Welcome To The House of Fun.

Where the 1980's never ended! Celebrate the Music, Culture, and Memories of the 1980's.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Madness ... wot a group! I just watched this video for the umpteenth time.

Hands up everyone who knew that this song is about a sixteen year old going to a chemist to buy condoms.

"Our House" ... "It Must Be Love" ... Sigh.

They don't make music like this anymore!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I think all Brits knew that but my favourite Madness track Is :

Madness - Michael Caine - YouTube

Suggs :-4:-4:-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Actually I tell a lie... to me their greatest was this:

Madness - One Step Beyond - YouTube

This early style actually spawned a new generation of music In England known as ' Ska '

Very popular with Mods...

It was about 1984 that I took time out from The Stranglers to go and see Madness live at The Brighton Centre with my Mod nephew and his pals... when they started playing this which was a full 15 minute version, the roof came off and I was compelled to dance Madness style .... you had to be there.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

I took this pic of my sister's boy, my nephew Darren mid 80's.... It was fair damn Impossible to walk down the street with him without young girls thinking he was The Suggs.

Attached files

Return to “The Awesome 80's”