Exhausted but happy....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Exhausted but happy....

Post by Oscar Namechange »

How did you spend your Sunday ?

I spent 7 hours today up to my knee's In silt carefully sifting through It bucket by bucket.

Cold, wet, smelly and covered In slime, I have just sat down with a well deserved coffee...

Today I was on a wildlife mission because a large pond Is to be land filled In the morning...

My work Is done.... my only reward was relocating 10 of these to their new wildlife home.....

The Toad owes me big time...

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
flopstock

Exhausted but happy....

Post by flopstock »

Well, we were going to spend our day at the annual 'pet fest ' that is put on by our local rescue shelter... but it's rainy and cold and so pushed back for a week.

I imagine it's time to pull out the fall/winter wear and see what I am in desparate need of this year.

Your day sounds like loads more fun, actually.:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Exhausted but happy....

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1407878 wrote: How did you spend your Sunday ?

Egg Bacon mushrooms fried tomato and some buttered slices, before a morning in Church, just waiting for Songs of Praise now.

Only joking..........been on here best part of the day.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snowfire

Exhausted but happy....

Post by Snowfire »

I need to be surgically removed from my sofa, where I managed to crawl on to, when I got up this morning. I'm really lazy on a sunday
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
tabby

Exhausted but happy....

Post by tabby »

I went for a hike in the woods this morning and came back through a cow pasture only to find the bull laying down and sunning himself about 10 feet in front of the gate that I needed to go through ... it was down to attempting stealth and slipping by him unnoticed or backtracking and going several hundred yards back around the other way. The warm sun had him in a dozy kind of mood and he just watched me go by him and he never made any motion to get up. Apparently I wasn't even worth the effort of standing up for ... I'm okay with that!

The afternoon was spent making a homemade version of Taco Bell's "Nachos Bell Grande" and it was so worth the effort!! I found the recipe in a magazine and this was my first try.
Marie5656

Exhausted but happy....

Post by Marie5656 »

Well..I spent my Sunday doing some grocery shopping and laundry. Also spent time wondering how in hell I fell out of bed at about 3AM this morning. Woke from a sound sleep literally falling to the floor, blanket around me, almost everything from the night stand coming with me..including the lamp. Only thing left on the nightstand was the radio...blaring full blast. Hubby was sound asleep on the living room chair, headphones on and did not hear a thing.

Thought we had a darn earth quake or something. Or I was just an idiot who fell out of bed...for the first time in about 50 years. :-5
Lady J

Exhausted but happy....

Post by Lady J »

Zeus (my dog) and I hiked early this morning (Tabby you were lucky the bull was sunning himself!)

Oscar kudos for the back breaking work that you did!...You may have saved the lives of frogs/toads but who knows....perhaps one of them was a prince!

I went and had an hour long deep tissue massage....ahhhhhhh! Well deserved I might add.

Unfortunately I had to come home and get changed to head off to the dog park where I am the attendant. Jj and I spoke some...before I left for work.

I have thought about posting a blog...do any of you read blogs? It would be about the dog park and the recent fun-raiser I did with wonderful images!

Just a thought.

Lady J
tabby

Exhausted but happy....

Post by tabby »

Lady J;1407983 wrote: Zeus (my dog) and I hiked early this morning (Tabby you were lucky the bull was sunning himself!)

Oscar kudos for the back breaking work that you did!...You may have saved the lives of frogs/toads but who knows....perhaps one of them was a prince!

I went and had an hour long deep tissue massage....ahhhhhhh! Well deserved I might add.

Unfortunately I had to come home and get changed to head off to the dog park where I am the attendant. Jj and I spoke some...before I left for work.

I have thought about posting a blog...do any of you read blogs? It would be about the dog park and the recent fun-raiser I did with wonderful images!

Just a thought.

Lady J

I read blogs, Lady J, if they're on a topic I'm interested in and yours would fall into that category!

That deep tissue massage sounds heavenly!
Peter Lake

Exhausted but happy....

Post by Peter Lake »

I spent seven hours watching Oscar :sneaky:
flopstock

Exhausted but happy....

Post by flopstock »

Lady J;1407983 wrote: Zeus (my dog) and I hiked early this morning (Tabby you were lucky the bull was sunning himself!)

Just a thought.

Lady J

I'd read a blog on dogs!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Kathy Ellen

Exhausted but happy....

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Welcome back Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “General Chit Chat”