Whitney's Gone!

Accountable

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Accountable »

Publicist: Singing superstar Whitney Houston dies - Entertainment - Music - TODAY.com

We'll Miss You. :-1
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies - Entertainment - Movies - TODAY.com

This Is a sad, sad loss.

What a shame.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Patsy Warnick

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Very Sad - drugs - we are all affected by the terrible drug epidemic by one way or another.

Whitney will be missed.

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Patsy Warnick;1384251 wrote: Very Sad - drugs - we are all affected by the terrible drug epidemic by one way or another.

Whitney will be missed.

Patsy

As yet they do not know what the cause Is.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Whitney's Gone!

Post by LarsMac »

Sadly, it is far too easy to reach the conclusion that drug abuse was the cause.

Given what we have heard in the gossip rags, and such, it seems all too likely that if not the the cause, drugs were a contributing factor.

Her beautiful voice gone forever.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

LarsMac;1384258 wrote: Sadly, it is far too easy to reach the conclusion that drug abuse was the cause.

Given what we have heard in the gossip rags, and such, it seems all too likely that if not the the cause, drugs were a contributing factor.

Her beautiful voice gone forever. I do so hate It when people draw conclusions before an autopsy has even begun.

It was the same with Amy Whinehouse and those who jumped to conclusions were proved wrong.

Yes, she had a history of drug abuse but she also suffered with anorexia. The two combined could have led to a heart attack or organ failure. I'll wait for the official autopsy report before I make assumptions.......... Either way........ It's a sad loss. I loved her.
Betty Boop

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Betty Boop »

Nooooo. that's awful news, such a voice!
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Betty Boop;1384264 wrote: Nooooo. that's awful news, such a voice! You're up late ????
Betty Boop

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1384265 wrote: You're up late ????

Just in from partying, celebrating a friends birthday the same age as Whitney herself, surprised I can type :wah:
flopstock

Whitney's Gone!

Post by flopstock »

At first I thought you meant the new TV show, just excellent, IMO

I loved the Bodyguard movie just for the soundtract.

She had a beautiful voice.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Patsy Warnick

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I'll take that jump - Amy W. also died from drugs & alcohol abuse, as soooooo many others are on that list.

I wish I was as perfect as you Oscar.

What else is killing the young talents ?

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Patsy Warnick;1384268 wrote: I'll take that jump - Amy W. also died from drugs & alcohol abuse, as soooooo many others are on that list.

I wish I was as perfect as you Oscar.

What else is killing the young talents ?

Patsy

Amy Whinehouse had alcohol In her system but no Illegal substances. She died as a result of drug and alcohol abuse over a long period of time which contributed to her poor health, but It was not the cause of death.

Whitney battled anorexia which puts enormous strain on the organs.

The top 12 scary thin celebrities

You're probably right Patsy, no doubt the drugs contributed to her death nut at this stage It could be anything.
Patsy Warnick

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I'll take another jump - Neither Whitney or Amy W. died of OLD AGE.

Alcohol is a drug - legal, yes - it's still a drug.

Whitney was at Beverly Hilton Hotel - authorities stated Whitney wreaked of alcohol & tobacco.

Whitney recently made a movie which will be released August 2012.

Again this is sad news.

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Patsy Warnick;1384272 wrote: I'll take another jump - Neither Whitney or Amy W. died of OLD AGE.

Alcohol is a drug - legal, yes - it's still a drug.

Whitney was at Beverly Hilton Hotel - authorities stated Whitney wreaked of alcohol & tobacco.

Whitney recently made a movie which will be released August 2012.

Again this is sad news.

Patsy

I am very anti alcohol Patsy.... sadly, young talent such as Whitney and Amy turn to alcohol and drugs to cope with being In the spot light. I'm afraid that part of It with young talent will never change.
koan

Whitney's Gone!

Post by koan »

48?

Damn. Seems like she was drinking wrong or sumpthin'

A lot of people do drugs and drink and live well beyond 48. Just seems weird.

She was one of two people who can sing "I Will Always Love You" and actually sound good so...

That's kinda good.

That's all I've got.

oh, and **** Bobby Brown. *******.
theia

Whitney's Gone!

Post by theia »

What an incredible voice she had.

RIP Whitney
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Snooz

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Snooz »

My reaction when I saw the news was "what!?!" then "well, that's not really a surprise" and then fond memories of her beauty and talent. Waiting to Exhale is one of my favorite "sister" movies, at the risk of sounding racist.
Accountable

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Accountable »

I would've thought you meant sister as in sisterhood. No matter.

48 is too young. Her daughter is grown but still too young to lose her mom.
Snooz

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Snooz »

Maybe I should have spelled it 'sista'. I've got a thing for Angela Bassett. :o
Bruv

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Bruv »

Looks, fame, and money don't bring happiness.

Such a sad and premature death
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
fuzzywuzzy

Whitney's Gone!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'd heard her sing on telly about two years ago and thought what a shame her voice had gone. It wasn't as strong or beautiful. I think she died a long time ago, she just happened to be still walking around.

RIP.
Scrat

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Scrat »

I don't feel so bad about calling it as I see it. She's not a total loser, she can still serve as a bad example. A lifetime of drug abuse does things like this. I pity her.
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Scrat;1384317 wrote: I don't feel so bad about calling it as I see it. She's not a total loser, she can still serve as a bad example. A lifetime of drug abuse does things like this. I pity her. The problem with any alcohol or drug abuse Is that even when the user gets clean, they have already damaged their organs during their addiction. Celebs go to re-hab, get clean and even spend years clean In some cases. They think they are out of the woods but the damage Is still there. Even one heavy relapse can lead to organ failure and some just don't get this. Once you have abused alcohol or drugs and got clean, your organs can continue to deteriorate.
Patsy Warnick

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Scrat

I don't feel bad calling it as I see it either.

Oscar - your assuming Whitney was clean.

What ever the demons were Whitney was running from - she's now free - and hopefully at peace.

Did any one ever watch the reality show with Whitney & Bobby Brown? What a disaster.

Tonights the Grammy's - I'm sure the program has had to switch to a tribute of some kind to Whitney & the extended famous family.

Patsy
Snooz

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Snooz »

Rumor on another forum has it that she was in the tub getting ready for a Grammy party or something and that she possibly fell and busted her head. That sounds better than it being drugs and/or alcohol related.
Saint_

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Saint_ »

According to Yahoo, she was:

1. Doing handstands by the pool and security had to be called earlier in the day.

2. Wandering aimlessly in the lobby.

3. Was reeking of alcohol and was disheveled.

4. Was wearing mismatched clothes. (How they know, with Hollywood fashion as it is, I have no idea.)

5. Almost got in a fight at a nightclub the night before.

6. Left that nightclub with blood on her legs and scratches all over her arms.

She was a train wreck. Cocaine will do that to people. Personally, I started to feel sorry for her for a moment this morning...then I suddenly realized that this was a woman who had literally had it all and had blown it all away through sheer stupidity.

Sorry, she gets no sympathy from me.:yh_bye
theia

Whitney's Gone!

Post by theia »

Saint_;1384353 wrote: According to Yahoo, she was:

1. Doing handstands by the pool and security had to be called earlier in the day.

2. Wandering aimlessly in the lobby.

3. Was reeking of alcohol and was disheveled.

4. Was wearing mismatched clothes. (How they know, with Hollywood fashion as it is, I have no idea.)

5. Almost got in a fight at a nightclub the night before.

6. Left that nightclub with blood on her legs and scratches all over her arms.

She was a train wreck. Cocaine will do that to people. Personally, I started to feel sorry for her for a moment this morning...then I suddenly realized that this was a woman who had literally had it all and had blown it all away through sheer stupidity.

Sorry, she gets no sympathy from me.:yh_bye

But sadly it appears that she didn't have peace of mind, which has to be part of the "all."
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Whitney's Gone!

Post by spot »

Yet another victim of the corporate record industry, may it rot.

I've tried hard to recall a single occasion when anything Ms Houston did either entertained or impressed me. Nothing has sprung to mind. She purveyed untrue sentimental claptrap. She has, the news reports say, a host of successors. I doubt whether they have entertained or impressed me either.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Bruv »

spot;1384410 wrote: Yet another victim of the corporate record industry, may it rot.

I've tried hard to recall a single occasion when anything Ms Houston did either entertained or impressed me. Nothing has sprung to mind. She purveyed untrue sentimental claptrap. She has, the news reports say, a host of successors. I doubt whether they have entertained or impressed me either.

No sympathy for those left behind ???????????????????????
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Patsy Warnick;1384323 wrote: Scrat

I don't feel bad calling it as I see either.

Oscar - your assuming Whitney was clean.

What ever the demons were Whitney was running from - she's now free - and hopefully at peace.

Did any one ever watch the reality show with Whitney & Bobby Brown? What a disaster.

Tonights the Grammy's - I'm sure the program has had to switch to a tribute of some kind to Whitney & the extended famous family.

Patsy

I didn't say I assumed she was clean Patsy... I was giving a broad generalisation of alcohol and drug abuse when people who have got clean think health wise, they are out of the woods.

A good example of this was Mama Cass. She had got clean, stayed clean, and one relapse In her hotel room, she had a heart attack.
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Bruv;1384411 wrote: No sympathy for those left behind ???????????????????????

The revolting Bobby Brown went on with his show last night and told the audience the show must go on.......... How about getting home to comfort your kid ???? Twat
Patsy Warnick

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Now the daughter has been rushed to the hospital - what a mess. Bobby B. has finally decided to fly to L.A. to be by his daughters side. What a A**.

Oscar - Mama Cass was 400 lbs. and a diabetic, another train wreck in the industry.

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Patsy Warnick;1384425 wrote: Now the daughter has been rushed to the hospital - what a mess. Bobby B. has finally decided to fly to L.A. to be by his daughters side. What a A**.

Oscar - Mama Cass was 400 lbs. and a diabetic, another train wreck in the industry.

Patsy

Yes, I know Patsy but the night she died, she had taken a small amount of heroin alone In her hotel room after being clean for some time. I'm going by a documentary I saw. Another sad loss.... what a voice ?

As for BB... what a twat ?? I suppose he'll do the circuit now commanding money for Interviews
Patsy Warnick

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

As I stated the list of young talent in the industry who have died is long.

Obviously no one learns - they have the habit under control - "it" won't happen to them attitude.

Your right BB will do the circuit for money or try to - who wants to hear him? Can't stand him.

Here Bobby - here's another "line" for ya.

I have no interest - no respect for BB.

The autopsy is done - authorities refuse to release results. Authorities call it a security hold...?

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Patsy Warnick;1384427 wrote: As I stated the list of young talent in the industry who have died is long.

Obviously no one learns - they have the habit under control - "it" won't happen to them attitude.

Your right BB will do the circuit for money or try to - who wants to hear him? Can't stand him.

Here Bobby - here's another "line" for ya.

I have no interest - no respect for BB.

The autopsy is done - authorities refuse to release results. Authorities call it a security hold...?

Patsy

It would be a wonderful gesture by all TV stations and media outlets to boycott BB.
Patsy Warnick

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

and the family should boycott BB.

can't stand him.....

Oscar - it's nice we agree on some thing.

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

Patsy Warnick;1384429 wrote: and the family should boycott BB.

can't stand him.....

Oscar - it's nice we agree on some thing.

Patsy

Agreed.

Does this mean the wife batterer Is now going to have soul custody of that poor child ?
flopstock

Whitney's Gone!

Post by flopstock »

I think jennifer hudson did a nice job tonight
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Patsy Warnick

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I agree Flop - Jennifer did a good job & stayed composed.

I cried

What a baby..!

Patsy
koan

Whitney's Gone!

Post by koan »

It was touching but I still think only Whitney and Dolly ever performed that song properly. Dolly being the best.
spot

Whitney's Gone!

Post by spot »

I was disagreed with last night about the "untrue sentimental claptrap". If anyone would like to name even one of her songs in which the lyrics aren't, I'll go and see. I know of none.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

spot;1384448 wrote: I was disagreed with last night about the "untrue sentimental claptrap". If anyone would like to name even one of her songs in which the lyrics aren't, I'll go and see. I know of none.

Who cares what her lyrics contained ? What you're now an authority on Black soul queens are you Spot..

She brought pleasure to millions of people and more Importantly, Inspired young girls all over the world........... Who gives a toss what you think about her ? You are who ????
spot

Whitney's Gone!

Post by spot »

oscar;1384451 wrote: Who cares what her lyrics contained ? What you're now an authority on Black soul queens are you Spot..

She brought pleasure to millions of people and more Importantly, Inspired young girls all over the world........... Who gives a toss what you think about her ? You are who ????

Someone to whom "Who cares what her lyrics contained", when discussing a singer, is anathema. Name a song, let's see whether the lyrics have any honesty about them, let's see whether they relate to the real world.
Oscar Namechange

Whitney's Gone!

spot;1384452 wrote: Someone to whom "Who cares what her lyrics contained", when discussing a singer, is anathema. Name a song, let's see whether the lyrics have any honesty about them, let's see whether they relate to the real world. I have a better Idea.... Why don't you leave this thread for those who appreciated her? I have no Interest In your opinion or challenge....
spot

Whitney's Gone!

Post by spot »

oscar;1384453 wrote: Why don't you leave this thread for those who appreciated her?Why would I do that? A singer has died after spending her entire adult life at the dictate of the corporate record industry. Discussing the carnage the corporate record industry inflicts on those it entraps is a reasonable response.

The drivel and lies the corporate record industry uses to bedazzle "millions of people", among whom you focus on "young girls all over the world", is at the core of this week's tragedy and the "oh poor Whitney what a waste of a voice" we're being subject to. We could, for example, compare the independent record movement and see whether artists live more comfortably under that alternative system.

Perhaps the independent record movement employs fewer lies and deceptions and avoids the glamour. "Glamour", you'll remember, carries "A magical or fictitious beauty attaching to any person or object; a delusive or alluring charm" at its root. In that sense we could say the corporate record industry is spellbinding.

oscar wrote: I have no Interest In your opinion or challenge.... Then why on earth reply to my post in the first place? I didn't post at you. You replied to a post I made in this thread. The challenge is entirely your own, it's not of my doing.
flopstock

Whitney's Gone!

Post by flopstock »

koan;1384446 wrote: It was touching but I still think only Whitney and Dolly ever performed that song properly. Dolly being the best.

I wonder if they asked dolly? she just sang in a recent movie, but I'm not sure if she has the same chops she used to... definitely would have been interesting to hear.

Accountable

Whitney's Gone!

Post by Accountable »

flopstock;1384456 wrote: I wonder if they asked dolly? she just sang in a recent movie, but I'm not sure if she has the same chops she used to... definitely would have been interesting to hear.
Yes, but a completely different flavor. Dolly's version was a soft ballad. Jennifer's version was closer to Whitney's.
flopstock

Whitney's Gone!

Post by flopstock »

Accountable;1384458 wrote: Yes, but a completely different flavor. Dolly's version was a soft ballad. Jennifer's version was closer to Whitney's.

Our radio station was playing Whitneys version on my way into work and I had to sit in the car until it finished. It is still beautiful and sad.

LarsMac

Whitney's Gone!

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1384410 wrote: Yet another victim of the corporate record industry, may it rot.

I never cared much for many of the songs she recorded, but her voice was remarkable.

Sadly, she was too often in the news for the wrong reasons.

As you say,

Yet another victim of the corporate record industry, may it rot.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Whitney's Gone!

Post by LarsMac »

koan;1384275 wrote: 48?

Damn. Seems like she was drinking wrong or sumpthin'

A lot of people do drugs and drink and live well beyond 48. Just seems weird.

She was one of two people who can sing "I Will Always Love You" and actually sound good so...

That's kinda good.

That's all I've got.

oh, and **** Bobby Brown. *******.

I have known several people who fell to mixing things like Xanax and alcohol.

Of course sleeping in the bathtub is a bad idea, as well.

All together, that makes a pretty deadly trio.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Music”