After the flower bed is dug up what to do

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
flowershop

Post by flowershop »

After the flower bed is dug up, and the landscaping is in place, the next thing to consider is the plants themselves. Do you want to have color throughout the year or only in certain seasons? Do you leave town in certain times such as the mid summer? If this is often the case, be sure to obtain flowers that are low maintenance during those times, such as mid summer or that bloom in the springtime.
koan

Post by koan »

omg. I can't even plan dinner.

What I want from my garden is plants that come back so I don't have to replant every year. I noticed that some bloom early and don't return. I also have property gardeners who sometimes take pity on me so I don't know what I did right and what they did for me. I sometimes remember that nature won't water my plants for me all the time.

What is your advice for someone as hopeless as me?
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

koan;1406260 wrote: What is your advice for someone as hopeless as me?
Reading the entire article from 2006 might be a good start.

Planning Your Flower Garden

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

koan;1406260 wrote: What is your advice for someone as hopeless as me?
Reading the entire article from 2006 might be a good start.

Planning Your Flower Garden

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
koan

Post by koan »

My post is carefully created to find out of flowerperson is willing to read, think, and respond instead of copy/paste. There is always the small chance that some will break from their expected pattern. We almost got one promoter to stay and contribute creatively a long time ago. He was a clever chap when you looked past the first post.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I'm with you.

Planning for our "garden" goes something like,

Well, Aunt Sybil sent us the very nice Lily. We should stick it over in that bare spot and see if it grows.

If it's happy there, it will come back next spring, if not, Aunt Sybil will probably send another one next Easter.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

If an area gets overgrown we dig up a chunk and throw it up back by the fence. Surprisingly, that is our best looking area in the yard after all these years.:guitarist
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “Introductions”