Political Satire: A short dialogue with Colbert and God

Political photo parodies, jokes, and more!
kanacteeol

Post by kanacteeol »

I haven't really done a lot of posting and I wanted to post a Political Satire that I wrote on a forum like this to see if it was any good. The satire doesn't push any political view it just pokes fun at some political characters.

COLBERT AND GOD

Colbert: Nation, I am here with God who may or may not announce his candidacy in the 2012 presidential election.

God: Stephen, I have not said anything to this effect.

Colbert: Sure, not in so many words, but Mitt Romney is the front runner for the republican candidacy. If that’s not divine intervention, I don’t know what is!

God: My actions always get misconstrued; I have not helped Mitt Romney in this matter.

Colbert: But, then, you are saying you have helped Mitt Romney in other matters that could have have lead him to become the front runner. Check and mate, Sir.

God: That is not the correct…

Colbert: I’m sorry, we are out of time and I am going to have to stop you there. Read God’s just released book, the New New Testament, we’ll be right back.

Please leave some feedback so I know if it's good or not. :)
koan

Post by koan »

That's really quite clever. You captured Colbert fantastically. God not exactly. You've made God play to Colbert. Rethink it like you're really omnipotent and the ego that would go with that based on human perception.

I'm a script polisher, so me telling you it's clever is more important than my suggestion for improvement.
koan

Post by koan »

Also think of your running time. It's only about 2/8ths of a page at a minute a page. I'd suggest thinking how to make it run at least a minute and a half.
kanacteeol

Post by kanacteeol »

Thx for the comments! I was kinda using this one as a beta tester for my writing. It's the shortest by far and the least amount of background. The fantastical characters in some of my stories are very human acting to go along with the main theme over the other dialogues I wrote. But I will admit that the God character could use some work and I have portrayed a God character much better in my later work, at least I think I have. I'll end this with a Colbert quote that I made for another one of my dialogues:

Colbert: All I am hearing is a bunch of facts. But the problem with facts is, they have no heart. And without heart, you can never find the truth and that’s a fact.

Return to “Political Humor Satire”