Who?

Discuss the latest political news.
Ahso!

Who?

Post by Ahso! »

As it stands presently, I don't want to vote for Obama again, and since Romney appears to be the choice of the republican party, I've been taking a serious look at the guy. Of all those running for the gop nomination, my first choice would be the former NM governor Gary Johnson, my second pick is Huntsman, third would be Ron Paul, Romney takes fourth place IMO. The first three don't have a snowballs chance in hell of taking the nomination and perhaps American's Elect will have something to say about that still. Unless some miracle occurs, we're all stuck with either Obama or Romney as our two choices.

So i'm looking into Romney and> Romney Robo-Caller's White Nationalist Controversy | Mother Jones pops up. I understand this sort of thing is probably helpful in order to garner more support from the right, and Romney is not shamed by that fact because that's what it takes to get the nomination though the others I've mentioned haven't scrapped the barrel bottom for this kind of smut-loving-redneck, but boy-oh-boy am I disappointed by Romney's ethics.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
K.Snyder

Who?

Post by K.Snyder »

I apologize if you have mentioned it before and I missed it but why have you been so turned off of Obama?

Short or long answer will work for me :yh_bigsmi
Ahso!

Who?

Post by Ahso! »

He's lied about almost everything from marijuana, to capitulating to republicans, to forming what I consider a horrible administration in most areas. Obama has proven to be more of a republican than a democrat. If he had his druthers we would remain in Iraq.

For all I know, a second term may be exactly what I'd wish from the guy due to not worrying about reelection again, but I doubt that.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
K.Snyder

Who?

Post by K.Snyder »

Ahso!;1375034 wrote: He's lied about almost everything from marijuana, to capitulating to republicans, to forming what I consider a horrible administration in most areas. Obama has proven to be more of a republican than a democrat. If he had his druthers we would remain in Iraq.

For all I know, a second term may be exactly what I'd wish from the guy due to not worrying about reelection again, but I doubt that.All things considered if a republican won office then we'd remain in Iraq for another 100 years, or was I mistaken with that?

I don't think his task in office is so black and white that he'd patronize his own base to an extent that he'd overwhelmingly be labeled "more of a republican than a democrat"...His bargaining is a bit questionable but Ahso! voting in a republican is the last thing we need...

Issue 2 in Ohio might have been shut down but if anyone were to look it wasn't shut down nearly as decisively as I would have expected. That alone shows just how threatened the middle class is from these apes...

The only thing I cannot understand is why these people still vote for these nutters(Yes, it squeezed it's way into me brain)...
flopstock

Who?

Post by flopstock »

Ron Paul won the Illinois straw poll.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Who?

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1375040 wrote: Ron Paul won the Illinois straw poll.If Paul wins the nomination, which I seriously doubt, I'll vote for him.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Who?

Post by flopstock »

Ahso!;1375042 wrote: If Paul wins the nomination, which I seriously doubt, I'll vote for him.

See, that's the problem in a nutshell and the County Republican leader made a similar comment - she didn't think he could actually carry the vote. But the thing of it is, he out performed the other two here. So if they can 't carry a straw poll, what chance would they have in a general election as compared to him.

My view is that if everyone quit worrying about wasting their vote, the guy actually could stand a decent chance.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Who?

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1375042 wrote: If Paul wins the nomination, which I seriously doubt, I'll vote for him.

flopstock;1375045 wrote: See, that's the problem in a nutshell and the County Republican leader made a similar comment - she didn't think he could actually carry the vote. But the thing of it is, he out performed the other two here. So if they can 't carry a straw poll, what chance would they have in a general election as compared to him.

My view is that if everyone quit worrying about wasting their vote, the guy actually could stand a decent chance.

Whoop Whoop, Ron Paul for President. Although I am sure the main stream (religous right) Republicans would hate for him to get the nomination.
along-for-the-ride

Who?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Is Ralph Nader going to give it another try?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
CARLA

Who?

Post by CARLA »

I would vote for Ron Paul if he won the nomination as well not likely to happen.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

jallytony

Who?

Post by jallytony »

i would not vote for Obama,too.for some reasons...
LarsMac

Who?

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1375034 wrote: He's lied about almost everything ...

Duh!

Politician.

Ahso!;1375034 wrote:

...am I disappointed by Romney's ethics.

See above.

Sorry, I have become so completely jaded about the American Political scene.

Nobody gets into a position to run for any significant office without compromising their ethics (assuming they started out with some.)

You need to get past that and decide which of those conniving, back-stabbing, morally deficient nincompoops will actually do something right while they are in office.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
K.Snyder

Who?

Post by K.Snyder »

I believe I just read 4 posts by 4 individuals suggesting they would vote for Ron Paul. 2 of which is a decisive yes and another two if I were to count as a 1/2 would be a very strong 3 votes out of 4 for Ron Paul...

I'm only wondering if Ron Paul is considered a legitimate candidate for 2012 and 2016...At the end of his 2nd term he'll be roughly 2 months into his approach to age 86 before he's duly relinquished of his duties...

It's candy and nuts to like to live but I've also expected to live to be 113 but that ****** not gonna happen

Return to “Current Political Events”