Shot by the Taliban:

gmc

Shot by the Taliban:

Post by gmc »

Haven't seen this on mainstream news. Does anyone think fundamentalist christians aren't just as capable of this kind of extremism?

Shot by the Taliban: the 14-year-old campaigner riding the school bus - Asia - World - The Independent

History shows they would be if they get half a chance.
Wandrin

Shot by the Taliban:

Post by Wandrin »

When the Supreme Court in the US integrated the schools, fundamentalist christians were shooting at the school busses of black kids. There have been many many instances since then. Fundamentalists from all religions are capable of violence to achieve their goals.
gmc

Shot by the Taliban:

Post by gmc »

Wandrin;1407417 wrote: When the Supreme Court in the US integrated the schools, fundamentalist christians were shooting at the school busses of black kids. There have been many many instances since then. Fundamentalists from all religions are capable of violence to achieve their goals.

Can't claim to be an expert on the era. All the films etc I've seen seem to play down the religious aspect of racism, sons of ham and all that. I suppose it would be controversial nowadays to suggest christian fundamentalism and bigotry go hand in hand - Or am I reading too much in to it.

It's the same with anti-Semitism According to the pope two thousand years of constant anti-Semitism has nothing to do with the holocaust. The ghettoes and the yellow star were first introduced by a pope,

Return to “General Religious Discussions”