bucket list

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
southern yankee

bucket list

Post by southern yankee »

i have a few all ready done. not that i am READY to go.!!!:) but feel good about doing some of them.:o how about u???
Wandrin

bucket list

Post by Wandrin »

My list is very long and gets longer almost every day. And I have to get to each and every one of them before I'll be ready to go.
flopstock

bucket list

Post by flopstock »

Yes, but what do you have on that list? Is it an actual list or only in your head?

someone told me I needed to make a physical list and that would improve the possibility of accomplishing most of them... i still haven't gotten around to it..:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Wandrin

bucket list

Post by Wandrin »

My list is written down. It consists of countries I want to visit, places I want to see, things I want to do, etc.
koan

bucket list

Post by koan »

My list is utterly boring. It involves things like writing books.
Marie5656

bucket list

Post by Marie5656 »

Mine is rather boring as well. It consists of reading all the books I have been mindlessly buying over the years. And getting my house clean and keeping it in order.
Wandrin

bucket list

Post by Wandrin »

koan;1408152 wrote: My list is utterly boring. It involves things like writing books.
That's easy enough to fix. Just change it to writing a book on top of a mountain or going to Machu Pichu to write a book, or joining an artist colony living on houseboats to write. The possibilities are endless.
chonsigirl

bucket list

Post by chonsigirl »

A bucket list-knowing me it would to be bring in water to wash dishes.....

I want to go to Rome and Greece. Israel too.

Get one more black belt, at least one more.

Learn to play the oboe.

I want a couple more degrees, just for the fun of it.

Kick back and wait for lots of grandchildren. :)
Fiend

bucket list

Post by Fiend »

Mine is fairly simple, one item only:

1. Live

I think I'm getting there :D
Minxing the world! @ Nothing Exchange
Oscar Namechange

bucket list

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Many years ago I had a dream, not so much a bucket wish list...

I had fallen In love with a racehorse called Ubedizzy, a 6 furlong flat sprinter and an enormous brute of an animal. To cut a very long story short, In 1977 he was declared savage by the racing authority and banned from racing In Britain. He became known as the Pol Pot of racing.

Almost every race he ran, the race would be delayed by him failing to dissapoint by throwing his jockey and bolting. He attacked other horses In the final stage of a race, Jockeys, bit the fingers off stable hands and broke arms...What made him astonishing was that after running amok for miles, he'd be caught and he'd still win the race. I adored him and when he was banned from racing, he came up In the Newmarket selling Stakes for 8 thousand guinea's. I begged my Father to buy him for me and my Father being my Dad didn't dismiss the notion out of hand. We did discuss at length where he'd be stabled but the problem was finding a trainer mad enough to take him on. The Idea, or my dream was that we'd exploit a loophole In the racing rules and regs and train him to run the Grand National. It was all dreams for there was no-one who'd handle him and he ended up going to stud.

Riding In the Grand National even at my age Is still number one on my bucket list.

Just found this from some guys blog:

But inside a racetrack the most dangerous thing I have ever seen was also perpetrated at the July meeting, and the lessons have still to be learned. To all our shame this was some 20 years ago and the law of averages must make a repetition of a similar incident come closer every day.

The thug in question this time had four legs not two, but he would have had my two friends for breakfast. Indeed, man-eating was what Steve Nesbitt's brilliant but tooth-happy sprinter Ubedizzy was all about.

On this day, hay nets were not enough. As Ubedizzy stood in the winner's circle, he suddenly knocked his lad to the ground and began to savage him. It was a hideous demonstration of how powerful and

danger-ous an unhinged thoroughbred can be. Somehow Nesbitt's team beat Ubedizzy back upright, several impending heart attacks were avoided and most people went off to the bar, and the implications of what happened have ever since been lost in the froth. These are not so much from savaging, which nowadays is mercifully rare, but from any sort of plunging and kicking in the continued and quite ludicrous overcrowding of the unsaddling enclosure.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Disaster+ ... a088595913
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

bucket list

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My "bucket" is half full, not half empty. ;)

Some of the small, but unforgettable moments of my life, so far.

Riding a motorcycle

Touching a wolf

Holding my first grandchild

Giving a speech in front of a large audience

Walking the volksmarches in Germany

Attending Christmas midnight Mass at The Immaculate Conception Church in Washington, DC

That's all I can think of right now.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “General Chit Chat”