Enough Is enough... Amanda Knox

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Amanda Knox WILL face retrial over murder of British student Meredith Kercher | Mail Online

Can America refuse to extradite her?

I hope so...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I just read this not more than a few hours ago:

Meredith Kercher murder case: Amanda Knox will never be extradited to Italy.
Oscar Namechange

Thanks Snooze...

From what I recall of her first trial, she was convicted on the flimsiest of evidence.

It's a plain and simple witch hunt.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I don't think Ms Knox will be traveling outside the US for a while.

Just a hunch.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

The Italian authorities have an obligation to their citizens to ensure justice is served and especially to the murdered girl's family and friends. I think people in the US or the UK would expect that of their judicial system.

Amanda Knox should not walk merely because she's an American citizen, and I bet there are a lot of people around the globe who suspect that is exactly what's happened.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Ahso!;1423285 wrote: The Italian authorities have an obligation to their citizens to ensure justice is served and especially to the murdered girl's family and friends. I think people in the US or the UK would expect that of their judicial system.

Amanda Knox should not walk merely because she's an American citizen, and I bet there are a lot of people around the globe who suspect that is exactly what's happened.

She was acquited on appeal..... that means she was found not guilty. She has endured 2 lengthy trials and Imprisonment....

She was acquited.... End of...

I feel for the families of the murdered girl but this witch hunt against Amanda Knox Is revenge, not the solution.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1423285 wrote: The Italian authorities have an obligation to their citizens to ensure justice is served and especially to the murdered girl's family and friends. I think people in the US or the UK would expect that of their judicial system.

Dead wrong ahso. There is no Double Jeopardy in Italy. Italian citizens have been cleared of all charges only to find themselves in jail a few months or years later for the same crime. We have an obligation to our citizens not to embroil them in such nonsense.

All people must be very cautious when traveling to different nations, they will be subject to the laws of that particular nation. But once home, to subject Amanda Knox to a forced return is Wrong.

I have seen the murder victim's family interviewed often. They are out for AK's blood. That will not bring their beloved back & I have followed this case, it is misplaced revenge.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1423305 wrote: Dead wrong ahso. There is no Double Jeopardy in Italy. Italian citizens have been cleared of all charges only to find themselves in jail a few months or years later for the same crime. We have an obligation to our citizens not to embroil them in such nonsense.

All people must be very cautious when traveling to different nations, they will be subject to the laws of that particular nation. But once home, to subject Amanda Knox to a forced return is Wrong.

I have seen the murder victim's family interviewed often. They are out for AK's blood. That will not bring their beloved back & I have followed this case, it is misplaced revenge.Didn't know that.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

AnneBoleyn;1423305 wrote: Dead wrong ahso. There is no Double Jeopardy in Italy. Italian citizens have been cleared of all charges only to find themselves in jail a few months or years later for the same crime. We have an obligation to our citizens not to embroil them in such nonsense.

I have seen the murder victim's family interviewed often. They are out for AK's blood. That will not bring their beloved back & I have followed this case, it is misplaced revenge.

Very well said Anne ....

Have you read the book, ' The Fatal Gift Of Beauty '... about the case ?

What puzzles me Is the abject failure by Italian authorities and the murdered girls family to Investigate the witness accounts of the drifter Rudy Guede outside the property at the time. He Is a convicted burgler who repeatedly changed his story. First he stated that AK and Raffaele Sollecito were nowhere near the building at the time and next he's saying he's the only person who can place both of them at the scene. That stinks big time and he has absolutely no evidence to offer on AK being there. He's never been cross examined In court and In fact chose to remain silent throughout the trials... His bloody hand print was found on a pillow under the girls body !!!!! He's now claiming that AK and RS murdered the girl while he sat on the toilet In the bathroom.... yet he has never faced any charges...

If she's a murderer than my Auntie's got bollocks

Return to “International Politics”