The times when it seems that God is not there.

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

There are times in my life that it seems God is just not there. Empty void horrible times. Oh I have family and friends, but my heart longs for the unknown God! I write so much about God being real, and I long for that realness.

The God who hides himself.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

God is always here. Sometimes we are so busy thrashing about that we cannot hear his reply.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1387067 wrote: God is always here. Sometimes we are so busy thrashing about that we cannot hear his reply.

I have never heard Gods voice; but I certainly would listen to him if he did decide to speak to me.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1387074 wrote: I have never heard Gods voice; but I certainly would listen to him if he did decide to speak to me.

You must first listen.

We all think we will shut up and listen when he speaks, but he speaks all the time, we seldom truly listen.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1387075 wrote: You must first listen.

We all think we will shut up and listen when he speaks, but he speaks all the time, we seldom truly listen.

I don't really think I rightly know how to listen to a God who does not verbally speak. I can listen to my own consciousness, and it can deceive me into thinking anything is masquerading as the voice of God. But I believe God is there; somewhere.
theia

Post by theia »

Mickiel;1387119 wrote: I don't really think I rightly know how to listen to a God who does not verbally speak. I can listen to my own consciousness, and it can deceive me into thinking anything is masquerading as the voice of God. But I believe God is there; somewhere.

Perhaps God is in those fleeting moments of all encompassing love that we can all feel from time to time?
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

theia;1387120 wrote: Perhaps God is in those fleeting moments of all encompassing love that we can all feel from time to time?

Perhaps he is; I just hope hes there somewhere.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Truly he is a God who hides himself; I really believe that.

Why he does that, I have no idea.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I often wonder what God is really like, and if he is personally aware of each of us? Because there has been and is now, so many of us.

What is man that God is mindful of him? And how mindful is he of each of us?
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1387957 wrote: I often wonder what God is really like, and if he is personally aware of each of us? Because there has been and is now, so many of us.

What is man that God is mindful of him? And how mindful is he of each of us?

Was man not created in the image of god? So if you believe the bible literally look in the mirror and also view your inner self. If you are not a fundamentalist have fun working out which particular interpretation you want to believe.

You weren't put on earth to be happy and to make sure people weren't god gave them religion so man could always be sure of something to fight over. He also gave them of irony to make sure fundamentalists would never be able to work out what he had done. If god exists he has a wicked sense of humour.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1387962 wrote: Was man not created in the image of god? So if you believe the bible literally look in the mirror and also view your inner self. If you are not a fundamentalist have fun working out which particular interpretation you want to believe.

You weren't put on earth to be happy and to make sure people weren't god gave them religion so man could always be sure of something to fight over. He also gave them of irony to make sure fundamentalists would never be able to work out what he had done. If god exists he has a wicked sense of humour.

I tend to think God exist, and I think he has a sense of humor; I don't see wickedness in my view of God, but I think he certainly has done things that can be interpited as wicked, according to how one looks at it. I have done wicked things myself in this life, but I don't view myself as wicked, neither do my friends or family. I have seen my friends and family do wicked things, but I know in their hearts, that they are not wicked people.

So I think it barrells down to really " Knowing how God is."
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

As the desire for God increases, some eyes will clear up and see that God is not here. They may pacify themselves with amplified belief and traditions, but pacification of self does not produce the real God.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

God has kept silent for a long time with humanity; I often wonder when he will speak?
Infinite Stop

Post by Infinite Stop »

Mickiel;1387061 wrote: There are times in my life that it seems God is just not there. Empty void horrible times. Oh I have family and friends, but my heart longs for the unknown God! I write so much about God being real, and I long for that realness.

The God who hides himself.

Would you recognize the creator if you saw It? What signs are you looking for?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Infinite Stop;1388772 wrote: Would you recognize the creator if you saw It? What signs are you looking for?

I don't know if I would reconise the creator if I saw him. The signs I am looking for is personal intervention in my life and a robust opening of my consciousness concerning the creator.
Infinite Stop

Post by Infinite Stop »

Mickiel;1388775 wrote: I don't know if I would reconise the creator if I saw him. The signs I am looking for is personal intervention in my life and a robust opening of my consciousness concerning the creator.

Based on what you said here, I'd say you're the smartest one in here. :)
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Infinite Stop;1388778 wrote: Based on what you said here, I'd say you're the smartest one in here. :)

Well I doubt that, but thank you anyhow.

Peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I would like to speak with God one day, I am not asking to see him, I doubt any human could survive that. But just to hear from him would be quite something.

Kind of frightens me really.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I often wonder just what God is really like and I totally exclude the opinions of religious men on this query. Will he ever again speak to a man or woman? Will he speak to a group? At times it seems hes not going to do either, not anytime soon. The whole physical creation moans because of this; and I moan because of it.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Where is God, that we are mindful of him? What is he doing now? Who is he talking to?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

It often seems like God is not here, and I really believe he is not. I don't think God would have all this crap going on in earth to even be in his pressence.
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

My dear Mickiel,

God is always talking to you and me. Get a stet and try listening to your heart sounds. What do you hear? God says every other second of the time to," Lub gud...lub gud...lub gud..lub gud.. lub gud."

Yours truly,

Rajakrsna
Om namo bagavate vasudevaya, " God is the Cause of All causes."
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

rajakrsna;1389199 wrote: My dear Mickiel,

God is always talking to you and me. Get a stet and try listening to your heart sounds. What do you hear? God says every other second of the time to," Lub gud...lub gud...lub gud..lub gud.. lub gud."

Yours truly,

Rajakrsna

God has never spoken to me. I admit that I am not the most sane man in the world, but I think I know when and how I am spoken to.

I certainly would like for God to speak to me, it would be a life changing event; if I survived it!
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

Mickiel;1389296 wrote: God has never spoken to me. I admit that I am not the most sane man in the world, but I think I know when and how I am spoken to.

I certainly would like for God to speak to me, it would be a life changing event; if I survived it!

Here`s looking at you kid ( smiling ).
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

We can question God, no doubt there, if the questions are respectful and sane. I wouldnot approach God in arrogance or sillyness. We can ask;" Where are you in my life?" In this world? And I think we need to do that more and more, plead for his return; for him to reveal himself to you and this world, and do that from now on without giving up on that prayer request.
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

Mickiel;1389527 wrote: We can question God, no doubt there, if the questions are respectful and sane. I wouldnot approach God in arrogance or sillyness. We can ask;" Where are you in my life?" In this world? And I think we need to do that more and more, plead for his return; for him to reveal himself to you and this world, and do that from now on without giving up on that prayer request.

Do you have a friend or did you use to have a friend named Melvin? By the way, the words, " here`s looking at you kid " came from this film starred by Humphrey Bogart & Ingrid Bergman.

Here's Looking At You, Kid - Casablanca (5/6) Movie CLIP (1942) HD - YouTube
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

rajakrsna;1389530 wrote: Do you have a friend or did you use to have a friend named Melvin? By the way, the words, " here`s looking at you kid " came from this film starred by Humphrey Bogart & Ingrid Bergman.

Here's Looking At You, Kid - Casablanca (5/6) Movie CLIP (1942) HD - YouTube

I don't have a friend named Melvin.

In Isaiah 42:14" I have kept silent for a long time, I have kept still and restrained myself." Here is a possible key to Gods current behavior; and why he is not speaking to humanity. He may well be restraining himself; but WHY? Well all we can do is quess why. Or search the scriptures for clues. And I want to spend some time on these.
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

Mickiel;1389546 wrote: I don't have a friend named Melvin.

Well, he`s your friend now.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

rajakrsna;1389549 wrote: Well, he`s your friend now.

Well I do not reject offers of friendship; although I do not know him, tell him I wish him peace.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Interestingly, the bible hints at the attitude of many people during the end times, will be one of thinking that " God is not here."
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

Mickiel;1390929 wrote: Interestingly, the bible hints at the attitude of many people during the end times, will be one of thinking that " God is not here."

It happened in Sodom & Gomorrah when her people said, " God is not here."
Savage

Post by Savage »

rajakrsna;1390961 wrote: It happened in Sodom & Gomorrah when her people said, " God is not here."
You actually believe that truly happened?
Townes

Post by Townes »

The only place Sodom and Gomorrah are mentioned is the Bible. There is no archeological or historical evidence that they ever existed in the first place.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Townes;1391390 wrote: The only place Sodom and Gomorrah are mentioned is the Bible. There is no archeological or historical evidence that they ever existed in the first place.

Indeed.

But, sadly, a lot of people still rely on the premise that what's in the bible is true.

Welcome btw.
Townes

Post by Townes »

Savage;1391395 wrote:

Welcome btw.
Thank you :)
Savage

Post by Savage »

Townes;1391401 wrote: Thank you :)

Pretty new here myself. Quite some characters here.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Living without Gods Holy Spirit is a ripping experience; at times it tears me apart.

How I long for his reality.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I certainly respect God and would like to know him; he must be quite something.

He holds the key to my locked up heart.
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

Mickiel;1392461 wrote: I certainly respect God and would like to know him; he must be quite something.

He holds the key to my locked up heart.

Are you a girl or boy? because it makes a difference to God if you are. his approach is different if your a boy or girl.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

rajakrsna;1392462 wrote: Are you a girl or boy? because it makes a difference to God if you are. his approach is different if your a boy or girl.

I am male, and in my view, it makes no difference to God. But if you wish to explain what you mean in detail , I will listen.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

At times it just seems like God is not there; thats why humans have no faith; its like the storm before the calm, and the setting of the Sun.
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

Mickiel;1393090 wrote: At times it just seems like God is not there; thats why humans have no faith; its like the storm before the calm, and the setting of the Sun.

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Have you ever tried to escape from the thought of God? Its a simple matter to run from what is not reality, but I have seen no route to run from God that has been ethical, real or accomplished. Even those who think they have escaped from him, still do not totally dismiss him in their consciousness.
gmc

Post by gmc »

John Lennon - Imagine (official video) - YouTube

Sometimes when you listen to the religious you realise god if he exists he's probably not talking through them and if he is god help us all.

posted by mickiel

Have you ever tried to escape from the thought of God? Its a simple matter to run from what is not reality, but I have seen no route to run from God that has been ethical, real or accomplished. Even those who think they have escaped from him, still do not totally dismiss him in their consciousness.

So you think god is a thought and has no existence apart from you? Did the pagan gods die when people stopped worshipping them? Joking aside don;t try to escape from god too hard -you need to be careful, freethinkers have long been persecuted by in the name of religion by those with so little faith they need to force conformity.

rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

Mickiel;1393454 wrote: Have you ever tried to escape from the thought of God? Its a simple matter to run from what is not reality, but I have seen no route to run from God that has been ethical, real or accomplished. Even those who think they have escaped from him, still do not totally dismiss him in their consciousness.

Have you ever wondered why if you will it ( use of the brain ) you ca not stop your heart from beating? It`s because your heart is not dependent on your brain to run it. If your heart were God & you want to forget God you will never be able to stop thinking of God. The noise for a while may damp God`s voice in a crowd all day & yet it wont stop God from letting you forget him in silence. When you hear clearly your heart beating telling you to: " Lubgud...lubgud...lubgud...lubgud... lubgud...lubgud"

Note: If you use a stethoscope to hear how your heart sounds, a physician will tell you that it sounds this way: " Lubdub...lubdub..lubdub...lubdub...lubdub..." Or is it the above that`s correct?
gmc

Post by gmc »

rajakrsna;1393484 wrote: Have you ever wondered why if you will it ( use of the brain ) you ca not stop your heart from beating? It`s because your heart is not dependent on your brain to run it. If your heart were God & you want to forget God you will never be able to stop thinking of God. The noise for a while may damp God`s voice in a crowd all day & yet it wont stop God from letting you forget him in silence. When you hear clearly your heart beating telling you to: " Lubgud...lubgud...lubgud...lubgud... lubgud...lubgud"

Note: If you use a stethoscope to hear how your heart sounds, a physician will tell you that it sounds this way: " Lubdub...lubdub..lubdub...lubdub...lubdub..." Or is it the above that`s correct?

You can slow your heart rate down if you want to. As to whether you can stop your heart beating how do you know it is not simply that those who managed it haven't been able to work out how to start it again in time - it's not as though you can practice is it. Their last thought was probably Oh bugger I didn't think this through. Have you ever managed to empty your brain of thought?
theia

Post by theia »

gmc;1393524 wrote: You can slow your heart rate down if you want to. As to whether you can stop your heart beating how do you know it is not simply that those who managed it haven't been able to work out how to start it again in time - it's not as though you can practice is it. Their last thought was probably Oh bugger I didn't think this through. Have you ever managed to empty your brain of thought?

This can happen in meditation
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

gmc;1393524 wrote: Their last thought was probably Oh bugger I didn't think this through. Have you ever managed to empty your brain of thought?

I`m not into Buddhism.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Although I personally believe that God is actually hiding himself from humanity now, even with that, much of humanity is still somewhat aware of him. Imagine what it would be like if God revealed himself to all? TOTALLY oppisite effect! We all would personally be aware of him and convinced of him, no doubt about it. We see through a dark glass now, and STILL can see SOMETHING! Still can sense God. This tells me just how real and powerful Gods reality must be!

Hes hiding himself, and we STILL can sense him; somewhat. Theres something to that.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

In Isaiah 42:14 God tells a sinning nation that he has kept silent for a long time and restrained himself. Here we see a definte charactheristic of God; patience and longsuffering, and keeping quiet toward humans and their sins; even restraining himself, meaning there are times that even he wants to intervene, but keeps himself from doing it because he has a far better overall plan; and that plan requires that he remains distant and silent. This is yet another reason that it seems like God is not there; because he's not, by his own will.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”