Babe Of The Day.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

Babe Of The Day.

Post by jones jones »

I have like a gazillion gazillion images of 1920s, 1930s, 1940s & 1950s Hollywood actresses.

So here is my beautifullest babe of the day ...

Barbara Stanwyck.

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Snooz

Babe Of The Day.

Post by Snooz »

Have you ever heard of The Big Valley? She was in her late 50s when the show started, look how great she looks:

I had heard she was gay and found this little tidbit on her wiki page:

In 1941, while making the Preston Sturges film The Lady Eve with co-star Henry Fonda, Stanwyck and Fonda had a tempestuous affair, which was kept secret at the time. Years later, Fonda confided to his then fourth wife Afdera that "Barbara was ... gay [and had] no inhibitions. She'd do anything in bed to please a man." Taylor himself reportedly had affairs during the marriage. When Stanwyck learned of Taylor's fling with Lana Turner, she filed for divorce in 1950 when a starlet made Turner's romance with Taylor public. The decree was granted on February 21, 1951. After the divorce, they acted together in Stanwyck's last feature film The Night Walker (1964). Stanwyck never remarried, collecting alimony of 15 percent of Taylor's salary until Taylor's death in 1969.

Stanwyck had an affair with actor Robert Wagner, whom she met on the set of Titanic. Wagner, who was 22, and Stanwyck, who was 45 at the beginning of the affair, had a four-year romance, as described in Wagner's 2008 memoir, Pieces of My Heart. Stanwyck broke off the relationship.

Doesn't sound very gay to me...
jones jones

Babe Of The Day.

Post by jones jones »

SnoozeAgain;1381175 wrote: Have you ever heard of The Big Valley? She was in her late 50s when the show started, look how great she looks:

I had heard she was gay and found this little tidbit on her wiki page:

Doesn't sound very gay to me...

Yeah I think I did see this series ... Gay? Not likely~!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Gentle Brother

Babe Of The Day.

Post by Gentle Brother »

jones jones;1381172 wrote: I have like a gazillion gazillion images of 1920s, 1930s, 1940s & 1950s Hollywood actresses.

So here is my beautifullest babe of the day ...

Barbara Stanwyck.

Yes, a true beauty. Not someone you'd immediately bracket with the screen legends like Hepburn and Pickford, but she could certainly hold her own in the looks department.
along-for-the-ride

Babe Of The Day.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I've read several articles about Ms. Stanwyk.. Her co-actors said she was a true professional; arrived on time, knew her lines..that sort of thing. Her sexual preferences are moot, she was a great actress. Watch her on the screen sometime. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Galbally

Babe Of The Day.

Post by Galbally »

How did you know?, Barbara Stanwyck is my all time favourite old-time movie star; god she was sexy.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
jones jones

Babe Of The Day.

Post by jones jones »

along-for-the-ride;1381309 wrote: I've read several articles about Ms. Stanwyk.. Her co-actors said she was a true professional; arrived on time, knew her lines..that sort of thing. Her sexual preferences are moot, she was a great actress. Watch her on the screen sometime. :)

There have always been questions about her sexuality which adds to the mystique surrounding this beautiful lady. I have watched her many times and stand in awe of her beauty.
jones jones

Babe Of The Day.

Post by jones jones »

You're a guy ... I'm a guy. Guys love sexy ladies and she is right up there!
YZGI

Babe Of The Day.

Post by YZGI »

I always thought she had a bit of a manly voice.
Ahso!

Babe Of The Day.

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1381515 wrote: I always thought she had a bit of a manly voice.I suspect she was a smoker.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “General Chit Chat”