Final Fantasy

Wolverine

Final Fantasy

Post by Wolverine »

Yeah, not too many gamers in here. I did see the movie when it came out a few years back. Does that count?? :)

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Wolverine

Final Fantasy

Post by Wolverine »

acydikeen wrote: No.

"The Spirit's Within" is an abomanation to FF fans everywhere!!!

oh. sorry. I shall never speak of it again.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

john8pies

Final Fantasy

Post by john8pies »

er dare I ask what Final Fantasy actually IS?!
Jives

Final Fantasy

Post by Jives »

I like you avatar, acid. That's Sephiroth from FF7, is it not? I'm a Fanil Fantasy Otaku just like you!

I've played every single one of them, including the Japanese-only FF6 (I think it was). Go ahead and rake on me, but I think FF8 was the coolest. I don't really like the Superdeformed kids of FF7, even though it had a better story line.

FF9 was just weird.

I can't afford FF11.

Final Fantasy X was the best next generation RPG I ever played, but what wsa that ending about? It was more esoteric than Xenosaga! Crazy Jap mysticism! :D

So don't worry, I'll beef up your thread! Glad to see you here and welcome BTW, I mod the Arts and Entertainment Forum, so you have a powerful ally already! :wah:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
babygirl

Final Fantasy

Post by babygirl »

Hi my fave has to be FF7 its cool at the moment i am playing FF10 :D
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

babygirl

Final Fantasy

Post by babygirl »

Angelchocobo is pi**ed off i was nearly at the end battle on ff10 and my memory card on my ps2 wiped its self and i have to start again ggggrrrrrrrrrr :-5
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

Jives

Final Fantasy

Post by Jives »

"Ouch"!!!! That sucks, Angel!
babygirl

Final Fantasy

Post by babygirl »

Jives wrote: "Ouch"!!!! That sucks, Angel!

lol tell me about it i have re started it now and i am no where near finishing it :mad: it's quite funny really innit :D

Jives

Final Fantasy

Post by Jives »

Do you have another card? What do you think might have caused the crash? Did you shock the card with static? Pull it out while it was writing? Is it an official Sony card? I've had some problems in the past with the other ones.

Make TWO saves every time you save, one to use and one as a backup.
abortretryfail

Final Fantasy

Post by abortretryfail »

I played 7 through X-2. I dunno which is my favorite. I liked 7 and 8. I don't really remember 9 and 10. I remember thinking 10-2 was kinda for ladies, but I liked it anyway, it was unique. I cannot wait for XII, I skipped XI because it was just too much with the hard drive and online play, I can't spend that much time on Final Fantasy, it already takes hours out of my life!
babygirl

Final Fantasy

Post by babygirl »

Jives wrote: Do you have another card? What do you think might have caused the crash? Did you shock the card with static? Pull it out while it was writing? Is it an official Sony card? I've had some problems in the past with the other ones.

Make TWO saves every time you save, one to use and one as a backup.

Hi Jives well it is a official sony mem card and i do not have a clue what happened it has happened twice now so i have baught myself a new one and i finally completed ff10 ye ha :D

Raven

Final Fantasy

Post by Raven »

Final Fantasy is why I have a playstation in the first place. My favorites are 7 & 8. Unlike the majority, I enjoyed 9. I have played them since nintendo. The replay value on them in priceless! I loved the new gen of 10 but the ending just stunk! I refuse to get 11. I absolutely cant wait till 12 comes out. And I hear they are coming out with a new movie!

Jives, I too played six. It was released in Japan as 4. But the dang thing is REALLY hard to beat!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Jives

Final Fantasy

Post by Jives »

I'm really, really hoping that FFXII will go for a more tradional "Western' ending instead of the "Japanese - esoteric - what-was-that-all-about?" ending.

Glad you got your card fixed up and congrats on finishing FFX, Angel!
David Hill

Final Fantasy

Post by David Hill »

FFXI FTW! yeah I got XI and it rocks, although im only half way thru the story (it takes forever to complete >.<) but yeah it r0xx0rs and i totally love it, btw it's the only FF game ive played besides tactics advanced and I dont have enough time to go back and play all of em

btw FFXII is supposed to be the "offline" version of FFXI
Alfred

Final Fantasy

Post by Alfred »

i was part way through 7, almost over the first disk, when my cousin wiped my memory card.

i got a PS2 soon after and got too caught up in SOCOM 2 online.

Advents Children was pretty cool, especially the fight between sephroth and Cloud, but the wierd endings to all these things.
Raven

Final Fantasy

Post by Raven »

I am soooooooo waiting for it!!:-4
chrisb84uk

Final Fantasy

Post by chrisb84uk »

hehehe don't get me started on FF, self obsessed fan here!!!! :D
Raven

Final Fantasy

Post by Raven »

It was supposed to have come out here in september, but they have pushed it back. If it's not out for christmas, then look for an easter release. Thats how they do it in the states.:thinking:
LilacDragon

Final Fantasy

Post by LilacDragon »

My younger daughter and I are both HUGE FF fans. Since I am a mom and have to share my PS2 with my 7 year old son, you can imagine I don't get much time to play.

I am working on FFX, but got myself stuck in a battle that I can't win (because I missed something important along the way and saved right before the damn battle) so I am going to have to start over. :(

My daughter wants a PSP for Christmas and Advent Children.

Do you guys buy the books and use them, or are you tougher then me and just buy the game?
Sandi

chrisb84uk

Final Fantasy

Post by chrisb84uk »

LilacDragon wrote: My younger daughter and I are both HUGE FF fans. Since I am a mom and have to share my PS2 with my 7 year old son, you can imagine I don't get much time to play.

I am working on FFX, but got myself stuck in a battle that I can't win (because I missed something important along the way and saved right before the damn battle) so I am going to have to start over. :(

My daughter wants a PSP for Christmas and Advent Children.

Do you guys buy the books and use them, or are you tougher then me and just buy the game?

Ah the joy of FFX, well I managed to get through the majority of it, but did have to nose on the net in order to complete 100% of the game. Can't say I buy the books, especially when u can find all the answers to any problems on the net. Try gamefaqs.com they seem to be really useful, oh and any help ya need just let me know, have played through that game at least 4 times, (sad I know!! :D )
Raven

Final Fantasy

Post by Raven »

LOL! I wouldnt even THINK of getting a final fantasy without the books!:wah:
chrisb84uk

Final Fantasy

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well they certainly do try and fit as much in there as possible. Trying to find all the little secrets is pretty much impossible without some kind of guide, even if u have played all the FF series since the beginning. Must say I'm looking forward to 12, even though it will probably come out here, like this time next year....sigh.....
Raven

Final Fantasy

Post by Raven »

when I had a printer, I would go to gamefaqs and just print off the walkthroughs, but alas......no printer, so like you, my face is online when I get stuck. Thank goodness for all the game geeks who spend AGES putting them on there! LOL!

You really think next year? .........bummer.........
chrisb84uk

Final Fantasy

Post by chrisb84uk »

Raven wrote: when I had a printer, I would go to gamefaqs and just print off the walkthroughs, but alas......no printer, so like you, my face is online when I get stuck. Thank goodness for all the game geeks who spend AGES putting them on there! LOL!

You really think next year? .........bummer.........

Hehehe yeah it must take ages for all those kind people that put up their guides on the net to share with us all. Some of them are really in depth, and are so useful. You ever check out the message boards there, they are pretty darn funny I have to admit.

And on the release date, it's supposedly meant to be out end of January, beginning of February, but we shall see. Wouldn't surprise me if they added several months to that date.
Raven

Final Fantasy

Post by Raven »

you're breakin my heart, man.
chrisb84uk

Final Fantasy

Post by chrisb84uk »

I know sorry to be the bringer of bad news. Perhaps we can set up a gaming clinic where we can console all the poor soles who have to tend with such evil release dates. :)
Raven

Final Fantasy

Post by Raven »

Hello. My name is Raven, and I am a game-a-holic.:o
chippy009

Final Fantasy

Post by chippy009 »

Final Fantasy!! The Best Games Ever Ever Ever!!!!!!!!

Dragon Quest 8 Is Pretty Gd Aswell Thats The Game Ive Been Playing L8ly.

Final Fantasy Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rpg's R My Fave Genre Of Games.
chrisb84uk

Final Fantasy

Post by chrisb84uk »

chippy009 wrote: Final Fantasy!! The Best Games Ever Ever Ever!!!!!!!!

Dragon Quest 8 Is Pretty Gd Aswell Thats The Game Ive Been Playing L8ly.

Final Fantasy Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rpg's R My Fave Genre Of Games.

Same here RPG's have always been my favourite kind of game since I first got into gaming. I have Dragon Quest 8, but haven't started that yet, but from what I hear it's a excellent game and I'm really looking forward to it.

Return to “The Gaming Zone - PC Console”