Zuma asks African leaders to dump West's economic model

A forum to discuss local issues in Asia, Africa, and the rest of the world.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

South Africa’s president, Jacob Zuma, yesterday called on his counterparts on the continent to ditch economic models offshore and stick to home-grown economic ideas to pull Africa from the woods.

Zuma’s call came on the heels of an earlier speech by former vice president Atiku Abubakar, recalling his ordeal as vice president to ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo.

The South African leader said the economic crisis facing the west has put a question mark on their economic approach, which a few years ago was held as sacrosanct.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I think it's really good to see Nigerians trying to institute a free press for themselves, if this is what it claims to be:

Leadership is not a regional or sectional paper. It is a national paper symbolically embedded in the nation's capital.

We shall stand up for good governance.

We shall defend the interests of the Nigerian state even against its leaders and we shall raise our pen at all times in defense of what is right. These are the values by which we intend to be assessed.

We shall never, ever, for any reason forget the noble reason of our coming into being:

For God and Country!

(From the "About us" section of the newspaper or ezine quoted by Bruv)

Now that is a noble aspiration and I wish them the best of luck. For as long as that remains the aspiration.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."

Return to “Other Regions”