back", it just means that you are one step ahead of them, and they are exactly in the right direction to kiss your ass! ♥ Copy if you agree ♥ I also like the fact that I am constantly thought of thanks for alwayz thinkin of me!!!"
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

Betty Boop;1365434 wrote: I hate to say this Oscar but I had to go look to see what he's going on about and I fear I can see the photo.
Then where? You are not on my friends for one. You could go In through my husbands account but then you would be restricted If you went Into my account from his list of friends.

Right... Bear with me, I am going Into my step-sons account using his password, to go Into mine.
fuzzywuzzy

Facebook Ramblings

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

What image???? Now you've got me wnating to see an image......I have an image of yours spot ...it's of your grandaughter in a park .....I keep it for artistic purposes . It's just in my computer and not for publication .
Betty Boop

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1365423 wrote: Speaking of which, have you properly deleted Oscar's House yet?

oscar;1365428 wrote: It was deleted over a year ago. I suggest you either learn how to use Facebook, learn how to refresh a page Instead of bringing up a year old page or get a more reliable source.

oscar;1365441 wrote: Then where? You are not on my friends for one. You could go In through my husbands account but then you would be restricted If you went Into my account from his list of friends.

Right... Bear with me, I am going Into my step-sons account using his password, to go Into mine.

Indeed, I am no longer on your friends list, I also did not go in through your husband's profile, I simply searched your name in the search box and it took me to your profile.
fuzzywuzzy

Facebook Ramblings

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

sounds like youv'e got FB turned onto apps and on an insecure Https ....you can remove your profile pics from public view oscar, it sounds like it may be coming up amongst those. Or because you use apps or accept apps that keep regenerating the image. Plus you may want to change your privacy level or the image to "YOU ONLY" or "FRIENDS ONLY.

the image will keep regenerating while you have friends who show 'your' saved images (on their page) ...to friends of friends or everyone.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

Right... Done It, No Julie's house, no pic of Spot.

Also, I have just gone Into my account blind, ie not logging In. I can not access any Info or pictures from my account until I log In as I am viewing as a guest. You would also be viewing as a guest as you are not on my friends.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

fuzzywuzzy;1365444 wrote: sounds like youv'e got FB turned onto apps and on an insecure Https ....you can remove your profile pics from public view oscar, it sounds like it may be coming up amongst those. Or because you use apps or accept apps that keep regenerating the image. Plus you may want to change your privacy level or the image to "YOU ONLY" or "FRIENDS ONLY. That's helpful. So because I am using apps or accepting apps, old profiles are being re-freshed?
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

oscar;1365445 wrote: I have just gone Into my account blind, ie not logging In. I can not access any Info or pictures from my account until I log In as I am viewing as a guest. You would also be viewing as a guest as you are not on my friends.

There's three levels: guest, member and friend. It was visible to all Facebook members. I suggest you learn how to use Facebook.

oscar wrote: It was deleted over a year ago. I suggest you either learn how to use Facebook, learn how to refresh a page Instead of bringing up a year old page or get a more reliable source.You can say thank you now if you like. Lord knows what other embarrassing tripe was in there.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

spot;1365449 wrote: I can see you believe that to be true. It doesn't say much for you that you simply won't go and check though, does it.

There's three levels: guest, member and friend. It was visible to all Facebook members. I suggest you learn how to use Facebook. I will certainly make more enquirys.

I suggest until then you cease from the baiting before you turn another thread Into 'Spot's roadshow' and another farce.
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

oscar;1365451 wrote: I will certainly make more enquirys.

I suggest until then you cease from the baiting before you turn another thread Into 'Spot's roadshow' and another farce.
Lordy me, you just can't be gracious at all.

Thank you spot?
Snooz

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Snooz »

Spot, would you like me to delete the photoshopped photos of you as well? I'm not sure where they all are though.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

spot;1365453 wrote: Lordy me, you just can't be gracious at all.

Thank you spot?
Gracious no.

However, I am readily agreeable that should I have made a mistake, I will own up to my mistakes and offer apology If needed as I have In the past. Given factual evidence and verification of course.
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

oscar;1365463 wrote: Gracious no.

However, I am readily agreeable that should I have made a mistake, I will own up to my mistakes and offer apology If needed as I have In the past. Given factual evidence and verification of course.

You're telling me you still haven't seen your mislaid album, after all this? I'd thought "Right... Done It, No Julie's house, no pic of Spot" meant you'd finally located it and finally clicked delete.

Bloody hell you're useless.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

spot;1365464 wrote: You're telling me you still haven't seen your mislaid album, after all this? I'd thought "Right... Done It, No Julie's house, no pic of Spot" meant you'd finally located it and finally clicked delete.

Bloody hell you're useless.
Try reading posts and absorbing the words. It helps come to an understanding.

As you seem to have problems understanding, let me put It far simpler for you:

I go Into my account... No Julie's house and no pics. I have not seen the pics for over a year and regualy update my pics.

I go Into my account from my husbands account.... No Julie's house and no pics

I go Into my account via my step-sons account... No Julie's house and no pics

I google my name, go Into the Facebook account blind without logging In... no access to pics or Information.

So, I think It Is right to assume that I have not seen the pic you are talking about for over a year.

I know learn that apparently If you use apps on Facebook, your Images can be refreshed. That is the part I did not know.

As for being useless, where did you see Oscar's house or Is that just you being bloody useless?
Betty Boop

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Betty Boop »

Enough now! Betty drags her thread back...

'I have a prayer request. There's a lady I've known forever. She's very sick. On top of that, she's being abused by those she has given everything to. Lies about her abound, and seem to come from all sides. Just breaks my heart. Seems there's nothing I can do alone. But maybe, if we join in and lift her up. She's well over 200 years old, but way too young to die. Her name is America... and I love her. Re-Post if you love her too.'

Who on earth writes this stuff :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

Betty Boop;1365470 wrote: Enough now! Betty drags her thread back...

'I have a prayer request. There's a lady I've known forever. She's very sick. On top of that, she's being abused by those she has given everything to. Lies about her abound, and seem to come from all sides. Just breaks my heart. Seems there's nothing I can do alone. But maybe, if we join in and lift her up. She's well over 200 years old, but way too young to die. Her name is America... and I love her. Re-Post if you love her too.'

Who on earth writes this stuff :wah: Oh Yuk !!!

Just going back very briefly to the pic saga. I have to say that twice now, I have been sent requests asking permission to tag me In a photograph or tag themselves. I remember thinking at the time where they got the picture from because It had been deleted months prior y myself. I didn't pay much attention to It at the time.
Odie

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1365410 wrote: Thought it would be good to share interesting Facebook status messages that you come across in your travels on the net.

love it!

I to have a friend that post what she does all day long, she sure has a lot of time on her hands.:lips:
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

Odie;1365482 wrote: love them!

Oh god, there went the neighbourhood.
Odie

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Odie »

spot;1365483 wrote: Oh god, there went the neighbourhood.

why? your not on facebook and if you were..You can't see anything I post there.:wah:
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

Odie;1365485 wrote: why? your not on facebook and if you were..You can't see anything I post there.:wah:

I refer the honourable member to the entire content of this thread which obviously indicates something completely different.
Odie

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Odie »

spot;1365488 wrote: I refer the honourable member to the entire content of this thread which obviously indicates something completely different.

your just a liar as usual and who never tells the truth.

you had just said 'to me', there goes the neighborhood.:yh_ttth
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

Odie;1365485 wrote: why? your not on facebook and if you were..You can't see anything I post there.:wah:
Can you Imagine If Spot was on Facebook?

You'd get one of those alerts that come up regually saying 'Spot has no friends.. Can you suggest friends to Spot'.

:yh_rotfl
Odie

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Odie »

oscar;1365492 wrote: Can you Imagine If Spot was on Facebook?

You'd get one of those alerts that come up regually saying 'Spot has no friends.. Can you suggest friends to Spot'.

:yh_rotfl

and considering we already know how he looks!:yh_rotfl

block, block, block, block, block:wah::wah:
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

Odie;1365493 wrote: and considering we already know how he looks!:yh_rotfl

I think I prefer it when the two of you are tearing each others' throats out, it's less saccharine.
Odie

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Odie »

spot;1365495 wrote: I think I prefer it when the two of you are tearing each others' throats out, it's less saccharine.

I suggest you get over it spot........we have.

read my signature spot.
fuzzywuzzy

Facebook Ramblings

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

oscar;1365467 wrote: Try reading posts and absorbing the words. It helps come to an understanding.

As you seem to have problems understanding, let me put It far simpler for you:

I go Into my account... No Julie's house and no pics. I have not seen the pics for over a year and regualy update my pics.

I go Into my account from my husbands account.... No Julie's house and no pics

I go Into my account via my step-sons account... No Julie's house and no pics

I google my name, go Into the Facebook account blind without logging In... no access to pics or Information.

So, I think It Is right to assume that I have not seen the pic you are talking about for over a year.

I know learn that apparently If you use apps on Facebook, your Images can be refreshed. That is the part I did not know.

As for being useless, where did you see Oscar's house or Is that just you being bloody useless?

May I make a suggestion Oscar? (FB has become very convoluted these days .) Make two accounts ...one with it's own email address and unsecured that will allow apps and causes and all that stuff ...(you know when it asks if you don't mind having your basic details shared?) and then another with it's seperate (and not connected to your other email addy) identity in which you can go to your privacy page and disconnect it to everything. There's lots and lots of little tricks you can do ...just have to know how to get around their gobbldigook.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

Odie;1365493 wrote: and considering we already know how he looks!:yh_rotfl

I don't know. The status updates could be amusing. 'Looked In mirror all day' as an example.
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1365459 wrote: Spot, would you like me to delete the photoshopped photos of you as well? I'm not sure where they all are though.I nearly fell into the trap of telling you but that would be a bit silly, wouldn't it.

No, snooze, you hang onto them, at least you only let them loose when you've a reason. The idea that oscar's unaware she's been exposing an entire album for over a year now, that's what's behind my pushing her to clean up her act every now and then. It offends me when I see such a dismal lack of competence.
Odie

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1365498 wrote: May I make a suggestion Oscar? (FB has become very convoluted these days .) Make two accounts ...one with it's own email address and unsecured that will allow apps and causes and all that stuff ...(you know when it asks if you don't mind having your basic details shared?) and then another with it's seperate (and not connected to your other email addy) identity in which you can go to your privacy page and disconnect it to everything. There's lots and lots of little tricks you can do ...just have to know how to get around their gobbldigook.

just so you know, facebook will not allow two accounts under' any' other emails address.

you would have to set one up outside of you home.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

fuzzywuzzy;1365498 wrote: May I make a suggestion Oscar? (FB has become very convoluted these days .) Make two accounts ...one with it's own email address and unsecured that will allow apps and causes and all that stuff ...(you know when it asks if you don't mind having your basic details shared?) and then another with it's seperate (and not connected to your other email addy) identity in which you can go to your privacy page and disconnect it to everything. There's lots and lots of little tricks you can do ...just have to know how to get around their gobbldigook. Thanks Fuzzy, that Is a help and I will look Into It.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

Odie;1365501 wrote: just so you know, facebook will not allow two accounts under'any'r other emails address.

you would have to set one up outside of you home. They do... I got three !!!
Betty Boop

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Betty Boop »

Dragging the thread back again from the bitching...

Anyone do the quizzes??

'What Supernatural Being Are You?

Betty got A Ghost..

You're a ghost.You are independant at most times,although you seek acceptance.People usually misunderstand you.You are a loyal person and are there for people you care about even though you might not get the same gratitude in return.'

'What Greek God/Goddess are you?

Betty got Artemis.

You are a maiden that has realized how fickle and ridiculous relationships are and you have taken a solomn oath to never fall in love and to stay a maiden forever. You will make your own life and will not tolarate any man's interference. You are a strong and confident individual and you will not let that change. You are the sacred huntress of the forest, the goddess Artemis.'

(that's all from my profile, I've not stolen anyone's personal info) ;)
spot

Facebook Ramblings

Post by spot »

Odie;1365497 wrote: read my signature spot.
I avert my eyes, the same spelling error attached to every post is simply too horrid.
Odie

Facebook Ramblings

Post by Odie »

Odie;1365501 wrote: just so you know, facebook will not allow two accounts under' any' other emails address.

you would have to set one up outside of you home.

please read this oscar, seems were both posting at the same time:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Facebook Ramblings

Betty Boop;1365504 wrote: Dragging the thread back again from the bitching...

Anyone do the quizzes??

'What Supernatural Being Are You?

Betty got A Ghost..

You're a ghost.You are independant at most times,although you seek acceptance.People usually misunderstand you.You are a loyal person and are there for people you care about even though you might not get the same gratitude in return.'

'What Greek God/Goddess are you?

Betty got Artemis.

You are a maiden that has realized how fickle and ridiculous relationships are and you have taken a solomn oath to never fall in love and to stay a maiden forever. You will make your own life and will not tolarate any man's interference. You are a strong and confident individual and you will not let that change. You are the sacred huntress of the forest, the goddess Artemis.'

(that's all from my profile, I've not stolen anyone's personal info) ;)

I did do one out of Interest one day. It was 'What animal are you'. I filled It all In and It came back that I was a Fox. Then I lost the will to live with them all. By the way, My husband said can you send him some glass In Gardens ? LOL...

That's another hate of mine.. LOL ... arggg

Return to “General Chit Chat”