This is priceless

gmc

This is priceless

Post by gmc »

I don't know how influential this guy is but this is hilarious

Fischer: "Political Leadership Ought To Be Reserved For The Hands Of Males" - YouTube

I especially like the bit about how he can't have a reasonable discussion because anyone disagreeing with his interpretation of the bible is being unreasonable.

Jesus was gay - I cite as proof the fact he was betrayed by snogging judas and it's common sense that no truly heterosexual man would want to kiss another, mind you they are a bit funny in some parts of the world. Mind you I do come from a culture (Celtic) where female warriors were so commonplace, the early christian tried to ban them. Must have been upsetting to see warriors being led in to battle by women even worse being killed by one of them.

590: The Christian Synod of Druim Ceit (near Derby) orders British women to quit going into battle alongside their men. The ban must not have been especially effective, since the daughter of Alfred the Great is remembered as the conqueror of Wales and the people who taught sword dancing to the Ulster hero Cû Chulainn were female.

Chronologic history of female warriors, commanders and duelists (Female Single Combat Club)

I get distracted very easily.
Bruv

This is priceless

Post by Bruv »

Shouldn't this be in the Ahso women football thread ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

This is priceless

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I must take issue with GMC's comments on the sexual preference of Jesus, and simply say that the argument in support of it is hogwash. The whole male thing got started because they only invited men to the Council of Nicea, and the entire council was made up of literalists. (Yeah, I know, that's not really a word, at least according to OED, but it works better than any word I could think of at the moment)

Having got that out of the way, let me just add that this Fischer guy is a nincompoop.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

This is priceless

Post by gmc »

LarsMac;1408727 wrote: Well, I must take issue with GMC's comments on the sexual preference of Jesus, and simply say that the argument in support of it is hogwash. The whole male thing got started because they only invited men to the Council of Nicea, and the entire council was made up of literalists. (Yeah, I know, that's not really a word, at least according to OED, but it works better than any word I could think of at the moment)

Having got that out of the way, let me just add that this Fischer guy is a nincompoop.

I was being slightly facetious about JC. It's a good approach to wind up the odd holy roller as it's a similar kind of logic they use when arguing about evolution etc. I have real difficulty understanding how anyone can believe crap like that or how he even gets any airtime.

Kent Hovind vs Ali G ; ali g proves evolution is real - YouTube

Can't stand ali g by the way - a kind of humour that leaves me cold.
LarsMac

This is priceless

Post by LarsMac »

gmc;1408738 wrote: I was being slightly facetious about JC. It's a good approach to wind up the odd holy roller as it's a similar kind of logic they use when arguing about evolution etc. I have real difficulty understanding how anyone can believe crap like that or how he even gets any airtime.

Kent Hovind vs Ali G ; ali g proves evolution is real - YouTube

Can't stand ali g by the way - a kind of humour that leaves me cold.

I can't stomach either one of those guys. Though if forced to chose, I think I prefer Ali G.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

This is priceless

Post by gmc »

LarsMac;1408779 wrote: I can't stomach either one of those guys. Though if forced to chose, I think I prefer Ali G.

Well at least he knows he is talking nonsense.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”